Meet Ups/Conventions

MHD

In the late 80s I went to a Zeppelin convention that was in a hotel in the New Jersey Meadowlands area. There was a large room where vendors were selling all sorts of Zep stuff, including bootleg LPs & videos. And in the auditorium there were a couple of tribute bands (don't recall their names though) that were pretty good. I thought there might be a convention around the NY area every couple of years but I never heard of any after that.

I attended ZepFest on July 2nd 1998 at The Odeon in Cleveland. It was arranged by

Grant Burgess of Canada. Included tickets to the Page/Plant shows in Pittsburgh,

Cleveland, and Toronto. I had also attended three other shows in the Midwest. If

there's a 40th Anniversary Convention in London this year you can count me in.

I attended the "Destroyer" anniversary convention in London last year organised by Underground Uprising/Tight But Loose. God alone knows why.

Sorry to hear that. I also attended the Tight But Loose Fan Gathering at a pub in Houndsditch, London following Page/Plant's Wembley concerts in Nov 1998. There

was live music, a few items for sale, and plenty of spirited conversation. Our table

won the trivia contest, which was also good fun.

Sorry to hear that. I also attended the Tight But Loose Fan Gathering at a pub in Houndsditch, London following Page/Plant's Wembley concerts in Nov 1998. There

was live music, a few items for sale, and plenty of spirited conversation. Our table

won the trivia contest, which was also good fun.

...and I was at the TBL 'pre meet up' for both those Wembley gigs at a pub near the Arena

:wave:

oh, and I was at the famous LZ.com 'pre meet up' for the O2 gig at 'Boots the Chemist', Canary Wharf. :lol:

i received the new issue of the tight but loose magazine the other day,

and theres going to be a big convention in London in '08 to celebrate the 40th anniversary. :D

It's mentioned on the tightbutloose website, (in one of his recent Diary entries) Dave Lewis said more details will be forthcoming once it starts to unfold. I'm sure it will be in the London area. That sucks for us Americans.

...and I was at the TBL 'pre meet up' for both those Wembley gigs at a pub near the Arena

oh, and I was at the famous LZ.com 'pre meet up' for the O2 gig at 'Boots the Chemist', Canary Wharf. :lol:

I was at that particular "pre meet up" several times . . . :whistling: Thank God someone found a map. B)

:hysterical::hysterical:

Oh, my...it was so funny....four guys, a map and a girl thinking :wtf:

:hysterical::hysterical:

Thank goodness they didn't spoil everything by asking for directions, eh? :rolleyes::lol:

:hysterical:

Men?? asking for directions?? :blink:

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Pilot...Aqua and I would have done it to the O2 on time, even if there were two of them. And with no maps. :D

Well.....I would. :rolleyes:

:P

:hysterical:

Men?? asking for directions?? :blink:

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Pilot...Aqua and I would have done it to the O2 on time, even if there were two of them. And with no maps. :D

Well.....I would. :rolleyes::P

I, on the other hand, would have been wandering around Birmingham by now, but I was smart enough to stick with Celia. ;)

P.S. Hi Pilot! :wave:

I, on the other hand, would have been wandering around Birmingham by now, but I was smart enough to stick with Celia. ;)

P.S. Hi Pilot! :wave:

Hi H :wave: how are you?

I couldn't see what the problem was

http://www.mycanarywharf.com/stores/map.php?id=83

looked easy enough to find I shouldn't have left Vince in charge of directions (we can blame him 'cos he's not here)

Hi H :wave: how are you?

I couldn't see what the problem was

http://www.mycanarywharf.com/stores/map.php?id=83

looked easy enough to find I shouldn't have left Vince in charge of directions (we can blame him 'cos he's not here)

Fine thanks!

I knew it had to be somebody's fault (poor old Vince)--plus the fact that there were 4 branches of Boots didn't help, I suppose . . . :blink:

Fine thanks!

I knew it had to be somebody's fault (poor old Vince)--plus the fact that there were 4 branches of Boots didn't help, I suppose . . . :blink:

But it could have been even worse....it could have been 4 guys and 4 maps.... :rolleyes:

oh, well, blame it on Vince. -_-

Can you remember which one it was we found that little lady looking lost?

:D

4 Boots in the same shopping centre, thats extravagant.

Going from one to the other

"These Boots were made for walking" :whistling:

Hey steady there lady, we tour guides got you there in the end B):lol:

Hey, I will be completely honest with you....it was fucking funny and it took me lots of self control NOT to go inside the first shop and ask for Boots....but, you know, I hardly knew you then. :rolleyes:

I had to play the nice girl. :)

And you're hired to be my guide next time I'm in London, OK? ;)

Can you remember which one it was we found that little lady looking lost?

:D

4 Boots in the same shopping centre, thats extravagant.

Going from one to the other

"These Boots were made for walking" :whistling:

PAUL!!! Thank God you're here. I was begining to feel a little out numbered.

The Boots where we eventually found Aqua was the one highlighted in the Canary Wharf link that I've posted...you remember...the large Boots next to Waitrose....how could you forget. I've tried several times since 10-12-07, but threads like this don't help :wacko:

*edited for shockin spelin

Hey, I will be completely honest with you....it was fucking funny and it took me lots of self control NOT to go inside the first shop and ask for Boots....but, you know, I hardly knew you then. :rolleyes:

I had to play the nice girl. :)

And you're hired to be my guide next time I'm in London, OK? ;)

I know it was funny, like a little train of ants wandering around the ant hill :D

You held your self control well.

I'm usually better with road maps so if there had been a motorway running through canary wharf then I'd have found her sooner. :blink:

My rates have gone up for personal guided tours of London :rolleyes:

Lets all blame Vince :lol:

Archived