Photos !

Joelmon

That's fine...scenery is great !!! I saw it was Srinigar in the 'properties'..but didn't realize that was Kashmir. Cool ! Thanks.

Post more as you see fit.....I love to look at them. :D

That little village looks so vulnerable next to that river....it wouldn't take anything for it to be washed away....

Very vulnerable. The altitude can easily get to you if you're not used to it. I have a photo on the wall here of a woman carrying a load of something or other with a strap attached to her forehead. I don't think I have it scanned. I will have a look and post it. It's remarkable how the indigenous people have adapted to the high altitude and clamor up and down the hills carrying all sorts of things. I was winded to the point of nausea.

Thanks.

Very vulnerable. The altitude can easily get to you if you're not used to it. I have a photo on the wall here of a woman carrying a load of something or other with a strap attached to her forehead. I don't think I have it scanned. I will have a look and post it. It's remarkable how the indigenous people have adapted to the high altitude and clamor up and down the hills carrying all sorts of things. I was winded to the point of nausea.

Thanks.

Yea...I know even the 'lower lands' up there are extremely high elevation. I've hiked up to near 14,000 feet and thats a trip into delirium !! :wacko:

I felt like superman after coming down to sealevel after living at 8600 feet for a year....

http://bp0.blogger.com/_O0ViYgVw48Q/R3KBFv...3-December-.jpg

©2007

I've spent much of the past week photographing ponies in the New Forest National Park, Hampshire, UK. The image, one of many, was shot on Boxing day morning.

RB

How the hell do you embed an image in a post? I think I had this problem on another site!

Like this....

8fkislw.jpg

Beautiful shot humbucker !!!

OK, Joelmon, spill the beans. I don't usually have this sort of trouble uploading...except when I come here. I'm fully conversant with image re-sizing etc., but it seems I'm at a loss here. Anyway, there's more if I can get it sussed.

RB

OK, Joelmon, spill the beans. I don't usually have this sort of trouble uploading...except when I come here. I'm fully conversant with image re-sizing etc., but it seems I'm at a loss here. Anyway, there's more if I can get it sussed.

RB

I don't know how Joelmon does it but I scan my photos and drop them into photobucket. Then I select the image code option (rather than the http option) and copy and paste into the message. Here is one that I just did:

DalLake.jpg

there's also tinypic.com Humbucker.

You simply click on browse...on their hompage....select the photo from your 'my pictures' on your harddrive....upload...then select their option of image for message boards....making sure its the %7Boption%7D brackets surrounding the url.

You don't have to integrate this prompt here on this site then..it's already embedded. The resizing will be done automatically on this board....

:)

I know I posted these on the old boards, but I had to share again :)

The first is a picture of Tensleep Canyon (Wyoming), along the western side.

The second is from a ridge in the Bighorns, somewhere between Sheridan and Lowell. I couldn't point it out on a map, but I could drive there easily :)

TensleepCanyon.jpg

BighornRidge.jpg

Your pics are really beautiful, Joel. The place looks wonderful.

Well...this one can't be called beautiful....

Cambodja296.jpg

Siem Reap, Cambodia, food market, March 2006

Pay attention to the women sleeping among the meat pieces..... it was 2 pm, it was very, very hot (almost 100 F), the meat was there, in the open, with no coolonig, no fridge....

I was :blink: as I took the pic.

And I feel the same whenever I see the pic.

Cool pic Celia....I wonder how it smelt. I seem to pick up a scent from the photo. :lol:

And no Carrie, I've never hiked in Routt County....is that near Steamboat ?

Here's a pic of Manhattan and the Hudson River from the cliffs on the Jersey side...nighttime....

7326jut.jpg

Whoa !!!!

That carved flint is incredible ! I can only dream of ever finding such an item.

I miss Colorado immensly and my local mini-gorge. I was actually cleaning the area around the pictured pool above thinking I was seeing a shard of glass. When I realized it was a point I leaped for joy. It's the most complete and microscopic I've ever found.

Here's just a few more I found in the gorge too...

IMG_1666sharp.jpg

We had a very colorful summer at 9,000 feet. :)

IMG_1676cactusdownsize.jpg

The Indians loved this place too....Garden of the Gods

791enh.jpg

Joelman,

Is that Zion Canyon by chance in Utah? Anyways, my mom is from Colorado and that is God's country out there. Very cool pics

Joelman,

Is that Zion Canyon by chance in Utah? Anyways, my mom is from Colorado and that is God's country out there. Very cool pics

NO...each of those shots are Colorado......in and around South Park and Garden of the Gods, in Colorado Springs. I lived in Utah for 8 or 9 winters though and have been to Zion. I didn't have a camera then....:(

Cow hooves ? :huh:

Aren't they sacred over there.....kinda look strange. And where's the hashish parlors ? :D

No, not sacred in Morocco but they are in India. There were hash parlors there back then! Down alleys and up stairways. We'd find them via word of mouth. Dark places where we'd sit on the floor on cushions. Then we'd stumble out and into a little couscous joint. Don't know if they exist any more but back in the day that was a great place - Kathmandu was another similar place - no couscous afterwards but brownies and pies! :D

Archived