The Worst Band Ever

kidmoon

KISS isn't a band. It's a merchandise machine.

So is virtually every band out there (including Zep), it's not something unique to Kiss and goes all the way back to the Grateful Dead (as well as many, many other bands), Winterland Productions and Bill Graham.

My only thing with Jethro Tull is that rock bands don't have flute players. Otherwise I think they're great band- flute included.

The Marshall Tucker Band has a flute player but they oftentimes straddle the line between rock and country.

Agree with all of this (I also live in redneckville) EXCEPT (big EXCEPT) Springsteen who I adore.

Also, not that it matters, but Jimmy now has 2 dolls--- :huh:

If the white poppy suit is the second doll referred to above, I didn't include it because the manufacturers call it a "limited edition figurine," and are charging about $100 for it, pretty spendy for a cute "Little Jimmy." Hope your redneckville is as gorgeous as my redneckville(which is why I stay here)

Any band? How fucked up it must be to live with ones ears buried in the sand, not to mention all the great bands you've automatically written off.

I'm with you on this one, there is some great new music out there, Dzldoc needs to look harder through all the BS, you're never going to find the good stuff on regular radio or mtv.

So is virtually every band out there (including Zep), it's not something unique to Kiss and goes all the way back to the Grateful Dead (as well as many, many other bands), Winterland Productions and Bill Graham.

And as for bands being merchandise machines, you are right, but at least some of them give us great music in return (except for Kiss).

:)

Depeche Mode- dislike with a vengence

Motley Crue - why were they ever a band and how could anyone like them?

Babyshambles - its all in the name

The Smiths - I really never GOT them, ( well Morrisey really) give me the other Manchester bands any day

Boybands- all of them

The Ramones - punk I think not, just a bunch of talentless leather jacket wearers.

Kiss, someone said it earlier about merchandising

there are more but it depresses me to think of them :lol:

You know, I actually really like The Mars Volta, but they are HORRIBLE live. They opened for the Chili Peppers when I saw them two years ago and it was bar none the worst live performance I've ever seen. Their lead singer had his ass to the audience the whole time, you couldn't hear him at any point, no one moved at all, there were like 20 people and all this crap on stage. People started throwing their beer at them. I felt sorry for them because I think their studio stuff is far better. I love their guitarist, Omar Rodriguez. I think he does some interesting things. I can totally understand why people wouldn't like them, though.

As for the worst band, something's gotta be said about pretty much every young popular band right now... My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, etc. It's like some really crappy band came out a few years ago and inexplicably had success, so a bunch of clones of the crap came out simultaneously afterwards. I can't even distinguish between any of them and speaking as a young woman, I find none of them the least bit attractive. So... I DON'T GET IT.

I hate my generation. The only good bands out right now are the ones who've been at it for a while or who no one's ever heard of.

I hate my generation. The only good bands out right now are the ones who've been at it for a while or who no one's ever heard of.

I agree, somewhat. There are a FEW bands that are extremely popular and extremely good. But more or less, you are correct that most good bands making music these days are not very commercially successful, I blame the big name record labels for not signing any bands that aren't a clone of Green Day.

I agree, somewhat. There are a FEW bands that are extremely popular and extremely good. But more or less, you are correct that most good bands making music these days are not very commercially successful, I blame the big name record labels for not signing any bands that aren't a clone of Green Day.

:unsure::rolleyes: Unfortunately, you are both right :(

You sonafa, I almost had them completely removed from my memory.........now I have to start over. :angry:

Singing: I'm all out of love... Lost In Love and I don't know much...

Let it all out Levee, I'm finding this thread cathartic, although now I'm having flashbacks to junior high dances.

Who did "Love is like oxygen? That's one I want erased from my memory

Singing: I'm all out of love... Lost In Love and I don't know much...

Let it all out Levee, I'm finding this thread cathartic, although now I'm having flashbacks to junior high dances.

Who did "Love is like oxygen? That's one I want erased from my memory

Sweet.......pleasant dreams. :)

The Ramones - punk I think not, just a bunch of talentless leather jacket wearers.

Your fucking kidding. :hysterical: The RAMONES are fucking brilliant.You don't need safety pins

and the latest poser wear to be punk.Punk?... I think so. :watchingyou:

Your fucking kidding. :hysterical: The RAMONES are fucking brilliant.You don't need safety pins

and the latest poser wear to be punk.Punk?... I think so. :watchingyou:

Yeah, Blitzkrieg Bop, best punk song ever, IMO.

Back to worsts - Richard Marx, Tears for Fears

Haha yeah. Green Day is essentially that crappy band with the inexplicable success that everyone started trying to copy. They started the chain reaction I talked about. Ah, if only they had never recorded an album...

I think it may go back even further than that to Nirvana (and other bands from the "grunge" movement) who spawned a million imitators. A lot of that same hype surrounded Green Day, who in turn, also spawn millions of imitators. It all goes back to the original punk rock and the most accessible sounding bands breaking through.

I think it may go back even further than that to Nirvana (and other bands from the "grunge" movement) who spawned a million imitators. A lot of that same hype surrounded Green Day, who in turn, also spawn millions of imitators. It all goes back to the original punk rock and the most accessible sounding bands breaking through.

I know you didn't explicitely say it, but I would never compare Nirvana to the likes of Green Day.....they're universes apart!! :)

Archived