Bloomberg

Dont pay attention to him, he's obviously a retard.

Whats funny is, he weaves in the praise of Sir Paul, who was at the show rocking out, and enjoying himself. I mean, he is totally entitled to his opinion, and to voice it, but to use McCartney as the flip side to Zeppelin when the man himself is obviously a huge fan? Besides the fact there is no review, just hatred for the band. What a complete buffoon. I will shoot him an email pointing this out. :D

Just a jazz snob, and he's entitled to dislike whatever he wants. Not a rare breed. I lived down the street from Berklee College of music for many years, and last time i checked, they were still minting these guys. Some people just want Jaco & Miles.

Well i mean he is aloud not to like Zep but to flame like that is not called for. How can he even compair himself to zep. That guy should not have a job in his position imo... Envy is a ugly thing and that guys painted all green man. Btw Zep uses jazz licks in their music, And they have never been a purist band... hence why Page took over for Clapton in the yardbrid days. Why? because clapton wanted to go for pure to the blues. This is a widly known fact that Page wanted to not be in a purist band Hence the creation of led zeppelin! This guy needs to learn his music before opening his mouth.

Neg Karma for bloomberg.

Led Zeppelin is good music with the Volume turned up. Its funny he mentions the BBC sessions and remembering them back in 69. That when they were just a hard rock band with screeching vocals, guitars, and pounding of drums. So I'm assuming he didn't hear the 3rd album and the little nuances in each song. Most likely he never heard the fourth album and the beginning of STH or even GTC. Most likely his girl fiend in 1969 gave some guy in a chevelle wearing a Led Zeppelin shirt, a Blow Job. Zep don't make "silly Love Songs". They make songs you "ride around in a Chevelle songs". some people have different taste but the comparing of Mr. Sir Paul McCartney songs to Zeppelin is just trying to put people down.

Looks like someone is trying to give Zep a bad name.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=muse

Trying to give Zep a bad name? Seems like ultra-snob critics have been giving that their best effort for forty years, with a spectacular lack of success.

I didn't click on the link, but I'm going to assume the critic fits the same profile as most who hate the band. They know very little about it.

Granted Sir Paul is loved and revered by many. IMO he's OK but has always been a bit too pop for my tastes and is far down on my lists of greats.

That expressed this "reporter" needs to go back to bubble gum land and leave rock reporting to those who KNOW rock and roll!

BTW I LOVE Jazz!

Granted Sir Paul is loved and revered by many. IMO he's OK but has always been a bit too pop for my tastes and is far down on my lists of greats.

That expressed this "reporter" needs to go back to bubble gum land and leave rock reporting to those who KNOW rock and roll!

BTW I LOVE Jazz!

If you read into his article, he proclaims himself a Jazz Musician. Which means, he is a frustrated failure, who vents his frustration writing about those he is jealous of. And oh yes, email has been sent.

I actually sent him a nice letter and asked him to listen some songs that showed Zep multiple layers (Bron-Y-Aur, Rain Song, etc.)...still have not heard back....I'm guessing I won't....the haters REALLY hate our boys...the worst part is that none of them seem to now what they are talking about....at all!!!

All you need to know about this guy is, he thinks McCartney's music is complex, but Zeppelin's isn't... errr.... ummmm.... I stand speechless at that.

Also, he thinks Jimmy's guitar playing is soulless... soulless! And Bonzo's drumming is simply maniacal? If he can't hear the soul searching, screaming, crying, laughing, brimming with joy in Jimmy's playing; and he's never appreciated the delicacy Bonham was capable of a split second after what is indeed maniacal, well of course he doesn't like Led Zeppelin. And let's not even start on the amazing precision, speed and delicacy of JPJ! (This guy's a jazz musician? My butt.)

This reminds me of that wonderful line in Amadeus: "There are too many notes for the royal ear..." :D

But that's ok, if Zep appealed to everyone they'd be pap, rather than magic.

"I was struck, in particular, by ``Lady Madonna'' and how gracefully ``Sunday morning creeping like a nun'' rhymes with ``See how they run.''

My, how profound Sir Paul can be...

I've always loved the Beatles, but the purity of Zeppelin will blow away Sir Paul's attempts at music every time. Sir Paul without John is a joke and a nothing, IMO.

This guy obviously has no soul.

Everytime they try and slam Zep they have no backing evidence. All they saw is out its not timed properly or jimmy is lazy on the guitar... LAZY?!?! A) back then thoese Pauls weight about 10000 pounds and he played it low we still made it back and forth and doing his moves hes not lazy in any aspect. and nor is the rest of the band. B) ZEPPELIN USES JAZZ IN THIER MUSIC. people seem to think that jazz has to be a purist deal but fuck that...is the world was like that JEFF Beck wouldnt be famous.... uhh what did he create fusion which is jazz mixed... go jam with clapton or something if you want that type of gig man. They played from the heart and soul and thats what their music should be classified as Heart and soul music. as each member gave 110% each time and they did it enough to change up their songs a little each venue. What other band does that so offen? no one! its the presence and amibance combined with everything zep has to offer being Talent, sweat and tears.

for a jazz dude to say Paul is more complex then Zep.... i stand speachless isnt paul the one who made the 4 chord rock songs popular? Last time i checked zeppelin usues more then 4 chords on every fucking song... how is paul more complex i still dont understand.

id even go as far to say that Zep were way better song writters then paul or lennon ne ways. AND THE BEATTLE LOOKED UP TO ZEP!!! REMEMBER THAT

This guy is a jerk.. Doesn't Rock and Roll deserve reviewers that like the music from the start, not jazz heads looking for a couple of bucks per word because they got stiffed in the coffee house last night. Any review of the current Led Zep has to first respect the older version and take it from there. If you think the BBC sessions suck how could you review O2? Sorry jerkoff but Zep doesn't play "My favorite things." The worst thing about Jazz is the pompus people that play it and think they're better than anyone else. Truth is much of Jazz today is people playing like monkeys with no idea of what true impro really is. Jazz artists today release the same old tired tunes over and over. Zappa said it best.."Jazz doesn't stink it just smells funny."

"I was struck, in particular, by ``Lady Madonna'' and how gracefully ``Sunday morning creeping like a nun'' rhymes with ``See how they run.''

My, how profound Sir Paul can be...

I've always loved the Beatles, but the purity of Zeppelin will blow away Sir Paul's attempts at music every time. Sir Paul without John is a joke and a nothing, IMO.

This guy obviously has no soul.

It's not Paul's fault this guy is a jazz jerk. No one is John but Paul rocked the Super Bowl a couple of years back and he has earned some respect.

It's not Paul's fault this guy is a jazz jerk. No one is John but Paul rocked the Super Bowl a couple of years back and he has earned some respect.

No it isn't his fault by any means. I've seen Paul and watched him rock the Astrodome. :)

I just don't see the point in this guy talking about the "complexity" of Lady Madonna, whether musically or lyrically, when he refuses to appreciate the genius of Zeppelin.

I just can't respect Paul-he writes too much sweet pop get-on-the-radio type music. My opinion, however humble. All I meant was that John and Paul together were much greater than the sum of their parts.

Peace

Archived