Photos !

Joelmon

Wow, there's color in Russia! Beautiful sky Inga.

I thought it all looked like this over there.

20.jpg

"1 May Day" 1927

© Boris Ignatovich

Coincidentally, the above photo was taken on May 1 which is today as well. :)

:lol:

where did you find this!?

Thanks. My husband doesn't want horses (or other animals) because we are often away on the weekends. Right now, we do have animals on the property but they don't belong to us: a rancher has a grazing lease with us and his cattle graze here:

cattle3.jpg

We love the decks. We often pull a spare futon mattress out to the deck off our bedroom so we can sleep under the stars.

Longhorns! Cool. :) It's pretty at ground level there, too.

Maybe the cattle guy can take care of the horses on weekends? Just a thought.

But I get it. If we didn't have great neighbors to swap animal-sitting duties with, we'd never go anywhere, either. It looks like your nearest neighbor isn't right around the corner, though.

Ahh... sleeping outside. Sounds wonderful.

sunsets are so beautiful.. :wub:

I took this pic yesterday.

phto0043ug9.jpg

Just lovely. Where is that in Russia?

Those are incredible pictures MSG and Sunchild! We have too many tall trees in our backyard to see the sky (unless it's windy). When it rains, the trees catch all the water and the barely gets wet. But, it's still lovely!

Thanks Sunray!

How about some pictures of your trees? :)

When I travil I like to take pictures of places related to music that most people would not go out of their way to see.

In yr. 2000 I took this picture of the corner stone to Berry Park. (It was shown in the movie Hail, Hail, Rock N Roll).

In 2004 I was there again. I was backed into the drive-way, sitting there, looking at the corner stone, when a car started comming out. I thought that he probably doesn't like people hanging around there so I left. The other car followed me. When we got out on the highway, it pulled up along side me.

It was Chuck! He had a lady in the car with him, who was very aware of my being there, but Chuck just kept right on driving as if I was not there.

I call it, My brush with Chuck.

ChucksPlace.jpg

That's cool! Although the sign looks like a gravestone, freaked me out at first. Glad Chuck is alive and still driving with Maybelline, maybe. :)

Thanks Sunray!

How about some pictures of your trees? :)

They aren't as lovely as the scenes you posted but they'll do!

I took these a couple of weeks ago right before a huge thunderstorm came through. I just went into the yard and pointed the camera up!

stormy.jpg

storm.jpg

Scary how easily these humongous trees bend like toothpicks.

This isn't a fire some place off in the distance. It's the sun setting through the trees in the backyard...and through my window as you can see by the glare of the flash.

sunfire.jpg

Last night's sunset was one of the most amazing I've seen in a long time. It was a windy evening and there were a lot of lenticular clouds. I was driving home and it took me 20 minutes longer than usual because I kept stopping to take pictures. Luckily I had my camera in the car with me.

Sunset over the Eastern Sierra Nevada:

2452056869_53b753e91c.jpg

2452057209_3246612308.jpg

2452057085_7fdac6d1de.jpg

2452887236_2f2462c546.jpg

Those are gorgeous!

They aren't as lovely as the scenes you posted but they'll do!

I took these a couple of weeks ago right before a huge thunderstorm came through. I just went into the yard and pointed the camera up!

stormy.jpg

storm.jpg

Scary how easily these humongous trees bend like toothpicks.

This isn't a fire some place off in the distance. It's the sun setting through the trees in the backyard...and through my window as you can see by the glare of the flash.

sunfire.jpg

The trees are beautiful! And huge!

Vladivostok, it's in the east of Rusia :)

Expansive skies. I looked it up, you aren't far from Japan. Do you get to travel there?

Expansive skies. I looked it up, you aren't far from Japan. Do you get to travel there?

've never been there. (I was only in China lol)

But my parents have already promesed that I'll visit it! :cheer:

:unsure:

then.. I'll better try this:

268831142f66ea276e3oh2.jpg

:D

Hot air balloons fly nearby alot, esp. in the fall during the foliage peak. You can hear that "whoosh" when they go by and are flying low; it's sooo cool! :)

Archived