ROBERT PLANT: "THE WILD MAN OF BLUES FROM THE BLACK COUNTRY" COMES HOME

Cat

Also will state I am aware myles & her crew are able to read all my posting,and perhaps she already has read the ones I posted on the ROCK n ROLL HALL OF FAME (thread on this forum)! By all means do read the one posted under HEART on the ELLEN SHOW.Truth is Ann Wilson & Pat Benatar were the singers who were on the scene when Myles was out there ,so the things I`ve read in the past that she her self has said .....she acts like there was some big conspricasy keeping her back from sucess on a different level----truth is in the ears.If the ATLANTIC record company didn`t want to go any further with you ,it certianly was not some big paranoid heist.

In 1989 she released her first, self-titled album. It produced three Top 40 hits, "Love Is", "Lover Of Mine", and "Still Got This Thing", as well as the number one hit "Black Velvet". A commemoration of the life and career of Elvis Presley which American country-and-western singer Robin Lee later interpreted, "Black Velvet" was a number one hit worldwide and was named the most played song on radio for 1989. "Black Velvet" won Myles a Grammy Award for Best Female Rock Performance, and several Juno Awards. By this point she was known worldwide.

The year 1992 brought the follow up album, Rockinghorse, which included the hit singles "Song Instead Of A Kiss", "Our World, Our Times", and "Sonny, Say You Will". She received a Grammy nomination and 3 Juno Awards.

The year 1995 brought A-lan-nah, a lesser-known album which contained no Top 40 singles. It did include two tracks which made it into the Top 100: "Family Secret" and "Blow Wind, Blow". Even though it was not as popular as Myles's previous two albums, it still went platinum.

In 1997 she left her eight-record contract at the Atlantic Records label and moved to ARK 21 records. Here she released Arrival, which had the Top 40 hit "Bad 4 You".

Alannah had a myspace webpage up for years which within the last month or so(DEC.?) has been deleted .On it she openly and publicly spoke about her view of Atlantic records --she posted on March 4,04 - 06(?) ,she was very clear that she believed they set her up and with held her from having more then she did.Yes,the song "Black velvet " had been popular for a brief time.Even though the other titles mentioned above had release ---she never became known for much more musicaly in Europe or Usa after the hit Blackvelvet which her boyfriend Chris wrote. It doesn`t matter how you wish to write it or rewrite it thats the way it was. Amazingly she also had said she wanted to remember Elvis 40th anniversery this last summer.This last summer marked 30 years since Elvis passed. It was nice of her old boyfriend Chris to have written a song about Elvis.

Archived