Good cover songs

BigBadZep

• 2 weeks later...

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts covering the Replacements. This was shot at Downtown Live in Raleigh, North Carolina back in 2009. I was there but it was so crowded it was all I could do to even catch a glimpse of Joan. It sure sounded good though. I think she and the Blackhearts played all of 30 minutes but I can't really complain as the concert was free.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Willie & Lukas vid is awesome Jahfin! I've seen Lukas live, he kicks a lot of ass.

I've yet to see him live but I've heard nothing but good things. I really enjoyed his performance on Letterman recently with his band The Promise of the Real. And people say rock n' roll is dead? Bullfuckingshit. It's as though some people prefer to live with their heads under a rock and their fingers crammed in their ears. I'm just glad I'm not one of them.

http://youtu.be/gM0dNzD3wVU

Edited by Jahfin

Totally agree man. Critics and pop acts hold no knowledge of what real music is, you ought to know that.

I wasn't referring to them, I was referring to some of our fellow board members. On other boards I belong to that aren't devoted to a band that ceased to exist in 1980, their outlook on current music isn't nearly as glum and you don't encounter so many that are forever resigned to the past. In fact, those type of viewpoints are pretty much nonexistent on those boards.

Jahfin if that is your opinion of people on this forum why don't you get the fuck off it and go onto your other boards, anyway the only good thing I have seen of yours on this forum is Johnny Cash on your avatar. Erm excuse me isn't he deceased as well.

I'm very guilty of keeping my head under rocks with my fingers in my ears, but enjoy having Jahfin here. Not insulted one bit. I think people confuse what is often on the radio or heard out in the streets with what he is touting as good current music.

I'm very guilty of keeping my head under rocks with my fingers in my ears, but enjoy having Jahfin here. Not insulted one bit. I think people confuse what is often on the radio or heard out in the streets with what he is touting as good current music.

Thanks. Like I've said many times, I moved to the Triangle area of NC specifically for the music. This area of the state has a long history of producing original music and not just rock n' roll. The clubs, press and radio stations here are all very supportive of a wide variety of music. It is so deep that I often time have a hard time keeping track of it all. There is also a lot of variety outside of this area when it comes to music. If one doesn't have any desire to embark on the journey of discovery of new music then it's obvious they're not going to find anything. I've just always been curious about those that suddenly lose that desire somewhere along the way. Since I was just a little kid I have always been into music and my interest hasn't waned any as I've grown older.