Meet Ups/Conventions

MHD

yeah, forgeiners in London always get lost...especially those from up North :wacko:

I got myself and Celia Helen and Vince around London far easier than around Canary Fucking Wharf.

Must be cos i don't live as far north as you. :D

And Vince should have known his way around, he's from Chicago :blink:

I got myself and Celia Helen and Vince around London far easier than around Canary Fucking Wharf.

Must be cos i don't live as far north as you. :D

And Vince should have known his way around, he's from Chicago :blink:

The next time I meet you, Celia, Helen, Vince...or anybody else from here for that matter, it will not be at Canary bleeding Wharf

The next time I meet you, Celia, Helen, Vince...or anybody else from here for that matter, it will not be at Canary bleeding Wharf

No matter where, when...I hope we meet again. :)

Have to go....

thanks Pilot, Helen and Paul for the good laughs.

And for the great memories.

:wave:

i received the new issue of the tight but loose magazine the other day,

and theres going to be a big convention in London in '08 to celebrate the 40th anniversary. :D

Wow, great news! Gotta be there :yay:

I attended ZepFest on July 2nd 1998 at The Odeon in Cleveland. It was arranged by

Grant Burgess of Canada. Included tickets to the Page/Plant shows in Pittsburgh,

Cleveland, and Toronto. I had also attended three other shows in the Midwest. If

there's a 40th Anniversary Convention in London this year you can count me in.

I was at the ZepFest in 1996 (Nov. 8-10) in Cleveland at the Odeon. Still have my shirt nearby. Won the air guitar contest there (to a version of Rock and Roll from the Aussie '72 tour). Bought tape copies of Pittsburgh '73 and Chicago '75 that I still need to transfer to digital.

I know Grant also had a '97 ZepFest in Niagara Falls (NY side, I believe), but I didn't attend. Didn't hear about the '98 Cleveland stuff until it was too late, though I was at the Pittsburgh P/P show that year.

>02 Pilot meet up------> made it :D

>Buffalo Zep Fest---missed it :(

>Cleveland Zep Fest-----missed it :(

>Toronto Zep Fest---------missed it :(

>Meadowlands Hilton--->made it :D Met Eddie Kramer!

>Misc Record Conventions in NE USA in 1980's--made them :D

08 TBL Zep 40th in London------>Count me in :D

And a stranger from a strange land will be there too, but I warn you, I cannot read maps to save my life so you now have a few months to study up :D

So that's three of us wandering helplessly around the countryside then . . . :( Oh well, at least the company will be good! :D

My singer just texted me from the NAMM show. Lori (Zoso4vida) has just met with Jason Bonham and showed him the four symbols tattoo on her neck. Viva la Zeppelin!!! :beer:

I wanted to go to NAMM SO BAD!!! Can anyone go or do you have to like, know someone to get in? My guitar teacher went, I wish I could have gone.

I wanted to go to NAMM SO BAD!!! Can anyone go or do you have to like, know someone to get in? My guitar teacher went, I wish I could have gone.

I believe anyone can go. A friend of mine who's a musician went last year. You have to pay for a badge. I forget exactly what it costs though.

So that's three of us wandering helplessly around the countryside then . . . :( Oh well, at least the company will be good! :D

Have a little faith ladies, your tour guide will serve you well. :lol:

Just stay away from shopping malls and if you get lost look for the big stadium as a beacon home.

And ninelives that is not yankee stadium :blink:

Have a little faith ladies, your tour guide will serve you well. :lol:

Just stay away from shopping malls and if you get lost look for the big stadium as a beacon home.

And ninelives that is not yankee stadium :blink:

:P I'm not THAT directionless :lol:

Well not yet anyways <_<

I've been to 2 Cleveland Zepfests, 1 Niagara Falls, 2 Toronto.

Lots of good memories from each of the Conventions.

I met alot of great ppl and made some life long friends.

There are photos of most of the Conventions at Bruce's site, Best of Zep on the Net.

Good times for sure!

• 1 month later...
Although I have been a life long fan of Zep, I have never wandered into the convention territory. Do these happen? Has anyone here ever attended one?

I've been to two now, although it's been a while!

The first one was in 2005 in Northampton. I met a few people off the board. It was great that one, actually. Lots of awesome stalls, a great tribute band, videos up on a big screen and all that. It was a great day.

The second one didn't live up to expectations. It was at the Cavern Club in Liverpool and again, I met up with a few people off the board. They had a hilariously crap tribute band, about three stalls, and a bit of video on a small telly. It was ace meeting up with who I met up with, but the convention was a bit crap.

I'd certainly go to another though.

Archived