I Met Jason Bonham this weekend!

Me and my friends saw Bonham in 1989 or `90. We were standing near the front, and all of a sudden I wasn't sure if a fight had broken out or a most pit had started, but all of a sudden I was being knocked this way and that. When I finally got my footing back I turned around and my friend was standing there with a drum stick in his hand and a look of shock and said, "I got it."

Another guy said, "You better put that away before somebody fights you for it!"

I hadn't even seen Jason throw it! I hope my friend still has that.

Thanks for posting your photos and sharing. :D

I met Jason in April of 1997 in Columbia, SC. He was drumming with his band (JBB). I talked with him, Tony (his guitarist) and John Smithson (bass/keys) a good bit after their show. A friend's band opened for them that night (at Rockafella's, a great local venue, which is now another place). Jason talked about his tatoo on his arm (three circles and told us what his dad said about the meaning of it). Jason, as expected, was a great guy. We talked for about 30 or 40 minutes afterwards, John Smithson and Tony were both really cool to us as well. John and I even had some mutual friends in S. Africa (small world).

R B)

As I left, I noticed that my knees were knocking a little bit and I was feeling a light headed sensation. Strange, I've met lots of rock stars, but never a Led Zeppelin member. I wasn't ever that bothered when I my my biggest drumming idol, Carl Palmer. They are all just people after all, but having Jason drop JPJ's name in conversation as if he were just talking to him in the other room was a bit a of a shock!!

Here are three more pictures...

Jennys15eraNAMM08day1070.jpg

Jennys15eraNAMM08day1072.jpg

Jennys15eraNAMM08day1075.jpg

Lori, I have just seen your wonderful photos...you lucky, lucky girl. Jason seems so sweet...and talk about fit! Phew!! I adore Percy, but Jason also pushes all the right buttons ;) ..which is why I have showcased him in my sig.

I would love to meet him, and find out about what his dad was like, what he remembers of him.

Jason was a factory rider for Kawasaki in 1980. He placed second in the British Junior National Championships (motorcross racing). Many of his memories involve going to

the scrambles with Bonzo.

He also said his father came into his room in the middle of the night and asked him to

promise he'd carry on playing the drums if something should happen. Bonzo died that

same week. Don't flame me, JASON is the one who said this.

(Source: interview in 'Kerrang! May 1990 issue).

Jason was a factory rider for Kawasaki in 1980. He placed second in the British Junior National Championships (motorcross racing). Many of his memories involve going to

He also said his father came into his room in the middle of the night and asked him to

promise he'd carry on playing the drums if something should happen. Bonzo died that

Wow, wow, wow. Bless him.

38261760lg5.png

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived