I can't believe I paid $250 a ticket.....

xenotoad

...to see B.B.King live the 9th of January, 2008. Actually, my kids paid,since it's my birthday present, but I'm going to pay for my SO's ticket, so he can come with me. Since I didn't make the lottery for Led Zep reunion tickets, seeing B.B. King will have to be my consolation prize.

Anybody here ever pay what seemed like incredible prices for tickets....

...to see B.B.King live the 9th of January, 2008. Actually, my kids paid,since it's my birthday present, but I'm going to pay for my SO's ticket, so he can come with me. Since I didn't make the lottery for Led Zep reunion tickets, seeing B.B. King will have to be my consolation prize.

I paid more than $0.00 to see Tool, that was a mistake.

I didn't go to the Stones concert last fall because the tickets were so expensive--and they sold out within an hour or two...

I truly think one of the only bands in the world I'd pay over $100.00 to see is Zeppelin.

But B.B. King will be good, I'm sure.

The most I've ever paid for a ticket is $95, and that's what I just shelled out to see Springsteen in April. Together, my total was $224, which is 2 tickets and all the various Ticketmaster surcharges. And please spare me the rants about Ticketmaster; I like them, I've never had a problem with them, to me the charges are a minor inconvenience.

I would never pay that kind of money for any show, ever!

The most I ever paid was to see Robert Plant on the Mighty Rearranger tour and that was 90 bucks, but I had to see at least one member of zep in my lifetime and it was front row seats. Totally worth it, what a fantastic show. I went in with average expectations and was blown away.

GettheLedout-sounds like the Tool show was a total disappoint-I really hate to spend good money for an overhyped show that's a total letdown. The only concert I ever went to that I felt way was the KISS 2000 reunion-what a waste! Makes me respect the remaining LZ guys even more for not just dragging the same old stuff out forever & ever until people' d wish they go away.....

I'm really looking forward to BB King-it'll be the 7th time I've seen him live. He just gets better & better.

The most I've ever paid for a ticket is $95, and that's what I just shelled out to see Springsteen in April. Together, my total was $224, which is 2 tickets and all the various Ticketmaster surcharges. And please spare me the rants about Ticketmaster; I like them, I've never had a problem with them, to me the charges are a minor inconvenience.

I refer to them as "inconvenience" charges. Use to, when you stood in line for tix there were no extra charges. For whatever reason, even if you buy your tix directly from the box office these days there's still "convenience" charges. Why? Because Ticketmaster is legal robbery. Afterall, there is a reason why Pearl Jam and several other artists unsuccessfully took them on in recent years. A few years ago a show was canceled, Ticketbastard offered full refunds but you had to pay an extra fee in order to have your money refunded. I don't care who you are, that's fucked up.

The most I've ever paid for a concert was around $200 for Woodstock '94 but that was actually quite reasonable considering the number of bands playing. Otherwise it would have to be $90 per ticket to see The Police recently, before service charges. I'm glad I finally got to see The Police but the cost of tix wasn't worth it, especially considering our seats were in the nosebleed section.

In recent years I've paid in the $150-$200 range to see the Stones, Cream & Van Halen. Unfortunately this seems to be a going rate for the big name acts, and these aren't for tickets in the first 10 rows either. I remember in '85 paying $125 for 3rd row for The Firm at MSG (scalper) & thinking how outrageous that was (of course after the show I thought it was well worth it!)

Last year I paid $120 to see G3 (Joe Satriani, Steve Vai & John Petrucci). I'm still kind of suprised that I did though,, but I can't say it wasn't worth it.

Ticket prices have definitely gone through the roof, it's quite ridiculous.

I remember when my favourite band came around and the tickets were $60, I had never been to a concert before and my parents (who weren't used to paying for more than 10 quid for a gig) thought it was ridiculous so I didn't go. I always thought I'd go next time but then they split up about six months later and looking back, I would've paid all the money I had to see them live.

I can remember when concert tickets were 6 dollars...thought it was an outrage when they went to 10

Wow $250 bucks!! One of my professors and friends saw B.B. King play at the local McMenamins Brewing Company pub, which is a local Northwest Oregon chain of brew pubs. They said that B.B. King only played for like 1 hour and thats it.

Yeah, I saw BB about two years ago and it was $50 a ticket. But it was a great show...

The most I paid for a ticket was $180 to see the Who at the Hollywood Bowl in 2004, and that was worth it... They were box seats, so it was pretty close to the stage and it was an awesome show. They really rocked that night.

And the bonus is that it'll be Jimmy Page's 64th birthday.

We'll all still need him when he's 64, I think.

When concerts were $25 bucks I used to go more often.

I think I payed about $70 for the Terry Bozzio show, but

That was a gift for a down-and-out hard-core Zappa freak who would love to see anyone associated with the man.

And it was his birthday.

I've paid about $100 to see F1, but those tix are for a three day event and often include free shuttle bus rides to the circuit. Compared to some of the shows mentioned above, F1 seems pretty reasonable. I'd never thought of it that way before.

• 1 month later...
...to see B.B.King live the 9th of January, 2008. Actually, my kids paid,since it's my birthday present, but I'm going to pay for my SO's ticket, so he can come with me.

Nice...I saw a good show a couple of years ago in St.Louis at a modern art sculpture park, dont know the spelling but pronounced LOUW (ryhmes with COW) Mer : I believe Laumier Park...anywho it was Joe Bonnamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepard and BB King. It was my first time seeing him, well worth it. Just dont have really high expectations 'cause he's an old guy...obviously it's not like seeing Jimi or anything, but BB is really entertaining, talking, introducing songs, etc. He sits in a chair the whole time, though... probably 'cause he is like, eighty now. Entertainting, to say the least!

Oh yeah, price: $25

Archived