Photos !

Joelmon

THESE PHOTOS SHOULD COME UP OK ..

taizifirstsun.jpg

In the Meili Snow Mountain Range, the Meili Xueshan ~~ The highest peak , at 6,740-metres is Kawagebo. Though attempts have been made through the years, Kawagebo's Summit has yet to be sucessfully reached by any climbers.

airport.jpg

The Zhongdian (Zhongxin) Airport, re-named the Shangri-La Airport in Yunnan (Sheng) Province, China.

Not far from 28N 100E. Not far from Burma (Myanmar) border.

:):D

well I was flipping through a book about the history of Jaffa road in Jerusalem and saw this pic....I'm such a fan girl that I just made the obvious connection.

zeppelin.jpg

The Graf Zeppelin over Jerusalem (you can see the tower of David just below it) April 11th, 1931.

won't it make a lovely album cover for their live concert in the holy land (yeah right...in my wet dreams maybe).

well I was flipping through a book about the history of Jaffa road in Jerusalem and saw this pic....I'm such a fan girl that I just made the obvious connection.

The Graf Zeppelin over Jerusalem (you can see the tower of David just below it) April 11th, 1931.

won't it make a lovely album cover for their live concert in the holy land (yeah right...in my wet dreams maybe).

That would make a cool cover. It must be tough living over there. :mellow:

THESE PHOTOS SHOULD COME UP OK ..

taizifirstsun.jpg

In the Meili Snow Mountain Range, the Meili Xueshan ~~ The highest peak , at 6,740-metres is Kawagebo. Though attempts have been made through the years, Kawagebo's Summit has yet to be sucessfully reached by any climbers.

airport.jpg

The Zhongdian (Zhongxin) Airport, re-named the Shangri-La Airport in Yunnan (Sheng) Province, China.

Not far from 28N 100E. Not far from Burma (Myanmar) border.

:):D

Visited that area a couple of years ago, didnt get as far north as Kawa Karpo but Leaping Tiger Gogre between Lijiang and Zhongdian/Shangri-La(still got the tags on my bag :D) was pretty spectacular....

China2005648.jpg

Visited that area a couple of years ago, didnt get as far north as Kawa Karpo but Leaping Tiger Gogre between Lijiang and Zhongdian/Shangri-La(still got the tags on my bag :D) was pretty spectacular....

China2005648.jpg

I believe that I would stay in the valleys, rather than ever trekking tot he top of any snow-capped mountain!!

I believe that I would stay in the valleys, rather than ever trekking tot he top of any snow-capped mountain!!

I have to disagree on that point. After a ski-lift ride 90% up, my bud and I hiked up here in our skiboots nontheless and it was fantastic ! :D 13,000 feet up along the Ten Mile Range above Breckenridge, Colorado.

IMG_2051.jpg

I have to disagree on that point. After a ski-lift ride 90% up, my bud and I hiked up here in our skiboots nontheless and it was fantastic ! :D 13,000 feet up along the Ten Mile Range above Breckenridge, Colorado.

IMG_2051.jpg

Oh.... I could go for that kind of trek Joelmon ! :)

I got my first skiing lessons at Breckenridge !

Oh.... I could go for that kind of trek Joelmon ! :)

I got my first skiing lessons at Breckenridge !

Well Breckenridge is fun....but can't hold a candle to Alta....

The last couple of days...after a 'mere' 478 inches of snow so far ! :lol:

021908.jpg

This second pic doesn't really show the steep grade this couloir is. The photo is 'flattened out' since the camera is pointing up the chute.

021808.jpg

This is a closet in the hall in my dorm.

I want to pull that rope!!!!

Hahaha, that reminds me of a story my uncle told me once. He was working at a coffee packaging plant as a machinery technician. One day he was training a new apprentice on one of the box folders. He was showing the trainee the inspection hole where you would look through to see if the folding mechanism was working properly. He told him "Don't ever stick your finger in that hole while the equipment was running!" My uncle turned around to grab a tool or something and he heard the guy scream! That idiot stuck his finger in there and it was chopped off! :lol:

They never found the finger. :coffee: :'(

Hahaha, that reminds me of a story my uncle told me once. He was working at a coffee packaging plant as a machinery technician. One day he was training a new apprentice on one of the box folders. He was showing the trainee the inspection hole where you would look through to see if the folding mechanism was working properly. He told him "Don't ever stick your finger in that hole while the equipment was running!" My uncle turned around to grab a tool or something and he heard the guy scream! That idiot stuck his finger in there and it was chopped off! :lol:

They never found the finger. :coffee: :'(

One of my printing professors has stories like that. There's something about industrial folders that make people want to do stupid things. We have a buckle folder and people always try and stop the paper shooting through it and get such bad paper cuts they need stitches.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this circuit last summer for charity. It involved a 2 hour drive, and a half hour boat ride followed by a 2 mile walk from the beach to camp in a midge infested swamp just to get anywhere near the bottom (followed by 12 hours of scary stuff the next day).

Once we had unloaded the gear off the boat and it had disapeared into the distance a Spanish friend of mine surveyed the surroundings and uttered the immortal line...

F**K Me its Jurrasic Park........ looking at this picture I can see what he meant!

P1010200.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived