So...How many of you guys play a guitar,bass...ect

Swamp Dog

It's actually a DSL50. I prefer the 50 watter to the 100 as we don't play stadiums! :lol:

So I can actually get some true power tube saturation and not be totally dependent on those 12AX7s to get my crunch on, much less rely on stomp boxes (though I do use a Tube Screamer for a lead boost, level up, drive down). That way I can back the volume off and clean it up the natural way.

The cabs are Mesa 2x12s with Celestion Vintage 30s. Best sounding cabs for the sound I like (hard rock, not metal). And the materials and construction are tops, way better than Marshall's. If I were going clean, I'd use JBL 120s, either Ds or Es. Hard to find, as they don't make them anymore, but the best speakers ever made for a crystal clear guitar sound. Think Jerry Garcia through a Silver Face Fender Twin. Sweet!! :beer:

I play guitar. I'm gonna buy a harmonica pretty soon and figure it out so that I can jam with my friends in some local cafes =D

Anyway, this is my electric:

1572.jpg

And this is the closest thing I could find to my acoustic (it's some ancient classical guitar and it plays wonderfully)

product45.jpg

Anyway, on to my amp and pedalboard:

I play through a 15-watt Brian May signature amp. Doesn't have much control (tone, volume, gain, high/low gain switch) but it's great for what I need right now (not in a band or anything, I'm kind of a basement rockstar B) )

And here are my pedals, in order from guitar to amp.

633194890949805964_X.jpg

VOX V847A Wah-Wah

boss%20dd-3.JPG

BOSS DD-3 Digital Delay (amazing.)

fl9.gif

Ibanez FL-9 Flanger Re-Issue

I'm also planning on buying an Overdrive pedal under $100 to duplicate that classic AC/DC sound, and I'm debating between the BOSS OD-3 Overdrive, the BOSS SD-1 Overdrive or the BOSS BD-3 Blues Driver, and I can't figure out what the differences are. Can someone tell me which one is best for classic rock tones?

My setup is fairly economical. My baby of the bunch is actually the first one I ever bought: a Strat built from kit parts off ebay, where I have replaced the neck with a maple neck and the pickups with Jimmie Vaughan TexMex pickups. The neck is unfinished except for a couple of coats of Tung oil, giving it a really smooth feel, and it has a seafoam green color put on by the guy that sold. Feels so good to play. I also have a red Fender Standard Telecaster, an Ibanez Artcore AGS hollowbody (really sweet tone out of this one). I'm not normally a fan of Ibanez electrics, but their semihollowbodies are excellent. Then I have a truly monstrous Frankenstein (not like EVH's) Strat that's all black save for all chrome hardware (including control knobs) and lipstick pickups that create some unique tones in the 2nd and 4th positions. I use this for open tuning slide. Acousticly, I have an Ibanez acoustic and an Fender resonator for open-tuning stuff. I play through a Fender 212R FM amp, an Ibanez tubescreamer, and a Dunlop Crybaby wah. And I use Dunlop green picks. Kind of an interesting setup, but I like the tone I get, except I'm looking into getting a vibrato pedal and maybe a chorus/delay pedal. I don't want to get much crazier than that though.

I don't and never have. I am the firm believer that if I want a Les Paul....I will buy a Les Paul. I would rather save that money and buy a proper standard. Kinda stupid I know. :lol:

Me too, mine is the real deal

So i have.

Fender P-bass with a new bridge, Tuners, and i fitted it for an EMG P/J setup. I couldn't decide what new bass to buy, so i improved the old one. but i am leaning towards a Schecter or a Fender Jazz 5-string. I have a Peavey 12in Combo and a 40year old tube driven Alamo combo. SWR 400watt head with 4x10 and 1x15 cabinets.

Prelude Acoustic. It's one of those Jr. Guitars. i think the neck is 23in and only 16 frets.

Ukulele. I don't know what kind, my brother brought it back from Hawaii.

Epiphone Mandolin.

My Hero is Jonsey, so I'm trying to get the organ thats sitting in my uncle's garage.

Are there any guitarists here you don't own a Les Paul replica?

*raises arm*

I have a Fender Squire Strat, which I purchased over 10 years ago as my first. Added to that I have Tanglewood TH502 bought a couple of years ago. I also own a trusty acoustic picked up on my travels. My Laney 30W is dying a death slowly. I really need some new equipment. Donations anyone?

2077739314_b12824b19b_o.jpg

I played acoustic since I was a teen 25 years ago.I didn't start playing electric until about 15 years ago and I got even more excited when I found out I could plug a guitar into a computer and record through virtual amps. Geeky I know but there it is. The virtual stuff got me even more interested in the real things though.

Here's my collection from left to right

* My daughters guitar. A tiny acoustic with nylon strings

* Takamine Jasmine acoustic steel string guitar

* 2000 Fender Stratocaster MIM powerhouse which means it has active pickups. I might replace the pickups with passive Greybottoms in the future.

* Yamaha Baby Grand

* 1976 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Tobacco Burst. SD Pearly Gates pickups on the bridge position and SD Alnico Pro on the neck position. I plan on switching out neck with an SD P-90

* Line6 Variax 300. a virtual guitar that will emulate about40 different kinds of guitars. When I compare them to the real thing i would say that the variax gets you about 85 percent there. Which for me is not quite enough to replace any guitar. Fun to play with though.

The amp is not in the picture. I play through a Vox AD50V. If I want to record on the PC I will plug into a Line6 Toneport.

Very amateur acoustic guitar player wishing I had more time and a good teacher to be better. I also have an old folk guitar that has a really wide fret and my wee lil ole hands can't quite manage some of the chords :lol:

You see, she was gonna be an actress

and I was gonna learn to fly

she took off to find the footlights

I took off to find the sky

I play guitar...

Have you ever played slide? If yes, have you ever tried playing In My Time of Dying by Led Zeppelin? I have this long ongoing disagreement with a couple of other guitar players here. They think that Page tunes the guitar EAEAC#E for this. I finally played the O2 version along with their tuning and mine. I am absolutly positive that mine is correct now. A guy showed me how to play it back in the 70s. It is tuned CGCGCE. What do you think of this?

I learn it by playing with the album....

I played it last night...with recorded version

and it's in tune to the recoded version...btw

my tuning... EAEAC#E...

I'm not saying ya can't play it in another key...

but if you watch the DVD he has to playing it there EAEAC#E...it's how I learned the solos.

I learn it by playing with the album....

I played it last night...with recorded version

and it's in tune to the recoded version...btw

my tuning... EAEAC#E...

I'm not saying ya can't play it in another key...

but if you watch the DVD he has to playing it there EAEAC#E...it's how I learned the solos.

You dont mean the O2 version right? Because I disagree with the tuning on that one.

IMTOD was recorded in open A (EAEAC#E), but live they ALWAYS played it in open G (DGDGBD) which is the same intervals, a whole tone lower, so all fingerings are the same.

That's the tuning they were in at the O2.

Although you can fake the slide parts in almost any open tuning, when you get to the fingered bits the tuning becomes obvious.

IMTOD was recorded in open A (EAEAC#E), but live they ALWAYS played it in open G (DGDGBD) which is the same intervals, a whole tone lower, so all fingerings are the same.

That's the tuning they were in at the O2.

Although you can fake the slide parts in almost any open tuning, when you get to the fingered bits the tuning becomes obvious.

I was showed yrs ago to tune it CGCGCE and I played it along with the O2 and it was in tune. I dont get it.

Archived