Photos !

Joelmon

thanks al...kinda funny story behind it because i came home with a whole bunch of shots of things i "didn't do" while in london... :D

:lol:

The best photos I brought from my trip to London as I was there for the O2 concert are the pics of the friends I met there. :D:D:D

I had a dream last night that we were in Stonehedge, and as we were taking pictures, Alwizard was in Every one!!! :huh::lol:

Serious though Alwizard, you have one of the most amazing world travel pics I have ever seen. You are so lucky to have seen so much! :thumbsup:

I had a dream last night that we were in Stonehedge, and as we were taking pictures, Alwizard was in Every one!!! :huh::lol:

Serious though Alwizard, you have one of the most amazing world travel pics I have ever seen. You are so lucky to have seen so much! :thumbsup:

Oh there will be more I am far from dead I have lots more places to see.

Here is a few from Capri a little island off the Coast of Italy verry nice have been there three times really love it.

capri8.jpg

capri7.jpg

capri6.jpg

capri5.jpg

Hey -alwizard, awesome photos of that sea funnel.

It is called the Blue Grotto and its neat because the guys with the oars bring the Boat right up to the entrance of the Grotto .The Boat is to big to fit through unless you time it just right as the water reaches its crest or high point they start paddleing really hard and as it reaches its low point they shoot through the larger gap if they dont time it right it would likley suck bad.The water inside is crystal clear.

I love Capri want to go back but there or so many places to see.

Sorry oh well so now you get two explanations instead of one.We here in the Gulf of Mexico call them Water Spouts basically a Tornado/Twister over water most or less powerful than the ones that destroy Buildings on land but I am sure there are some exceptions to that rule.I have been on several Platforms where one would come right over us.Pretty scary but We are on a heavy steel structure so we have came out fine.I believe I have a few more photos that I have taken out in the Gulf during some of these somewhere in My junk I will look when I get Home.

not mine but i just had to share this...a friend of mine who is an amateur photographer and professional cop just sent me one of his latest...

n566304403_501439_1206.jpg

copyright bill marsolek

I love Lighthouses. Great picture Your Friend did a great job.

Picture175.jpg

Picture192.jpg

Poço Encantado - Chapada Diamantina, Brazil. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been to

pooencantado1.jpg

It's a cave and the water inside in crystal blue. When the sunlight shines inside it's just magic.

Poço Encantado - Chapada Diamantina, Brazil. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been to

pooencantado1.jpg

It's a cave and the water inside in crystal blue. When the sunlight shines inside it's just magic.

Now I want to go skinnydipping

I love Lighthouses. Great picture Your Friend did a great job.

Picture175.jpg

Picture192.jpg

Great lighthouse photos! I love lighthouses too; I have a couple of Harbor Lights replicas :) Sort of along those lines, I took this on our way out of Nags Head around 9am on 6/14; this was the smoke from the wild fires in the Dismal Swamp that was drifting over the OBX that week (taken from a moving car, so it was a little wobbly!):

Smokenodate-1.jpg

A fire 5 miles from our house: Fire011-1.jpg

After taking water from ponds closer to the fire, a helicopter arrives here next to take water from our pond. The water is sucked up through the tube hanging from the helicopter:

Fire004.jpg

Although local people refer to it as a lake, we are from the northeast so to us it is just (at least in the summer and during a drought) an algae-covered pond on our southern property line, about 1 mile from our house

Fire007.jpg

After taking water from ponds closer to the fire, a helicopter arrives here next to take water from our pond. The water is sucked up through the tube hanging from the helicopter:

Fire004.jpg

Although local people refer to it as a lake, we are from the northeast so to us it is just (at least in the summer and during a drought) an algae-covered pond on our southern property line, about 1 mile from our house

Fire007.jpg

Cool pictures but Fire can be bad news

Fire004.jpg

Fire007.jpg

Are you in danger ? Those fires constantly change directions

pooencantado1.jpg

I concur alwizard, skinny dippin for sure. did ya get in the water brspled?

flyspringsnevada.jpg

fly spring-geyser in nevada. They say one of these first erupted in 1967. others say early 60's either way, pretty freakin ironic huh? (sexual revolution and all) And these next are of one of the fires burnin up the sierra nevada right now--shout out to our firefighters....god bless and keep yall. And thanks kern county whoever for the pics.

web.jpg

web3.jpg

web7.jpg

Wow, MSG, That is cool they can draw from the pond. Good to have around! Great pics.

Katy, those are scary looking, but the geyser one is FUNNY the way you described it! :lol:

Fires are everywhere right now. And mostly caused by Mother Nature herself, we just had one of those blasted pallet places blow up, leaving gastly air, and making it a red day. Meaning, if you have any breathing problems, they advise staying in. That sucks. :(

Cool pictures but Fire can be bad news

Thanks Al. Fire is bad news. My husband has gotten to know and works closely with the local firefighters. They are well trained, well supported, and have good equipment but when a fire is raging toward you, you have no choice but to evacuate. We calculated that we have about 6 off-road escape routes from here should the regular road become blocked.

Are you in danger ? Those fires constantly change directions

Not from that particular fire - it was put out before it was able to change direction and head this way but, out here, fires always pose a threat. I actually keep our essential papers in a small trunk in the event we have to evacuate.

Wow, MSG, That is cool they can draw from the pond. Good to have around! Great pics.

Thanks, Hotplant. That little pond is a blessing.

• 1 month later...

Archived