Our favorite promoter blogs again

KEVIN

http://www.harveygoldsmith.com/harvey-blogs.php

Many of you may will have seen in the media the news attached to the Culture, Media and Sport Committee on ‘ticket touting.’ My feelings are that the report was toothless!

I would like to get some feedback from all of you out there who buy tickets to see shows.

1) Are you in support of the secondary ticket market

2) Are you against the secondary ticket market

3) If you are against it would you like to see legislation to outlaw the re-sale of a ticket, providing a fair exchange mechanism is in place.

4) Currently are you buying more than the number of tickets you actually need to sell the balance on the secondary ticket market.

I am committed to continuing the fight to stop this secondary trade. It appears to me that what is currently happening is that a false demand is being created by people who buy surplus tickets than their need to a show purely with a view to profiteering. If you the ticket goers want this system to continue then so be it.

I would like to hear from as many of you as possible to get your views. Equally I would like to hear from those of you who have purchased tickets through this secondary market where the tickets either don’t exist or were not what you thought they were.

We are coming up to the festival season and it is important to understand what you really think.

Please let me know.

Harvey Goldsmith

http://www.harveygoldsmith.com/harvey-blogs.php

Many of you may will have seen in the media the news attached to the Culture, Media and Sport Committee on ‘ticket touting.’ My feelings are that the report was toothless!

I would like to get some feedback from all of you out there who buy tickets to see shows.

1) Are you in support of the secondary ticket market

2) Are you against the secondary ticket market

3) If you are against it would you like to see legislation to outlaw the re-sale of a ticket, providing a fair exchange mechanism is in place.

4) Currently are you buying more than the number of tickets you actually need to sell the balance on the secondary ticket market.

I am committed to continuing the fight to stop this secondary trade. It appears to me that what is currently happening is that a false demand is being created by people who buy surplus tickets than their need to a show purely with a view to profiteering. If you the ticket goers want this system to continue then so be it.

I would like to hear from as many of you as possible to get your views. Equally I would like to hear from those of you who have purchased tickets through this secondary market where the tickets either don’t exist or were not what you thought they were.

We are coming up to the festival season and it is important to understand what you really think.

Please let me know.

Harvey Goldsmith

do you think this means he knows Zeppelin is gunna tour. "ooh it makes me wonder. really makes me wonder."

This is the opening salvo to war on legal scalping, and it is about time. I am 100% against secondary markets for tickets. How is the band/artist supposed to asses their true value as a touring act? Why should scalping be legal for the big guys "somehow". This has been an incremental problem I'd say dating back to 1988. That is the year I noticed a shift from street thug scalpers to classified ads in the newspaper. They seem to be able to buy their tickets in advance of regular folks. How do they do that without a back-room deal with the promoters?

1) Are you in support of the secondary ticket market? No.

2) Are you against the secondary ticket market? Ummmm... Yes!

3) If you are against it would you like to see legislation to outlaw the re-sale of a ticket, providing a fair exchange mechanism is in place? How about a cap of $20? Just an idea.

4) Currently are you buying more than the number of tickets you actually need to sell the balance on the secondary ticket market? No.

Tickets are pricey enough these days. Example, I went to a basketball game the other day... the tickets were $131!!!!! Now, I didn't have to pay for them... :D but still. That's insane! Then beer is $7 each! I can buy a 6 pack for that! Harvey can you do something about beer prices too! ;) thanks.

Archived