I Met Jason Bonham this weekend!

Hey everyone, Pat's Delight, dude, I'm glad you got to meet him too!!!!

So I'm at the NAMM show in Anaheim, California on Friday and I'm in line to meet, photograph and get a picture of Slash, who I had been dying to meet for years, when a friend of mine runs up to me and says "Jason Bonham is right over there!" I jump out of line sure enough, we caught up to Jason as he was walking towards the Zildjian exhibit area. He looked at my friends and I (because no one seemed to know who he was but he could tell that we were trailing him.) So his security people tell us he'd be doing his own meet and greet in a few minutes.

We got in line and sure enough, others slowly started to converge. I told him that he did an excellent job at the O2 arena, showed him my 4 symbols tattoo on my back and just chatted for a bit. I was so damn excited, but now the enormity of the situation is starting to hit me. I'm so damn happy!!!

By the time I got back to Slash's line, he was done and I only got to shake his hand as he walked past me. And to top it off, one of my friends had borrowed my camera at that moment. Oh well, but at least I got to meet Jason! I also got to meet a few other people over the weekend, Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers,) Dave Navarro, Mick Marrs, Stevie Wonder, Bootsie Collins, Kerry King, Paul Stanley and dang, just a bunch of people.

How do I upload photos on here?

Archmagician glad you were able to make it in!!! Hope to see you soon. :)

What did he smell like?

He smelled good! I got close enough to smell him, lol. :D

Hi ANGI!!! :P (waving hello) Did you get all of the other pics I shared with you? Hey Angi, since I'm stupid with all this uploading crap, would you be able to upload my pics with Jason? I can't figure out how to do it here. I uploaded them on PZ, but I just can't find how to do that here. :(

ME: Have you seen the discussion board on the ledzeppelin.com site??

Jason: (Sounding puzzled) Uh, no.

AHA! So at least we know Jason doesn't come here, and we can say whatever we like about him, heh heh heh . . . .

Pity he sounds such a nice guy there'd be no fun in ripping on him, but still.

Sure, I still owe you one! What are you doing Friday? I will be back in town. Give me a call.

Hey sweetie, I'll give you a call later on. This entire weekend, starting tomorrow morning, is very hectic, but we'll talk soon! :D

And I'll ask a general question again: how does one post photos on this thing here??? :o

Here's Lori's (Zoso4Vida's) pics:

Getting the autograph:

Jennys15eraNAMM08day1069.jpg

Showing her tattoo:

Jennys15eraNAMM08day1071.jpg

One for the ladies to envy:

Jennys15eraNAMM08day1073.jpg

Hey Ev!!! You're the bomb, brother!!! Thank you so much for teaching me how to do this. How does that saying go.... if you give a person a fish, they can eat only one, but if you teach a person how to fish.... then they can eat fish forever or some shit.

Anyways, thanks for helping me with those pictures. I'm still trying to get used to seeing myself with braces; I feel like such a dumbass and I was so damn excited in that first photo, I just couldn't keep from smiling. But good looking out, sweetie!!! Let's go to NAMM together next year!

Cheers yo, --Z4V! (we need that beer clashing siggy thing back up in here.)

:thumbsup: Great photos Zoso4Vida!! Must have been an amazing moment. So glad you had the experience and thanks for sharing.

Thanks sweetie! Yes, it was an amazing moment. He was very nice and very polite. I remember looking at my right hand moments after I touched his face and remembered how warm his face was. I know that sounds cheezy as hell, but I was just awestruck over having kissed his cheek. :D

Love this one! :lol::lol:

Thanks for sharing your story, Lori! and thanks, Ev, for posting the pics.

BTW, it's sooooooo good to have you on board, Ev.

AAAAAMMMMMEEEEEENNNNNNN to that one, re: Ev!!!

And your welcome, brspled! Nice to see you again. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Great to read about your experiences! I wouldnt have kissed him on the cheek, but my mancrush would be bubbling up.... :D

looks like Alan White was right next to him in that one shot. How cool was that?

I thought Jason did his old man proud at O2 especially with his drumming during the performance of "Kashmir". He really kicked ass on that one! :D

Archived