Photos !

Joelmon

Oh my gosh! Thanks for sharing that.

I read a bit on it, exposure was over 8 hours! Yikes.

And how the shadows must have changed over the day. B)

I've been to Bishop too. Beautiful over there. :)

Longhorns! Cool. :) It's pretty at ground level there, too.

Maybe the cattle guy can take care of the horses on weekends? Just a thought.

But I get it. If we didn't have great neighbors to swap animal-sitting duties with, we'd never go anywhere, either. It looks like your nearest neighbor isn't right around the corner, though.

Ahh... sleeping outside. Sounds wonderful.

Thanks. The land here has its own ambiance. You're right - our nearest neighbor is not right around the corner - he's over the hills (but not far away). :)

Thanks Hotplant! There are some benefits to living out in the hinterlands. And, it's good for my husband's spirit - in his heart, he's an old hippie. :)

:hippy: That's sweet. Cheers to him from another old hippie! :beer:

And how the shadows must have changed over the day.

I've been to Bishop too. Beautiful over there.

Yes, we feel blessed every day. Right now flowers are blooming everywhere, especially the wild irises in the fields. Here's a gorgeous pic from the late, great Galen Rowell (he and his wife tragically died in a plane crash in 2002, not very far from where he took this... very sad):

gr_009.jpg

I'm going out at dawn tommorow to take some pictures of my own. Doubt they'll look anything like this, but I'll share.

Thanks. The land here has its own ambiance. You're right - our nearest neighbor is not right around the corner - he's over the hills (but not far away).

:D

Sunrise here (the eastern glow)

Sunrise with the moon still visible:

Beautiful.

I see you are an early riser. :) Me, too.

Archived