lzfan715

Little Girl Blue

Sit there, hmm, count your fingers.

What else, what else is there to do ?

Oh and I know how you feel,

I know you feel that you're through.

Oh wah wah ah sit there, hmm, count,

Ah, count your little fingers,

My unhappy oh little girl, little girl blue, yeah.

Oh sit there, oh count those raindrops

Oh, feel 'em falling down, oh honey all around you.

Honey don't you know it's time,

I feel it's time,

Somebody told you 'cause you got to know

That all you ever gonna have to count on

Or gonna wanna lean on

It's gonna feel just like those raindrops do

When they're falling down, honey, all around you.

Oh, I know you're unhappy.

Oh sit there, ah go on, go on

And count your fingers.

I don't know what else, what else

Honey have you got to do.

And I know how you feel,

And I know you ain't got no reason to go on

And I know you feel that you must be through.

Oh honey, go on and sit right back down,

I want you to count, oh count your fingers,

Ah my unhappy, my unlucky

And my little, oh, girl blue.

I know you're unhappy,

Ooh ah, honey I know,

Baby I know just how you feel

I hate being broke all the time. I'm saving up to get Box of Pearls. It's $50.

I guess you already know, but this is all her studio albums (re-mastered) plus one disc which is kind of a "cream of the crop" version of the box set i mentioned in my earlier post...And maybe a few outtakes which aren't part of the afforementioned box...(I think) it's been awhile since i listened to the "bonus" disc, though...

I found the perfect car, looks brand new. One flaw I don't like the thing on top of it. Here is the link: Click Can I take that thing off?

What kind of car did Janis have? It was a Porsche but I don't remember what kind.

i wrecked so many bugs , i could be rich if i garage kept them and sold them now.

I wondered how long it would be for Alicia to make a Janis Joplin thread. Well done....great idea. :thumbsup: She was one fine lady.

You knew it wouldn't be forever. I had thought about it for a long time, so since her birthday is tomorrow I thought why not. the worst that can happen is that no one would reply.

You knew it wouldn't be forever. I had thought about it for a long time, so since her birthday is tomorrow I thought why not. the worst that can happen is that no one would reply.

You knew I would reply.

I guess I did now that. You should have kept those cars. I found a perfect one. Car Only one patch of missing paint which can be easily fixed. I really want a micro bus too but I can't afford the gas. I imagine that a bug will be bad on gas already.

SFL, I'm really after all of the bonus stuff. I have Me and Bobby McGee Demo Version, and I think it sounds just as good if not better than the album cut.

I don't have a real job. Not old enough. I really want a vintage Volkswagon Bug. I have no idea how much it will cost me but that is like a dream car. Unless someone wants to hook me up with Janis's hippiemobile.

:D

First car I ever drove was a '66 Bug ! Our course it was the parents, but they let me drive it when we went to the beach in Hawaii. Surfboard on top away we went !!!! Everyone has Bugs in Hawaii in the early 70s....

Well...

I love Janis...Her performance at the Monterey Pop Fest in '67 just blew everyone away. In the movie they zoom in on Mama Cass a bunch during Janis's show and she's in mesmerized awe ! Really a great moment...

The first summer I lived in Newport RI, she played the Folk Fest....I wasn't able to go...but we could hear it from our house ! The field was about 1/2 mile away ....Honesty, I don't remember HER set...but you couldn't escape the sound..it was pretty loud...I didn't know who she was then anyway...it was 1968.

Here's a photo or three from that show....got the boot too !

FFN680727-01-31A-FP.jpgFFN680727-01-34A-FP.jpg

FFN680727-01-33-FP.jpg

I only have her 'essential' collection and 3 bootlegs by her...but they're good ones ! :D

Janis Joplin 7/27/68 Newport, RI...SDB 7.75-8.0

Janis Joplin Tex.Pop Fest 8/30/69 SDB 8.75-9.0

Janis Joplin 7/6/70 Honolulu SDB 8.5 from Vinyl

I see you get photos from Wolfgang's Vault to Alicia.....it's a great site ehh ?

Sorry, if I don't reply to someone's post. I'm trying to talk to everyone.

Richard, I favorited the link and will watch as soon as I get a chance.

Joelmon(I forget your name, sorry. Not good with them) I love wolfgang's vault. After box of pearls I'm getting a Zep ticket there.

SFL, I'm really after all of the bonus stuff. I have Me and Bobby McGee Demo Version, and I think it sounds just as good if not better than the album cut.

I used to have this biography video called "Janis" and it had a lot of live performances, Dick Cavett show, etc...this movie was good because it actually showed the entire performances, not just little snippets of songs. I recorded it to cassette (the audio) from playing the vhs...so i had my own "soundtrack album" -just edited out the interviews, recorded all the concert and studio tracks...one of the studio cuts is "Summertime", done live in the studio (while the camera rolls...) excellent!

Oh yeah, if you haven't seen it, it starts out with "Mercedes Benz" playing in the backround while the camera pans around her car...yeah, the psycedelic Porshe that supposedly was hand painted...I wonder if they have this on DVD?

Nothing like feeling stupid. Joel, that is so obvious. It's okay because I get told I'm Master of Obvious. Though that doesn't apply here.

The car was handpainted. I haven't seen Janis (the film) yet. I have to find it first. I love the Dick Cavett interviews, they're really funny. I love when she gets him to model how he skies. And the part about her high school reunion because I totally know how she feels.

Nevermind.

I have a blue one that's tye dye and it has a big disc on it that has her pictures in it and it has her signature across the front and then on the back. My other one it brown and it has a picture from the Pearl album photo session in blue and it says Janis Joplin across the top.

Edited by lzfan715

Nothing like feeling stupid. Joel, that is so obvious. It's okay because I get told I'm Master of Obvious. Though that doesn't apply here.

The car was handpainted. I haven't seen Janis (the film) yet. I have to find it first. I love the Dick Cavett interviews, they're really funny. I love when she gets him to model how he skies. And the part about her high school reunion because I totally know how she feels.

right, that's the one...I remember her on Dick Cavett, the part where he asks her if she was popular in school and she relates to him how she was basically laughed out of Port Arthur (high school)...and then she mentions her reunion and how she's "goin' back"! This actually gets a laugh/cheer from the audience...it was one of those "You Go, Girl!" moments!!!

Also, read a biography of hers (or two) awhile back. Did you know that Dick Cavett was apparently infautated with Janis and actually asked her out...and they did go out at least once, I believe...