No Quarter

My favorite is from Days Confused March 6, 1975. 26 minutes long, with a nice section of keys by JPJ. The keys are beautiful.

That's another great version, though I fely Jimmy was a bit flat. The NQ from San Diego 3-14-75 (Conspiracy Theory) is my favorite of all the 1975 versions. Fantastic jam!!

Buffalo War Memorial 7/15/73. Anybody ever listen to No Quarter from this show?

There were problems with Plants vocals but the band was so fucking brilliant it was scary.

I've never heard NQ played quite like this, they really let it go to a different place.

Oh yeah, pay special attention to Bonham, unbelievalble!!!

I'm not saying it's the best version, but its probably my favorite, check it out.

Buffalo War Memorial 7/15/73. Anybody ever listen to No Quarter from this show?

There were problems with Plants vocals but the band was so fucking brilliant it was scary.

I've never heard NQ played quite like this, they really let it go to a different place.

Oh yeah, pay special attention to Bonham, unbelievalble!!!

I'm not saying it's the best version, but its probably my favorite, check it out.

I have that, and it IS one of the better 1973 version. Very similar to Seattle that year. Very moody.

6-23-77. That's by far my favorite, love the long jam. And Jimmy's flawless on this, as is the whole band.

Runner-ups? Knebworth 8-4-79, and also Copenhagen 7-24-79. Magnificent, both of them.

Would definitely have to agree with you on that version. It's my personal fav too. I also like the version from Cleveland on that tour. The non-Destroyer recording. Is it the 28th of April? The better show of the two nights. The version of "Nutrocker" they did was excellent as was the jam that followed. Just love the '77 versions with those blues jams.

The Salt Lake City, Utah show on May 26th 1973 has an excellent No Quarter. The whole show is quite interesting with Plant and Jones doing an impromptu version of "Georgia On My Mind" because Page has broke a string. Unfortunately "Rain Song" is not so good as Page's guitar is badly out of tune, but the stunning version of Dazed and Confused more than makes up for it.

That's another great version, though I fely Jimmy was a bit flat. The NQ from San Diego 3-14-75 (Conspiracy Theory) is my favorite of all the 1975 versions. Fantastic jam!!

I am listening to 3-14-75 right now.....lol

I can not name a favorite right at this time, it's just to hard. every single NO Quarter mentioned in this thread is great. I do love the 77 versions probably the most though. and the earlier 75 versions. call me crazy. but I enjoy them. like: Vancouver/NYC/Seattle. Plant had called it a "Wintery Number" durring one show and you do get that sense durring the 75 tour.... inc.earls court.

I know, this post makes absolutely no sense at all.....man do I need to get back to work!

This leg of the '75 tour (Vancouver/Seattle/LA) is right there with the end of the first leg of the '73 US tour (Salt Lake/San Diego/LA/San Fran/LA) as one of my favorites for bootlegs in terms of quality of recordings and performances of the shows available.

Earl's Court, May 24 I believe. In the early 90's I bought a vinyl bootleg at a local shop that had part of the concert. Since it was a single record, I believe it only had Dazed & Confused, No Quarter, Trampled Underfoot, and Tangerine. But I recorded it to a cassette and listened to it in my car constantly. Jimmy was on fire in that version of NQ.

I have the May 24th DVD (Heavy Metal Kids) and it's probably my favourite version of No Quarter. Bonzo and Pagey's solos on Moby Dick and Dazed and Confused are also incredible.

5-24-75 is the date you're most likely thinking of. That IS a great version.

Fades out in the middle? Are you talking about the Dragonfly vinyl version of Badgeholders? I've got that one. I was sure glad to get it on CD, where there's no cuts. (Sgt. Page's Badgeholders, the best cd version by far. The rest are hit and miss. Too many cuts.)

Agree with the 24 May version, but the others from Earls Court are also pretty good, I'm quite fond of the version on the California Sunset CD as well.

Andy

Earl's Court, May 24 I believe. In the early 90's I bought a vinyl bootleg at a local shop that had part of the concert. Since it was a single record, I believe it only had Dazed & Confused, No Quarter, Trampled Underfoot, and Tangerine. But I recorded it to a cassette and listened to it in my car constantly. Jimmy was on fire in that version of NQ.

I used to have this as well, from memory (it was a long time ago) this album was called No Quarter, still have it on cassette somewhere.

Andy

I think the "hardest" version of NQ is from May, 26th 1977 Landover and June, 27th 1977 LA (anyway one of the best ZEP gigs!!). Heavy Guitarriffs at the last part. Jimmy plays "a little bit left from the heaven".

What city was 1975-3-14. what i have in my book was nothing there was a concert 3/12 and 3/17. and/ or what bootleg

1975-03-14 - San Diego - Soundboard Tape - "Conspiracy Theory" by Eeel Grass

A pristine soundboard tape with a No Quarter so unique, that Jonesy never played something like that (at least comparing with all NQ recordings available)

My favorite live NQ's:

2/14/75 Nassau Coliseum, NY

3/21/75 Seattle, WA

3/27/75 Inglewood, CA

5/24/75 Earls Court, London

5/25/75 Earls Court, London

6/11/77 Madison Square Garden, NYC

6/23/77 Inglewood, CA

Im sure Im forgetting some...

1975-03-14 - San Diego - Soundboard Tape - "Conspiracy Theory" by Eel Grass

A pristine soundboard tape with a No Quarter so unique, that Jonesy never played something like that (at least comparing with all NQ recordings available)

What a version that is!! In my opinion the best of 1975. And in perfect quality, no less. :D

1975-03-14 - San Diego - Soundboard Tape - "Conspiracy Theory" by Eeel Grass

I have to made a correction... Conspiracy Theory was not released by Eeel Grass, but by Empress Valley.

I have to made a correction... Conspiracy Theory was not released by Eeel Grass, but by Empress Valley.

I need to correct your correction. It was released by BOTH. I have the Eelgrass discs. They are both silver disc sets in equal quality. But the Eelgrass version is a lot more reasonable.

Archived