Photos !

Joelmon

Yes, and rural England too. It was a pleasant surprise to see how much unspoiled countryside you still have! I loved Wiltshire so much, what a magic place, and went a bit overboard on photographing the vistas of what seemed like endless barley and wheat fields - so beautiful. What is Staffordshire like?

• 2 months later...

Well, I know that sunset is something mundane and it's something which we all witness every single day of our lives, but I just couldn't help but take this photo of the sky during sunset! I live on the 15th floor, so, this is the view I got from my balcony. I found the colour combinations to be rather cute and pretty, to be honest :)

Photo0343.jpg

Hi brspled!!

^^ You always post the best photos. Another great one:-)

Thank you, Deborah! I haven't been much on the board, but every now and then I come here to post a pic, just in case anyone still cares. ;)

Auckland, New Zealand, 2009

NZAUS2009075.jpg

:)

^Wow! Brspled, that photo really made my day!!! :notworthy::thanku:

So cool!!! B)

You're welcome Kiwi! Auckland is a great city, I enjoyed my visit a lot. I hope to come back to NZ one day. :) The firewoks on the Sky Tower looks like a blast. ;)

^Yes! You should definitely come back to Auckland for another visit! :D And yep! That fireworks show was really fun ;)

And BTW, I really really really enjoy seeing your photos on this thread! Your photographic skills are just amazing! :notworthy: Keep up the fantastic work and do post some more awesome photos, at least once in a while, ok? :D

Thank you, Deborah! I haven't been much on the board, but every now and then I come here to post a pic, just in case anyone still cares. ;)

Auckland, New Zealand, 2009

NZAUS2009075.jpg

:)

That's a great photo, Auckland looks like a stunnig city. Although looking up at the Sky Tower like that gives me vertigo! :blink:

Also I loved your picture of the firework display, Kiwi! :D

A photo I took of Kenilworth Castle in Warwickshire. In front of the castle is an Elizabethan garden that has recently been built, and is a replica of the one that was assembled when Queen Elizabeth I stayed at the castle in the 16th century.

KenilworthCastleXmas2008_3.jpg

If there is one thing I love, it is a place of historical significance! :wub: I will be visiting the UK soon! Oh yes! It is going to happen! I'll make sure of that! :yesnod:B)

Thank you so much for posting this Magic!!! :thumbsup:

Hope you can contribute more to this thread! ;)

Well, I photographed something a bit strange today....some folks might call it art, some might call it absolute junk! I do think it's rather interesting! :P

Graffiti.jpg

Graffiti3.jpg

Graffiti1.jpg

Graffiti4.jpg

Graffiti5.jpg

I have no idea who the "artist" is or what he/she is trying to convey! But this kinda caught my eye last week (because of the designs and colour involved) and to get these photos, I had to sneak into the back of a parking lot of an office building (luckily, there weren't any cars around) and there was a huge wall of concrete containing these rather unique designs and I do believe it was worth the effort! I guess I had a nice little "adventure" this sunday! LOL! :lol:

I have more of a rural landscape where I live. These horses were hanging around at the bottom of my garden all of last summer, the foal was just so cute. :wub: I started feeding them the occasional carrot and apple as a treat which was a big mistake. As soon as they caught sight of me, they'd start begging for food, and I'd always end up caving in! :rolleyes:

PA120002.jpg

Hi Kiwi

Thanks for going out of your way to take these photos! :D ^^ I really don't mind graffiti, especially if it's done well like this. To me it's part of the modern urban landscape. B)

Hello Magic! :wave:

Thank you! :D

I had a lovely adventure yesterday! To be honest, I don't quite fancy graffiti art usually but this, sort of caught my eye because I found it to be well crafted and executed and somehow, to me, it wasn't art which was out to destroy city property or something. I admire the artist's work and effort in this case and he or she was obviously just trying to express themselves. If it was graffiti art of the kind which can be rightfully described as "vandalism" then I'm sure that the artist concerned would have used people's cars and other types of property (be it public or private) as a canvas! But in this case, the artist just used a block of concrete and this "work of art" appeared last wednesday when the car park was full! So, hats-off to the artist concerned who was trying to (IMO) contribute something unique to the Urban Landscape! B) Also, inspite of the fact that it was a Sunday yesterday, there were workers from the City Council who were working quite close to the site. They had put up barriers everywhere (and that made my journey slightly more complicated than usual) to complete some unfinished road repair work and I'm sure they noticed that wall of concrete with the unique designs on it because it sure as hell stands out, even from afar! But they haven't torn it down or anything, so, I'm guessing they feel that it is a "genuine" work of art and not just "vandalism". That, to be honest, makes me very very happy! :D

I have more of a rural landscape where I live. These horses were hanging around at the bottom of my garden all of last summer, the foal was just so cute. :wub: I started feeding them the occasional carrot and apple as a treat which was a big mistake. As soon as they caught sight of me, they'd start begging for food, and I'd always end up caving in! :rolleyes:

PA120002.jpg

I've said it once and I'll say it again : "The English countryside is perhaps one of the most beautiful places to live / visit on earth". I do think this photo depicts that theory! :wub:

Lovely photo there Magic! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

I'm sure those horses and the fowl could sense that you are a very sweet and kind lady! :D

Archived