1> Jimmy Page- who the F@#K else

2> Jimi Hendrix

3> Ry Cooder

4> Duane Allman- The Allman Brothers

5> Robby Krieger- The Doors

6> Steve Gaines- Lynyrd Skynyrd

7> Roy Buchanan

8> Mark Knopfler- Dire Straits/Solo

9> Brian Jones- The stones- this is just because the guy was unreal on slide guitar during "No

Expectations"

Regards

Cav

Number One: Jimmy Page holding the crown as the king of the guitarists :notworthy:

Following in no particular order of preference as each one of them delivers a different technique and approach to the guitar playing.

Steve Ray Vaughan

David Gilmour

Donald Buck Dharma

Kirk Hammett

Adrian Smith- Dave Murray

George Lynch

1.) Jimmy Page

2.) Eddie Van Halen

3.) Rory Gallagher

4.) David Gilmour

5.) Eric Clapton

others I like:

Tony Iommi

Richie Blackmore, although he's an asshole

Jeff Beck

Joe Perry

Steve Howe

Randy Rhoads

Tom Morello

the main two i dont like are these guys:

Keith Richards

Pete Townshend

you can call me crazy but thats ok. i dont really like them.

heres why,

I know he's not right about not doing drugs and his comments about Led Zeppelin are wayyyy off the mark. Zeppelin is Zeppelin and I think Keith Richards should show some respect. Yes, Zeppelin's music is that good.

Plus, Jagger is an asshole. But he's a rich, smart asshole so it's tough to argue with that kind of success. Usually Richards uses the "talk shit about Mick" deal to get the media's attention to whatever the Stones are promoting. Or, otherwise involved with and this seems to fit that marketing strategy. Hey, it's worked for them for 40 years so why stop now, right?

You suck, Keith because you are jealous

I was watching VH1 100 greatest one hit wonders

and they said Jimi Hendrix was on e of the most famous cuz his only song "All Along the Watchtower," written for him by Bob Dylan, cracked the top 20. I was pissed and was like "fuck no!" He isnt a one hit wonder in my mind but my main reason why he would be is: America was racist at the time.

1. Jimmy Page- I was watching him on Earl´scourt DVD and I couldn´t believe my eyes!

2. Ace Frehley - not the best technique, but a great feeling and awesome effects! :D

3. Jimmi Hendrix- classic!

5. B.B. King- wonderfull bluesman!

6. Eric Clapton- very cool and a great player!

In no particular order:

Jimi Hendrix

Jimmy Page

Frank Zappa

Jerry Garcia

Robert Fripp

Non-Rock:

Andre Segovia

Paco DiLucia

Django Reinhardt

Charlie Christian

Pat Metheny

John McLaughlin

Les Paul

Danny Gatton

Hubert Sumlin

Elmore James

Freddie King

Chuck Berry

:thumbsup::thumbsup: for naming this great guitarist in your list. One of the greatest guitar players that have come from the 80's era!!!! I have included him in my list too,

Thanks, man. I think George is very underrated and deserves SOME credit. I mean the 80's wasn't just Eddie Van Halen and Randy Rhoads like some people wanna think.

Thanks, man. I think George is very underrated and deserves SOME credit. I mean the 80's wasn't just Eddie Van Halen and Randy Rhoads like some people wanna think.

Very much underrated, indeed. I always adore watching this video (Stars- Hear n' aid) featuring solos from a few guitarists. And, well, George surely shows them all his talent...

Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWCZhOjS3QE

Archived