I can't believe I paid $250 a ticket.....

xenotoad

I'm still pissed I didn't buy a passcode off ebay. I remember seeing them for like $300 dollars. I told my parents to not get me a car for my birthday, I wanted to go the show instead. That didn't work. Sorry for my bitching.

I'm still pissed I didn't buy a passcode off ebay. I remember seeing them for like $300 dollars. I told my parents to not get me a car for my birthday, I wanted to go the show instead. That didn't work. Sorry for my bitching.

Was that $300 for a Zeppelin O2 passcode? DON'T EVER BUY A PASSCODE ON EBAY!!! It doesn't guarentee you anything!!

I can remember when concert tickets were 6 dollars...thought it was an outrage when they went to 10

I paid $6.00 for my first concert: Rory Galllagher, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, and Uriah Heep. That was in early 1974.

A few months later, Pink Floyd came to town on the Dark Side Of The Moon tour, Those tix cost $8.00.

Priceless...

;^)

We paid $125/ea to see the Eagles in '02 (floor seats) and it was definitely worth it. The closest we've come to that was ~$65-70/ea for DMB with Neil Young in '01 (also floor seats) and that was well worth it. I paid, I think, upper $30s/ea to see the Police back in '83 and thought that was high (!); I passed on paying $90+/ea this fall to see them again though.

LZ (should they tour) and the Eagles are the only 2 bands I would pay "whatever" to see. Oops, I would also include Fleetwood Mac and/or Stevie Nicks.

Seeing Zeppelin last month was the most I have ever paid for a ticket and that was pretty much face value, booking fee etc !!,. Ticket prices these days are way too high and i am afraid there isn't really anyone other than Zep that can merit the amounts touted nowdays !! I mean there is noway I would pay more than 20 pounds to see say the Stones and as that isn't going to happen I aint going to see them !! I think i am prepared to pay 60 pounds max to see anyone these dyas as have seen most of the high earners and don't need to see them again, I would however pay more for Zeppelin because I think they are worth it !!

Just some random ticket prices from over the years off the top of my head:

Derringer/Foghat/The Outlaws

Mid to late 70s, it was either $6.50 or $7.50 a ticket

R.E.M. with Let's Active

1986 - $17.50

An older brother was sorting through old concert tix a few years ago and found one for the Grateful Dead for 1980 (I think, it was early 80s at least), the price? 10 whopping bucks.

I think the most I've ever paid for a ticket (besides festivals) is $90 for the Police. I've paid up to $80 see R.E.M. on their last tour but thanks to the fanclub one pair of those was in the front row in Atlanta.

Archived