Photos !

Joelmon

Last night's sunset was one of the most amazing I've seen in a long time. It was a windy evening and there were a lot of lenticular clouds. I was driving home and it took me 20 minutes longer than usual because I kept stopping to take pictures. Luckily I had my camera in the car with me.

Sunset over the Eastern Sierra Nevada:

2452056869_53b753e91c.jpg

2452057209_3246612308.jpg

2452057085_7fdac6d1de.jpg

2452887236_2f2462c546.jpg

niiiiiiice. I don't see the sky where I live :boohoo:

live in nyc, hardly ever get to see stars, sunsets, or anything, buildings blocking everything!

Mrs. Plant, I know what you mean - and NYC is my hometown. It was only after living in LA that I realized how much I had been missing! After I moved back to NYC, for the first time ever, I felt claustrophobic.

Now my husband and I wake up to the sunrise here everyday. The terrain is probably familiar to you :)

easternbalc.jpg

Last night's sunset was one of the most amazing I've seen in a long time. It was a windy evening and there were a lot of lenticular clouds. I was driving home and it took me 20 minutes longer than usual because I kept stopping to take pictures. Luckily I had my camera in the car with me.

Sunset over the Eastern Sierra Nevada:

2452056869_53b753e91c.jpg

2452057209_3246612308.jpg

2452057085_7fdac6d1de.jpg

2452887236_2f2462c546.jpg

Those are beautiful, yes the Eastern Sierra Nevada is almost otherworldly and very beautiful. I cherish every trip along inerstate 395.. That last picture is strangely seductive.

picture026df2.jpg

was randomly roaming around my estate the other week and came across this, thought it was rather interesting to some extent, hence i took a snapshot.

picture026df2.jpg

was randomly roaming around my estate the other week and came across this, thought it was rather interesting to some extent, hence i took a snapshot.

what the heck is that???? and what planet are you from????

uh, it's a bee? and last time i checked the planet, earth.

i just thought it looked cool really, plus i've been experimenting with my new 36mm lens.

Mrs. Plant, I know what you mean - and NYC is my hometown. It was only after living in LA that I realized how much I had been missing! After I moved back to NYC, for the first time ever, I felt claustrophobic.

Now my husband and I wake up to the sunrise here everyday. The terrain is probably familiar to you :)

easternbalc.jpg

That is so beautiful. You need horses, Mad. :) Cool deck, too.

Funny how the longer you're away from cities, the harder they are to take. I can't wait to get home from a city, any more.

Mrs. Plant, do you get out to the country very often?

Those are beautiful, yes the Eastern Sierra Nevada is almost otherworldly and very beautiful. I cherish every trip along inerstate 395.. That last picture is strangely seductive.

I know, I had the same thought at the time... funny how shapes repeat throughout nature. :D

What brings you up (down?) 395?

picture026df2.jpg

That's an awfully big bee, yikes!

I know, I had the same thought at the time... funny how shapes repeat throughout nature. :D

What brings you up (down?) 395?

Mostly its been Mamoth that gets me up there, but also I visit my sister at Lake Tahoe and I enjoy taking the scenic route. Ive also been contemplating a move up near Lone Pine.

Mostly its been Mamoth that gets me up there, but also I visit my sister at Lake Tahoe and I enjoy taking the scenic route. Ive also been contemplating a move up near Lone Pine.

Yeah, it's usually Mammoth that brings folks, God bless 'em. That or fishing.

I love Lone Pine. I'd love to retire out there in the Alabama Hills some day.

This is a great place to live. It takes some adjustement, especially if you're into shopping and first run movies... LOL... but the good far out weighs the bad.

That is so beautiful. You need horses, Mad. :) Cool deck, too.

Funny how the longer you're away from cities, the harder they are to take. I can't wait to get home from a city, any more.

Thanks. My husband doesn't want horses (or other animals) because we are often away on the weekends. Right now, we do have animals on the property but they don't belong to us: a rancher has a grazing lease with us and his cattle graze here:

cattle3.jpg

We love the decks. We often pull a spare futon mattress out to the deck off our bedroom so we can sleep under the stars.

Those are incredible pictures MSG and Sunchild! We have too many tall trees in our backyard to see the sky (unless it's windy). When it rains, the trees catch all the water and the barely gets wet. But, it's still lovely!

Those are incredible pictures MSG and Sunchild! We have too many tall trees in our backyard to see the sky (unless it's windy). When it rains, the trees catch all the water and the barely gets wet. But, it's still lovely!

Thank you, Sunray! Sometimes, I really miss the beautiful east coast trees.

I see a really big saltlick in that field of cattle MadScreamingGallery!

2exskmd.jpg

Saltlick? :lol: Those are rocks and a boulder that my husband arranged. He sets them up all over the place - obelisks, profiles of humans - one standing up looks like the Citicorp building.

And you thought you did too many drugs in the 70's. B)

Saltlick? :lol: Those are rocks and a boulder that my husband arranged. He sets them up all over the place - obelisks, profiles of humans - one standing up looks like the Citicorp building.

And you thought you did too many drugs in the 70's. B)

Was I wrong on both counts? :D

Archived