So...How many of you guys play a guitar,bass...ect

Swamp Dog

I was showed yrs ago to tune it CGCGCE and I played it along with the O2 and it was in tune. I dont get it.

yeah guitar here.. i play it in open A. No probs with playin along with the 2nd disc of the DVD box set.

yeah i play a squire strat. It dropped off my strap once and onto our stone floor and consequently has a big ass crack in the back and constantly goes out of tune on strings 1 to 3. But as a side effect of tuning so frequently ive gotten really good at tuning by ear lol, that and switching from open A for in my time of dying to normal and to D Modal for kashmire and white summer/black mountainside.

First riff i ever learned was Dazed and Confused hehe.

other than the squire i have a Dunlop crybaby :D and a wireless transmitter and reciever made by LD systems, and just a 15W fender amp. The amp is probably the first thing ill be upgrading

Have you ever played slide? If yes, have you ever tried playing In My Time of Dying by Led Zeppelin? I have this long ongoing disagreement with a couple of other guitar players here. They think that Page tunes the guitar EAEAC#E for this. I finally played the O2 version along with their tuning and mine. I am absolutly positive that mine is correct now. A guy showed me how to play it back in the 70s. It is tuned CGCGCE. What do you think of this?

No I haven't.. but I'd like to try it.. :)

i play blues guitar, bass, harmonica.

alot of folk acoustic. kinda of led zeppelin/pentangle/neil young. countryish stones (sweet virginia)

bit of slide as well.

i'm in a band and we got some free studio time, a friend of mine does an audio engineering course at a music institute. haven't gotten the songs back off him though. still being mastered.

there are some songs here www.myspace.com/theaerovons

only recorded with one mic while we got our jam on. so don't judge them to harshly.

Guitar,by extension bass,piano.

I'm currently embarking on a pretty cool musical project but can't find other musicians for it,it's here tell me what you think.

My first real guitar was a Stagg,not very well-known korean brand,a good guitar,i'm very emotionally attached to it,i call her "Rosalie".

:beer:

i know this is a stupid question, but im a beginner... please tell me what's strange :blink:

I normally associate gold hardware and block inlays with Les Paul customs. Again I'm no expert, and am too lazy(and hungover at the moment) to actually research it, but I believe Les Paul studio models usually have dot necks and chrome hardware...I could be wrong tho..wouldn't be the first time

I've been in and out of garage bands since the late 70's.

I do not claim to be an expert at anything, but I've assumed rhythm guitar, bass guitar, and drum duties in bands over the years. Recently, after a 13 year hiatus, I've started working on blues-based material with a co-worker. He is well equipped with lead guitar skills and recently became interested in Delta Blues-style slide guitar.

There are a number of annual blues festivals in this area of Mississippi, as well as local bars and pseudo-jukejoints. Our long-term goal is to get good enough to be able to play gigs around the region (hell, even a local keg party in a pasture would be fun).

I would prefer a power-trio style setup, with an established drummer and my co-worker and myself sharing bass and guitar duties. According to others, I have a decent vocal range , so I would be assuming that task as well.

As of this time, we're practicing while using pre-recorded drum tracks for percussion.

It's not my first choice, but if it comes down to it I'll go to drums/vocals and we'll do a Black Keys style thing.

Another option is to learn foot based percussion while playing bass and singing, kind of like this guy:

He often plays a Lowebow guitar, made by John Lowe in Memphis.

It is a double-necked instrument, with one bass string, three guitar strings and 2 separate output jacks to two amps.

This way, he is able to play bass guitar, slide guitar, drums and sing at the same time.

I consider this the last option for myself, because I'm sure the learning curve would be extreme when trying to pull this off.

I normally associate gold hardware and block inlays with Les Paul customs. Again I'm no expert, and am too lazy(and hungover at the moment) to actually research it, but I believe Les Paul studio models usually have dot necks and chrome hardware...I could be wrong tho..wouldn't be the first time

Yeah i would've said it was a custom from the hardware. Epiphone or Gib? well you can't really tell from that photo

yeah if i was to hazzard a guess i would say Epiphone Les Paul Custom and a Fender strat, just from the size of the blurred letters on the headstock :thanku:

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing Piano and Keyboards for a few years now.

I play a Mason & Risch upright and a cheap M-Audio Keystation 61es hooked into an iMac running Logic Studio. I am hoping to get one of these in the near future (Yamaha S90):

visual_front_s90_l.jpg

i know this is a stupid question, but im a beginner... please tell me what's strange :blink:

It's when a man get's with another girl that's not his wife. but i don't think thats the answer you are searching for.

What wrong with a studio Les Paul. is it better to be an Epiphone Les Pual then. I may up buying a guitar before i decided to finally buy a new bass. They have the Epiphone Silverburst Les Paul custom for $600. or its the Epiphone Black Bueaty for $700. Im a bassist so im only gonna buy somthing i think looks good, becuase they all have that Les Paul tone, just not as good as an 58' would. I could buy the squier telecaster, but what fun would that be.

I play guitar, and these are my guitars :D

2uyqek1.jpg

Well, until we get told what they are, let the guessing games continue...

I don't think that's a Gibson OR an Epiphone - the cutaway doesn't look right. Headstock looks a little different, too.

Is it an Agile?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I "officially" play the piano, but I like to pick up my guitar, or to play my digital drums. Now I'm trying to get harmonica too.

In a few words: I love Music an I love playing it :hippy:

I Play Guitar...

I used to play for a band called "Monolith" - www.myspace.com/monolithonline - singing and playing.

My guitars have changed greatly over the years, but these are what i have settled with...

IMG_0561.jpg

2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard in Ebony, seymour duncan pickups - JB in the neck and 59 in the bridge (i think!!)

2003 Gibson Les Paul Classic in vintage sunburst, EMG Zakk Wylde Set (81/85), grover locking tuners fitted.

2002 Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ gibson classic pickups.

IMG_0562.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived