The Worst Band Ever

kidmoon

.. so it seems we're only five on this! uhm, now I think I understand why they sold millions of records ... but this won't change my opinion: DL it's a waste of time.

Next!

Add me to that list.There aren't enough words in any language;past,present,or future,by humans or others,that can provide enough words to fully explain how much I truly hate that band.

ugh.

What the hell is wrong with you people?!?!?

I've learned that the people who hate Def Leppard have never actually listened to Hysteria or Pyromania at least half the way through. They get grouped with all the other hair bands but they are 20x better.

Absolutely nothing.

I have actually listened to those all the way through;and I still think they suck dead bloated donkey balls.

They shouldn't get lumped in with the other hair bands,because some of the hair bands' music is almost tolerable.

I still think Def Leppard is amazing. I <3 them.

Mutt Lange did great with them as he did AC/DC.

I happen to listen to almost all rock music from Chuck Berry to Motley Crue. A lot of 90's stuff loses me. Actually, most of it does.

Newer music aside, some bands/musicians I dislike:

-Bret Micheals. I cannot stand him/her. Wearing make-up for the show is one thing (Alice Cooper/ KISS/ etc.), but wearing powder and lipp gloss is not. Plus he doesn't really have that much talent.

-Poison. Because of Bret Micheals.

-Quiet Riot. I can't stand their singer.

-Johnny Rotten, of the Sex Pisotls. There's being looney like Mooney the Looney, and then there's being an untalented dumb prick.

-Duran Duran. They are NOT better than the Beatles.

-Radiohead. Okay, they are a bit newer, but I don't HATE them as much as they ANNOY me. If somebody took Pink Floyds brilliant concept albums, mixed the songs together, and took away most of the guitars, keyboards, bass, and drums, added a lame singer, it would be Radiohead. That said, OK Computer was actually a good album i liked.

-Sebastian Bach. Have you ever noticed how he seems to wish he looked like and acted like David Lee Roth?

KISS. Gene Simmons is such a douchebag. Plus, there are two kinds of people in this world: Led Zep fans and KISS fans. I'm assuming most people here are the former.

what about people who listen to crap, and niether of those. Also, my friends loves them both.

and what's with you losers insulting Def Leppard?! They kick ass! Most of the people who hate Def Leppard have never actually taken the time to listen...

and what's with you losers insulting Def Leppard?! They kick ass! Most of the people who hate Def Leppard have never actually taken the time to listen...

Exactly!

What's the problem?

DL may not be the best group ever, but they are the best group with a one armed drummer ;)

Well, regarding Def Leppard.. On Through The Night and High 'N' Dry is listenable, but Pyromania and especially Hysteria is the worst kind of hard rock that ever came out of the 80's. I've been trying my best to forget those albums ever since they came out, though I had higher thoughts of Pyromania back then, than I have nowadays. One more thing, Joe Elliott has a really crappy voice. They should try and find another singer and put him on tambourine or let him carry the guitar cases instead.

KISS. Gene Simmons is such a douchebag. Plus, there are two kinds of people in this world: Led Zep fans and KISS fans. I'm assuming most people here are the former.

I love both Zep and Kiss, don't know what that makes me.. :o

Well, regarding Def Leppard.. On Through The Night and High 'N' Dry is listenable, but Pyromania and especially Hysteria is the worst kind of hard rock that ever came out of the 80's. I've been trying my best to forget those albums ever since they came out, though I had higher thoughts of Pyromania back then, than I have nowadays. One more thing, Joe Elliott has a really crappy voice. They should try and find another singer and put him on tambourine or let him carry the guitar cases instead.

High n Dry kicks ass. I love Pyromania more than Hysteria, but I love both. Pyromania's the best. Joe Elliot's voice isn't the best, although its better than a lot of 80's glam metal singers. It fits the style. I like some other songs that were after Hysteria, like Let's Get Rocked. I just really like their music. None of them are the best at their respective instruments, but they just made great music, although I think a lot of that is owed to Mutt Lange.

I'm not a huge hair band guy. I love Motley Crue and for some reason have always liked Cinderella, but that's about it. I hate poison, quiet riot, etc. Def Leppard was better than all of the other 80's acts like that. And they happen to be one of 5 bands that has two or more diamond certified albums of original material (not compilations), along with Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and Van Halen.

And frankly, I liked Def Leppard only okay, until I saw them in concert, which was spectacular. My dad, who didn't think much of them beforehand, was a new huge Def Leppard fan after seeing them in concert.

I rather like Phil Collen's previous band, Girl, which he had together with Phil Lewis (later L.A. Guns). Girl was a great glam rock band and Phil Lewis has one of the best glam rock voices of the 80's hair band scene.

Sheer Greed, a forgotten classic!

4108ESMY4VL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I would say Kiss, but I don't consider them a band. They are more of a merchandising agent. I mean they sell everything under the sun, even perfume. Now, why would I want to smell like sweaty men, makeup, and way too much hairspray?

Then I'd say Ted Nugent, but he is just an artist.

So I"m going to say The Rolling Stones.

Bay City Rollers.

I remember reading an article about them in the Toronto Star in the 70's - the BCR's guitar player (whoever it was), was being compared to Jimmy Page....oh the brilliance of some music journalists.

My sister liked the drummer.....bring that up now and again!

Smashing Pumpkins. Billy Corgan sounds like a frog. Ok, they are not the worst band I know of, but I don't like them very much..

But these following bands are probably the worst bands I know of:

Linkin Park

Good Charlotte

Blink 182

Eagles

America

Styx

Forigner

Kansas

Boston

REO Speedwagon

Journey

Poison

Def Leppard

Queen

Dream Theater

..and a bunch of other crappy artists.

I didn't see that coming. :)

I have tried several times to get into them, but with no success.. But Tie Your Mother Down and Stone Cold Crazy are great rock'n'roll songs, I'll give 'em that.

Queen is a funny group? There's some songs that seem like masterpieces, with great instrumental work - yet others that are just annoying. I can't listen to "We are the Champions" or "Another One Bites the Dust". But I'm jumping around on tables and chairs, if I hear "Fat Bottom Girls" or "Killer"...

Radio Ga Ga is what they call a career killer. What little interest i had in the band disappeared completely after hearing that slop.

I once use too feel that same way, about Radio Ga Ga.

However, as I was watching Live Aid in 1985 and as Queen performed this song live. Watching how everyone there was singing, clapping along and really getting into it. It gave me goose bumps.

Now when I hear Radio Ga Ga, I always think of the Live Aid performance and it brings a smile to my face along with an overall good feeling.

Actually, I prefer the more rocking songs and Queen still kicked out a few great rocking classics in the mid 80’s and beyond IMHO such as:

Hammer to Fall

One Vision

I Want It All

Headlong

Archived