Photos !

Joelmon

Thank you!

It was taken in the Sahel, Africa. It's about ten years old. I used a regular camera and scanned the print. The people are nomadic but they have market outposts in the towns where they go to buy and sell. You can see from the items on the ground that the people salvage and sell just about anything.

Thank you!

It's a great shot, really. I love markets...specially when they are soooooo different from what I'm used to. It might have been a great experience to be there.

Thank you!

It's a great shot, really. I love markets...specially when they are soooooo different from what I'm used to. It might have been a great experience to be there.

Yes, it was fascinating. The music was especially great and we could understand how Robert was captivated and influenced by the music from that part of Africa.

Yes, it was fascinating. The music was especially great and we could understand how Robert was captivated and influenced by the music from that part of Africa.

I bet it was an amazing trip. I am dying to go to there. I've always been fascinated with the culture and I love the music and food.

I have been to the Sahara....but never to the Sahel region. Actually, I have only been to the north of the Magrib. I wish I could go to Mali one day. I'm sure it was a fascinating experience, MSG. Thanks for sharing the pics!

I have been to the Sahara....but never to the Sahel region. Actually, I have only been to the north of the Magrib. I wish I could go to Mali one day. I'm sure it was a fascinating experience, MSG. Thanks for sharing the pics!

You're welcome and yes, it was fascinating. Maybe you'll get to go during the "Festival in the Desert." :D

You're welcome and yes, it was fascinating. Maybe you'll get to go during the "Festival in the Desert." :D

Thank you, MSG. I hope I make it one day...and I can't think of anything better than being there during one Festival in the Desert. :)

I hope you make it one day too, 9!

Since we are talking about markets...

Pisac, Sacred Valley Of The Incas, Peru

Peru023.jpg

Peru024.jpg

Peru025.jpg

Peru031a.jpg

Peru021a.jpg

Go there after the tourism buses have already left the village ;) ....it's a wonderful market.

Thank you, MSG. I hope I make it one day...and I can't think of anything better than being there during one Festival in the Desert. :)

Go there after the tourism buses have already left the village ;) ....it's a wonderful market.

Beautiful! The colors in your photos are fantastic! I am fascinated by the Inca culture and would love to go to Peru. Yes, avoiding the tourists is one goal of all of our trips. :lol:

OT, I have a friend from Peru who lives in the U.S. now. Her dad was German and her mom Peruvian - she's beautiful; looks Peruvian but with a German name - it confuses everyone here. :lol:

Beautiful! The colors in your photos are fantastic! I am fascinated by the Inca culture and would love to go to Peru. Yes, avoiding the tourists is one goal of all of our trips. :lol:

OT, I have a friend from Peru who lives in the U.S. now. Her dad was German and her mom Peruvian - she's beautiful; looks Peruvian but with a German name - it confuses everyone here. :lol:

Thank you, I love to take pics full of colours, and no place is better to find colours than a street market, right? Thank you too, Joel. :)

I hope you make it to Peru too, MSG. I made the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, it was an amazing experience.

I know how it is.... my parents are Portuguese, my husband is German, my kids have German names...people think I look Oriental (even in Asia they asked me if I'm Asian... :blink: ), it's a mess! :lol:

Gorgeous pics as always :D I remember studying about the Incas in school and was so fascinated with their culture. It's very much on my list of places to see.

I too would love to attend the Festival in the Desert some day! So many places to go...

Very nice! I love Central Park. Did you get to see Strawberry Fields when you were there?

Oh goodness yes ! I hung there 4 or 5 times a week, getting to know many upper West Siders...and all the regular crew there...the 'mayor' of Strawberry Fields....who decorated the Lennon memorial daily..and is OK'd by Yoko....

I found it interesting for hours and hours all day...constant flow of people and intimate enough for lots of personal interaction. I don't know a stranger and talk to everyone....:D

I've posted these before..but might as well again...

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0670a.jpg

IMG_0666acrop.jpg

Thank you, I love to take pics full of colours, and no place is better to find colours than a street market, right? Thank you too, Joel. :)

I hope you make it to Peru too, MSG. I made the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, it was an amazing experience.

I know how it is.... my parents are Portuguese, my husband is German, my kids have German names...people think I look Oriental (even in Asia they asked me if I'm Asian... :blink: ), it's a mess! :lol:

That's cool about your family and kids. Our kids are a mix of cultures too - and I really like the blending of different backgrounds. No one can ever figure out my background either. :huh:

Oh goodness yes ! I hung there 4 or 5 times a week, getting to know many upper West Siders...and all the regular crew there...the 'mayor' of Strawberry Fields....who decorated the Lennon memorial daily..and is OK'd by Yoko....

I found it interesting for hours and hours all day...constant flow of people and intimate enough for lots of personal interaction. I don't know a stranger and talk to everyone....:D

Great photos! Aw, I didn't know about the memorial had its own "mayor". That's beautiful that he does that and Yoko OKs it. Central Park is a great place; I visit it every time I'm in NY.

That's cool about your family and kids. Our kids are a mix of cultures too - and I really like the blending of different backgrounds. No one can ever figure out my background either. :huh:

If you don't mind my asking, what is your background?

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0670a.jpg

IMG_0666acrop.jpg

Nice area of central park, great for walking. I reccomend the gathering on oct. 9th, john lennons birthday, a good gathering.

This is a not very good (and badly cropped) photo that we took of Everest out of the cockpit of a small plane. Sagarmatha is the Nepalese name for the mountain, which is on the left, behind the other mountains:

Sagarmatha.jpg

Beautiful!!!

I wanna go there too!!

*sigh*

Thanks for sharing, MSG!

Beautiful!!!

I wanna go there too!!

*sigh*

Thanks for sharing, MSG!

Thank you!

I'm sure you'll make a trip there, brspled. We didn't go to Everest itself but, when we were in Nepal, we took a small charter plane (the kind w/ propellers) that flew into the Himalayas and by Everest. It was only slightly touristy and incredibly breathtaking. We'll never forget it. If you and your husband take a trip to Nepal, do the Everest plane ride. :)

Archived