what is the most moving/sad song ever?

Peep Solero

What is in your opinion the most heart moving/sad song you've heard?

I think mine's,

CRANBERRIES - "No Need To Argue"

Oooh, that is a good one. I always end up almost crying in that one.

I also think "Streets of London" by Ralph McTell is heart moving, along with Johnny Cash singing "Hurt".

Other sad and moving ones I can think of:

"Needle of Death" by Bert Jansch...a song about one of his close friends that died from a heroin overdose. Always puts me in a somber mood.

Tears of Rage -- the Band

Unfaithful Servant -- the Band

Off He Goes -- Pearl Jam

Hide and Seek -- Imogen Heap

Nothingman -- Pearl Jam

Black Eyed Dog -- Nick Drake

One Too Many Mornings -- Bob Dylan

Goodnight Elizabeth -- Counting Crows

Holiday in Spain -- Counting Crows

Psalm -- M. Ward

Wagon Wheel -- Old Crow Medicine Show

Soup -- Blind Melon

Don't Follow -- Alice in Chains

That's The Way -- Led Zeppelin

Stormy Monday -- Allman Brothers

Summerteeth -- Wilco

No More Poetry -- Wilco

Rain Song -- Led Zeppelin

Something -- the Beatles

etc., etc.

On the surface this to you might not seem tear jerky but as a personal song it does as the lyrics use to pull my heart at a particular time in my life along time back .....Duran Duran...Odinary World

Adagio for Strings - Samuel Barber.

This was played at the Albert Hall on the 'Last Night of the Proms' not long after 9/11. I was in Hyde Park for 'Proms in the Park' and the whole place was completely silent, just about everyone was crying. It’s always brought a lump to my throat but even more so now that I associate it with those tragic events.

There are lots, of course, but the three that instantly come to mind for me are "Love of My Life", "Who Wants to Live Forever?", and "The Show Must Go On", all by Queen, made even more sad for me because of Freddie's death.

"Stella Blue" and "Brokedown Palace" by the Grateful Dead are also sad/moving for me.

There are lots, of course, but the three that instantly come to mind for me are "Love of My Life", "Who Wants to Live Forever?", and "The Show Must Go On", all by Queen, made even more sad for me because of Freddie's death.

"Stella Blue" and "Brokedown Palace" by the Grateful Dead are also sad/moving for me.

I agree there's an eerie feel to those Queen songs now.

I recently heard What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong, and it was coupled with a film of different images of smiling children..in these times of war, oppression and crime, it is sometimes easy to forget there is some good in the world. It made me shed a few tears...very moving.

Archived