The Worst Band Ever

kidmoon

Radio Ga Ga is what they call a career killer. What little interest i had in the band disappeared completely after hearing that slop.

:lol: career killer? It may have stopped YOU liking them but it certainly didn't kill their career - ever see footage of an audience clapping and singing along to that one?

:lol: career killer? It may have stopped YOU liking them but it certainly didn't kill their career - ever see footage of an audience clapping and singing along to that one?

Yes i have and i couldn't be happier to not be amongst them. :D

Different strokes for different folks. I do not begrudge anybody for their musical tastes.

• 10 months later...

I'll go ahead and be the one to say Supertramp is not all that bad. Sure, their hits are overplayed and maybe the prime example to 70's pop rock, but they still had legit musicianship and put out some good ALBUMS like Crime of the Century and Even In The Quietest Moments. I even have Breakfast in America and it's a decent album.

the band's I hate

-AC/DC

-Fleetwood Mac (post Peter Green)

-Nickleback

-Styx

-Flying Burrito Brothers

-Bon Jovi, hair metal and about 90% of the 80's... although I seem to have a strange tolerance for Journey :huh:

-someone mentioned emo bands... I'll agree

-the screamo/thrash metal bands... the only thing worse then musicians playing as fast and as loud as they can to hide their lack of talent is adding a vocalist who just gurgles and grunts some barely audible gibberish

I'll go ahead and be the one to say Supertramp is not all that bad. Sure, their hits are overplayed and maybe the prime example to 70's pop rock, but they still had legit musicianship and put out some good ALBUMS like Crime of the Century and Even In The Quietest Moments. I even have Breakfast in America and it's a decent album.

the band's I hate

-AC/DC

-Fleetwood Mac (post Peter Green)

-Nickleback

-Styx

-Flying Burrito Brothers

-Bon Jovi, hair metal and about 90% of the 80's... although I seem to have a strange tolerance for Journey :huh:

-someone mentioned emo bands... I'll agree

-the screamo/thrash metal bands... the only thing worse then musicians playing as fast and as loud as they can to hide their lack of talent is adding a vocalist who just gurgles and grunts some barely audible gibberish

Why the Flying Burrito Brothers? Just curious as to why you put them. I actually really like them and think they are quite amazing.

What band/songwriter, when you hear their music, makes you want to leave the room, change the station (but, really, who listens to radio anymore?), or tell your buddy his taste in music needs serious revamping?

I, for one, cannot tolerate the Mars Volta. I despise this band. Many people find these guys "cutting edge" or "creative". To each his own, I suppose. Surely I can't be the only one to believe their "music" to be utter garbage.

If you've never heard them, just imagine a decent riff/melody. This melody spans for, oh, about 45 seconds to a minute and a half, then disintegrates into about 6 - 15 minutes of absolutely horrifying "soloing". By "soloing" I mean aimless clanks & various other sounds. I'm not even sure if the song is bookended by the initial melody, for I can never make it through the entire thing.

Please, Mars Volta, stop trying to be innovative.

Oh, I nearly forgot the Decemberists. This band is the embodiment of pompousness. But they're so "literary", right? Wrong.

So, what band spoils your breakfast? Feel free to vent.

How's it going "Kidmoon" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Thats a good question! In my opinion, throughout Rock n' Roll history, I never could stand PAT BOONE, HERMAN'S HERMITS and TINY TIM. When PAT BOONE recorded a rendition of the ZEPPELIN classic song "Stairway To Heaven," I've hated PAT BOONE even more since. ROCK ON!

Why the Flying Burrito Brothers? Just curious as to why you put them. I actually really like them and think they are quite amazing.

To be honest, I was very dissapointed when I listened to "Guilded in the Place of Sin" a few years ago. It just didn't please my ears when I heard them. Granted, I should go back and listen to it again since people compare it to The Byrds's "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" and I did enjoy that album.

When I do get back to them I promise to let you know what I think!

To be honest, I was very dissapointed when I listened to "Guilded in the Place of Sin" a few years ago. It just didn't please my ears when I heard them. Granted, I should go back and listen to it again since people compare it to The Byrds's "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" and I did enjoy that album.

You'll change your mind (at least that's what I think :D ). I remember first listening to Gram Parsons and I wasn't really that impressed. But a year or two later, I went back to listen again, and I totally fell in love in the music. Nowadays, I rate Gilded Palace Of Sin as one of the best records ever released.

Definately let me know. I hope you changed your mind.

The Jonas Brothers, I don't get the big deal about them. They were on the latest copy of Rolling Stone too. I couldn't believe that they put them on the cover of Rolling Stone. Granted Lady Gaga was on the cover of a copy too.

The Jonas Brothers, I don't get the big deal about them. They were on the latest copy of Rolling Stone too. I couldn't believe that they put them on the cover of Rolling Stone. Granted Lady Gaga was on the cover of a copy too.

I totally agree, they were put on the cover of Rolling Stone, whereas when Freddie died in 1991, there was not even a special issue :angry:

I totally agree, they were put on the cover of Rolling Stone, whereas when Freddie died in 1991, there was not even a special issue :angry:

Seriously? That really really surprises me.

I just thought of another reallly bad band but I can't remember what their name was. The girl at the record shop found one of their cds lying around and she put in their stereo system. Everything was really dirty and highly offensive. It wasn't even the cuss words it was just songs about being as filthy as you could and the both members of the band lacked talent.

You'll change your mind (at least that's what I think :D ). I remember first listening to Gram Parsons and I wasn't really that impressed. But a year or two later, I went back to listen again, and I totally fell in love in the music. Nowadays, I rate Gilded Palace Of Sin as one of the best records ever released.

I did the same thing with "Pet Sounds". Was not impressed, but a few years later it struck me how brilliant the whole album was crafted. We'll see if the same remains for The Flying Burrito Brothers.....

Jingle Cats has to be the worst. How in the hell they sold albums is beyond me. They have 2 Christmas albums (early 90's) and even have a non-Christmas album and DVD (00's)!

WTF!!!!!! I though this one-off stupid early 90's fad would fade out, but some f**king moron keeps putting out this type of "music" (and I use this term loosely)

Archived