fav. band/artist after led zep? and why.

boogie

Wish they had more material ?? isn't 18 studio albums enough ?? lol

MK I

Shades of Deep Purple, September 1968 (UK)

The Book of Taliesyn, December 1968 (US), July 1969 (UK)

Deep Purple, June 1969 (US), November 1969 (UK)

Mk IIa

Deep Purple in Rock, June 1970 (UK)

Fireball, May 1971 (US), September 1971 (UK)

Machine Head, March 1972 (UK)

Who Do We Think We Are, February 1973 (UK)

Mk III

Burn, February 1974 (UK)

Stormbringer, December 1974 (UK)

Mk IV

Come Taste the Band, October 1975 (UK)

Mk IIb

Perfect Strangers, October 1984 (UK)

The House of Blue Light, January 1987 (UK)

Mk V Slaves & Masters, October 1990 (UK)

Mk IIc The Battle Rages on..., July 1993 (UK)

Mk VI None recorded ,just live !!!!

Mk VII

Purpendicular, February 1996 (UK)

Abandon, May 1998 (UK)

Mk VIII

Bananas, August 2003 (Europe)

Rapture of the Deep 2005

your right machine head is one of the best as good as zeps albums

My major obsessions have been....

Jethro Tull, The Dictators, Nick Lowe, Leon Russell, The Who, Harry Nillson, a woman who lives two doors down from me, The Ramones, Badfinger, The Beatles(plus individual), The Kinks and last but definately not least, Bruce Springsteen from my home state of New Jersey.

Minor obsessions.....

The James Gang, Deep Purple, Rolling Stones, Dead Boys, Steppenwolf.

I'd have to insert Led Zeppelin somewhere in the minor obsessions list. I bought and own the untitled 4th on vinyl and Zeppelin II was given to my years ago by a friend getting rid of his vinyl. My only CD is the recently purchased Mothership and I am quite enjoying it, particularly CD #2.

Recent interests.....

Tin Pan Alley music.

Well I would strongly suggest you do some catching up on Led Zeppelins material. They are the best damn band that ever walked this planet and why would you spend so much time on their website if you were not a huge fan?

It appears I'm not the only one. I like coming here to talk music. I'd rather not discuss the reasons why Zeppelin is not high on my list. I've been watching TSRTS on TV the last few nights and I'm not totally overwhelmed. I will say the non-concert footage is damn pathetic. I saw them the first of those nights at MSG, July 27, 1973.

Well I would strongly suggest you do some catching up on Led Zeppelins material. They are the best damn band that ever walked this planet and why would you spend so much time on their website if you were not a huge fan? I dont get that one.

Where is written that someone has to consider Led Zeppelin their favorite artist to post here, not to mention this is the Other Bands / Music section. I belong to several music related boards and e-mail lists but none are devoted to my favorite band, The Beatles.

My favourite Rock genre its 70s Hard Rock, but not all my favourite bands are from that time or genre.

So after Led Zeppelin i love like:

Uriah Heep

Queen

The Clash

Deep Purple

Black Sabbath

Beatles

Wolfmother

The White Stripes

The Offspring

Aina

Rhapsody of Fire

Stratovarius

Gorillaz

Manu Chao

Pink Floyd

U2

I know the thread did not ask "before" but, so short of a list for me: Late bloomer that I was (didn't, uh, "sprout" 'til I was 14) everything was top 40 until I was 13 when I discovered a double Beatles compilation ('ya know, the one where you are looking up at them looking down from above...) and from there my mind began to disengage from the pop, realizing that there was more out there than a 3 minute single--though they certainly had their share of those. They opened the realm of possibility...

But AFTER (or during, I would say) my favorite bands:

JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE (and beyond...)

The Doors

CREAM

JANIS

STEVIE RAY VAUGHN

ALLMAN BROTHERS

PINK FLOYD

edited to add U2, pre-1996 only please...

Archived