Photos !

Joelmon

^ great colors !

I wonder how the fish is ? He looks kinda uncomfortable. Is she sellin' it or gettin' ready to eat it ?

Well, she's selling it. It's really sad, the men go out fishing and hit the water with sticks to attract the fish into nets and the women are alloted only a few to sell so you see so many women with only a fish or two in basins waiting to make a sale.

Edited to add: thanks about the colors. Those are the actual colors of their clothes! No photoshopping! I'll post a photo tomorrow of the textile market.

And no Carrie, I've never hiked in Routt County....is that near Steamboat ?

Yes, I believe Steamboat is actually in Routt County, though if it isn't, it's really close. It's close enough to the south and west of where we camp in Wyoming (usually) that we can see the range on the east side of Steamboat Springs very well when we come down the mountains to go into Walden, CO. It looks so similar to your picture... I wish I had a good picture of that range that I could show you.

Thanks! I liked yours too. :) I think marketplaces make for interesting photos.

They certainly do! I always visit marketplaces when I'm on vacations. They help to have an idea of how the locals live.

Exactly! I've never been to Cambodia and would love it if you would post more of your photos.

It will be my pleasure (I'm helpless when it comes to taking and posting pics.... :ph34r: ). But it looks like photobucket is having some problems right now. <_< I'll be back to this thread later then.

I'd love to see more of your pics too, MSG.

Hi Gio! Feliz Ano Novo pr'ôcê tb!

I can't see your pics now, Gio...maybe later when photobuket is working again.

And yes! I know this market. :thumbsup:

It looks like photobucket is working again...

More pics of Siem Reap, Cambodia

At the market

Cambodja297.jpg

Cambodja300.jpg

The official taxi there

Cambodja291.jpg

one street a bit off the beaten track

Cambodja289.jpg

And don't ask me...I have no idea of what is written there

Cambodja290.jpg

I have tons of pics of Ankor Wat...but really, I don't want to turn this thread into a vacation pics thread. :ph34r:

It looks like photobucket is working again...

More pics of Siem Reap, Cambodia

I have tons of pics of Ankor Wat...but really, I don't want to turn this thread into a vacation pics thread. :ph34r:

Those are gorgeous pics! They really give me a sense of the place. Don't feel bad about posting; they are interesting. I'm not in the mood to play around with photobucket tonight so I'll post more tomorrow.

Great shot!

Where was it taken? and when?

If you don't mind me asking. ^_^

Thank you!

It was taken in the Sahel, Africa. It's about ten years old. I used a regular camera and scanned the print. The people are nomadic but they have market outposts in the towns where they go to buy and sell. You can see from the items on the ground that the people salvage and sell just about anything.

Archived