Star Trek teaser to be released this weekend with Cloverfield

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

I love Star Trek TOS. I love it so much I have to post this topic. :bagoverhead:

I've been looking forward to the new Star Trek movie coming out this Christmas and I've been catching up on updates from time to time on trekmovie.com

Since last fall, rumors of the teaser were said to be of the Enterprise under construction. It was cofirmed that the teaser will be like that last month and it will be released along with Cloverfield this weekend. TrekMovie confirmed the description of the trailer. Here is an excerpt…

Slow Paramount logo.

Bad Robot logo.

Black, suddenly some sparks (very saturated, Michael Bay looking cinematography)

We hear an old NASA radio countdown: “30 sec and counting.”

Close up of a timeless guy with goggles leaning down doing some weilding and sparks flying around.

He lifts his googles — slightly futuristic head covering. It’s not a space suit, btw.

The dude leans down and wields some more — he’s standing on big metal.

“FROM DIRECTOR J.J. ABRAMS” (blue font with a nice lens flare)....

star-trek-uss-enterprise-b.gif

This image was released today by AOL. This is the first glimpse of the new Enterprise. TOO FUCKING COOL!

Can't wait till it comes out this Christmas. B)

Ah, glad to see another Trek fan!

Here are some screenshots how the new (but in fact old) Enterprise should look like, sorry that the text is in Czech but the pics pretty much speak for themselves. She's been altered more than I hoped but less than I feared it could be, being pushed slightly towards NX-01 nacelle look, clearly to create the impression it has evolved from the NX.

• 2 months later...

I liked The Next Generation. My ex is a trek geek, and I got sucked in (after my mom and brother tried and failed to convert me for many years).

:bagoverhead: I have even been to a convention :bagoverhead::bagoverhead::bagoverhead: Once, many years ago.

ST-TOS is being aired on Sunday nights for 2 hours in the Dallas area.

I watch most of the "The Enterprise Incident".

I have a Question about that episode.

When Spock and the female Romulan Commander are together, Spock asks that they should have an hour together before he leaves to retuen back to the Enterprise. The Commander slips into somehting more comfortable, and then Spcok and the Commander touch hands, and do some erotic hand touching. Soon a Junior Romulan Officer intrudes into the Commanders quarters to tell her that an alien transmission has been detected from her quarters.

What I want to know is, the way the episode was written, are we to assume that Spock and the Romulan Commander had sexual intercourse, or did they just share the erotic touching and the feeling and emotions that went with that ?

Later in the episode, Spock and Commander agree to keep secret what they had "shared".

But, I am unclear as to what they meant by that.

Vulcans and Romulans both fuck with their hands.

As logical as Spock is supposed to be, you'd think he'd remember to put on a glove....

:o Then what was that thing when he grabbed that chicks face? Remember that?

I am still freaked out by the Borg. The only thing that freaks me out as much as the Borg was that X Files with the family who were all fucking each other and had those mutant babies. :o :'(

I am still freaked out by the Borg. The only thing that freaks me out as much as the Borg was that X Files with the family who were all fucking each other and had those mutant babies. :o :'(

Oh jeez, yeah. I covered my eyes through most of...uh, was that First Contact that had all the Borg in it? The newer movies have all kind of melted into one in my head. Anyway, man, that used to scare the poop out of me. Of course, it was really my ears that needed covering more than my eyes, because the worst part is of course when everything goes dark on deck and all you get is that horrible, foreboding "Resistance is futile" message. That's some serious Hitchcockian suspense right there; actually seeing the Borg later on isn't half as bad as that first moment of realization that the crew is completely screwed.

Voyager wasn't my favorite series, but I was always really fascinated by 7 of 9's character. It's obviously a rip-off of Data, and he probably has the more memorable search for his identity, but there was something unique about watching someone who actually used to be human try to regain their humanity. With Data it was kind of an interesting experiment for him to find out what makes a human a human, but 7 of 9 really had to struggle to understand human society and get past her doubts about whether she really was human or not, and I thought that was really interesting. So I guess I have sort of a grotesque fascination with the Borg; they're hella scary, but they also make you contemplate your own existence and all that.

• 3 months later...

I love how they have the trailer at the beginning of the year and they say "Oh, we'll tease the shit out of you with this, but you have to wait about a year and a half before you can see it." so if that's so, they had better be at it from here to May.

I love how they have the trailer at the beginning of the year and they say "Oh, we'll tease the shit out of you with this, but you have to wait about a year and a half before you can see it." so if that's so, they had better be at it from here to May.

The trailer was released at the beginning of this year, because the film was supposed to be released this upcoming Christmas. More than a month later, Paramount bumped the film to be released next May feeling that it would be successful as a summer movie than a Christmas release. :(

The trailer was released at the beginning of this year, because the film was supposed to be released this upcoming Christmas. More than a month later, Paramount bumped the film to be released next May feeling that it would be successful as a summer movie than a Christmas release. :(

The thing is, it would blow everything else released at Christmas out of the water (in terms of the box-office). When it comes out next year it'll just be another summer movie.

The thing is, it would blow everything else released at Christmas out of the water (in terms of the box-office). When it comes out next year it'll just be another summer movie.

I guess the anticapation that Iron Man was getting for last May's release influenced them to cash in on this instead at the time. I'm sure the money they make will be worth it for them (because nerds will crawl out of their mothers basements from left and right, which will sadly be the closest they'll ever come to losing their virginity as they'll walk out in public for the first time in years!) and I know the wait will be worth it for us fans as well. We've been waiting long for something from Star Trek to come out like this for a very long time. <_<

• 5 months later...

There are three "trailers" now at :

http://www.startrekmovie.com/

One is a Teaser Trailer

Another is the "Trailer"

And another is a TV Spot which is taken from the "Trailer".

One place listed as a filming location is Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park, Agua Dulce, California,

I may check this movie out at the IMAX Theater. I have never yet seen a feature film at the IMAX.

I'm hopeful that it will at least as much acting as action.

Spock looks good.

But the Kirk character.... I hope I'm not dissapointed with Chris Pine's acting, as I was with Mark Wahlberg's under-acting in The Planet Of The Apes....

Funny, how the Swiss, Beligum, and the French get May 6th Release Dates ? ? ?

But, the Special "World" Premiers are not yet noted....

http://www.startrekmovie.com/releasedates/

• 3 months later...

Archived