The Janis Joplin Thread

lzfan715

Nothing like feeling stupid. Joel, that is so obvious. It's okay because I get told I'm Master of Obvious. Though that doesn't apply here.

The car was handpainted. I haven't seen Janis (the film) yet. I have to find it first. I love the Dick Cavett interviews, they're really funny. I love when she gets him to model how he skies. And the part about her high school reunion because I totally know how she feels.

right, that's the one...I remember her on Dick Cavett, the part where he asks her if she was popular in school and she relates to him how she was basically laughed out of Port Arthur (high school)...and then she mentions her reunion and how she's "goin' back"! This actually gets a laugh/cheer from the audience...it was one of those "You Go, Girl!" moments!!!

Also, read a biography of hers (or two) awhile back. Did you know that Dick Cavett was apparently infautated with Janis and actually asked her out...and they did go out at least once, I believe...

Janis was very cool. Love her singing. there is tons of footage of her on Youtube right now. if you haven't seen "festival express". buy it or rent it. She steals the whole movie.

Her brother says her record company are not willing to put any money into promoting her and releasing stuff like is done for Hendrix and Morrison. It's too bad. She has been neglected.

Janis was very cool. Love her singing. there is tons of footage of her on Youtube right now. if you haven't seen "festival express". buy it or rent it. She steals the whole movie.

Her brother says her record company are not willing to put any money into promoting her and releasing stuff like is done for Hendrix and Morrison. It's too bad. She has been neglected.

Yeah, I have a really crappy copy someone burned for me. Three or four of the performances from this tour are on that movie "Janis" that I was referring to in an earlier post. I had that on VHS in the late eighties/early nineties...might even still have it. 'Course, love to get that on dvd. If it is on dvd, crap, it's probably like, 15 bucks.

And that's a real shame about her legacy not being guarded...Bright Midnight and Dagger records have been a godsend -an alternative for the hardcore fans.

i'm a fan. she had just as much talent as soul. the opposite is true of those whos names

i wont mention with hers. i like summertime, ball and chain, move over, all is loneliness

and others..

Did you know that Dick Cavett was apparently infautated with Janis and actually asked her out...and they did go out at least once, I believe...

no. too bad he didn't care for her instead. i do recall him saying something to the effect that he knew she was heading towards that day, and she was in a mess, and was in need but he couldn't say the words i care.

Sorry. I think Mick Jaggar's lips get in the way of his singing.

No, that's mean. I just never really got into the Rolling Stones. Now they're just guys that tour in hopes of reliving the old days. It will never happen.

Sorry. I think Mick Jaggar's lips get in the way of his singing.

No, that's mean. I just never really got into the Rolling Stones. Now they're just guys that tour in hopes of reliving the old days. It will never happen.

NOooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!

They aided in his singing !!!!!!! :D

jagger.jpg

It was the skimpy outfits that made his voice high ! :rolleyes:

no. too bad he didn't care for her instead. i do recall him saying something to the effect that he knew she was heading towards that day, and she was in a mess, and was in need but he couldn't say the words i care.

I think they actually went out on a date once. I guess Dick realized he was in way over his head with her...he probably got drank under the table on the first date! Dick Cavett actually is a super intelligent, gifted individual...just not in the same league w/Janis.