The Janis Joplin Thread

lzfan715

• 1 month later...
THE JANIS PHOTO SQUARES LOVE TO HATE!! :):):)

JANISANDBANDBEDIN.jpg

It's easy to forget that, when photos similar that were first released, they caused such a stir. I imagine that, in some circles, they still do.

They love to hate the pin up one too. They are just pictures, I don't really see them as a big deal.

I agree with you but people who didn't care for (in some cases even despised) rockers and their fans didn't see it that way.

I can see with the Miley Cirus thing, since she's 15. Big Brother and the holding Company was not full of 15 year olds. You can't see anything that bad. I will say that the story behind that photo shoot is really funny.

I say the more the squares and RELIGIOUS fanatics (and there are lots of them out there ESPECIALLY among the young people!! ) hate this type of thing, the more rock singers and their fans.....ME INCLD. .........WILL S**T IN THEIR FACES!! :):):)

rOBERT.

Edited by dragster

It doesn't bother me that people that I go to church with look down on me. I know that they do, I'm going to continue being who I am. Just as the rest of that generation should, no matter what anyone says.

Who even uses the term "squares" anymore? Well, besides Huey Lewis and Dragster.

As for the Miley Virus thing it was nothing more than a publicity stunt to drum up interest in her post Hannah Montana image. It was just as orchestrated as Janet Jackson's so-called "wardrobe malfunction" at the Super Bore several years ago.

Who even uses the term "squares" anymore? Well, besides Huey Lewis and Dragster.

As for the Miley Virus thing it was nothing more than a publicity stunt to drum up interest in her post Hannah Montana image. It was just as orchestrated as Janet Jackson's so-called "wardrobe malfunction" at the Super Bore several years ago.

:D:D:D:D Hey thanx for comparing me with Huey...I suppose some terms stick with me a lot.....I just love the sound of that term....it tells it like it is!! m:):)

Oh I know it was orchestrated.....aren't most of the things in showbiz??! :):):)......that doesn't make them less of an impact on peeps' minds though! B)B)

Rob

I'm almost 15, and even if I was famous I wouldn't do something like that. It's different with the Cheap Thrills, they were older and the times were different.

Are you referring to the folks in the photo above? If so, I thought they were Big Brother and the Holding Company and that Cheap Thrills was the name of one of their records.

bigbrother-lostH.jpg

Description

Big Brother occupies a significant place in the history of San Francisco psychedelic rock, as one of the bands that best captured the era`s loosest, reckless, and indulgent qualities in its high-energy mutations of blues and folk-rock. Big Brother are primarily remembered as the group that gave Janis Joplin her start, but that is not the whole story. There are not many Big Brother gigs featuring Janis on tape. The music on Disc 2 has been released in various forms by less than reputable record labels, although it is presented here in its first official release. Disc 1 is the Holy Grail for Big Brother fans. 12 unreleased tracks presented here for the first time, recently discovered by the surviving members of Big Brother. Not only is the sound pristine, the performances show remarkable maturity for a group developing their trademark sound at hyperspeed. Back in '66 right after Janis joined the band, Big Brother & The Holding Company were habitually blowing people`s minds; each and every time they performed in front of an audience.

i'd dig up the re-release of 'big brother & the holding company featuring janis joplin' on columbia/legacy cr66425: 'bye, bye baby', 'call on me', 'down on me' and plenty more. reissue has 4 bonus tracks.

check it out (for cheap thrills)

Edited by beatbo

bigbrother-lostH.jpg

Description

Big Brother occupies a significant place in the history of San Francisco psychedelic rock, as one of the bands that best captured the era`s loosest, reckless, and indulgent qualities in its high-energy mutations of blues and folk-rock. Big Brother are primarily remembered as the group that gave Janis Joplin her start, but that is not the whole story. There are not many Big Brother gigs featuring Janis on tape. The music on Disc 2 has been released in various forms by less than reputable record labels, although it is presented here in its first official release. Disc 1 is the Holy Grail for Big Brother fans. 12 unreleased tracks presented here for the first time, recently discovered by the surviving members of Big Brother. Not only is the sound pristine, the performances show remarkable maturity for a group developing their trademark sound at hyperspeed. Back in '66 right after Janis joined the band, Big Brother & The Holding Company were habitually blowing people`s minds; each and every time they performed in front of an audience.

Man oh man......I can't wait toget it thru the mail.....my last JJ album I got was Box of Pearls.....bloody FUNtastic stuff!!! :)

I saw that at the Janis Joplin forum. I have to get a copy.

And beatbo, check ebay, I got a first pressing for $9.

:) Say, are you by any cHance one of the young(er) 'uns on the JJ forum?? I'm OZ there...if you're not part of that BIG, HUMANE family yet....you should be :):).

JANIS RULZZZZZZZZZZZ :):)

"EITHER YOU'RE ON THE BUS OR YOU AIN'T!"

JaniArtVan1.jpg

Edited by dragster

:) Say, are you by any cHance one of the young(er) 'uns on the JJ forum?? I'm OZ there...if you're not part of that BIG, HUMANE family yet....you should be :):).

JANIS RULZZZZZZZZZZZ :):)

"EITHER YOU'RE ON THE BUS OR YOU AIN'T!"

JaniArtVan1.jpg

I'm janisfan715. I talk to you sometimes there, I never made the connection!! I'm the one that talks about hating high school sometimes and about relating to Janis.

I love the Janis forum. Everyone there is equal, post count means nothing, but there is still respect. Everyone is so nice.

I'm janisfan715. I talk to you sometimes there, I never made the connection!! I'm the one that talks about hating high school sometimes and about relating to Janis.

I love the Janis forum. Everyone there is equal, post count means nothing, but there is still respect. Everyone is so nice.

I thought you 'sounded' familiar :):). See, us JJ fans are everywhere!!! :)

KEEP THE JANIS LEGACY ALIVE :)

Rob

I think that Janis had such tremendous potential. Just a shame her life ended so abruptly. The sky would have been the limit for her. I dont feel the same way for Morrison I must say. Joplin had one of those rare great blues type voices that who knows what she could have done. She should have sang for Hendrix. Hell, god only knows what Jimmi would have done too, but the man had no voice, lets face it. With him on guitar and Janis singing, you would have had something great.

Well, to say Jimi had no voice is like swearing, but yeaah, Janis on vocals and Jimi on guitar would have been AWESOME!!! :)