Karaoke!

kidmoon

I know some of you sick bastards love making an ass of yourself in the company of dozens of drunks ... so, what songs do you use to entertain the lushes?

I'm the (tastefully drunk) guy who has to sing Sweet Caroline. :beer:

...and maybe Up On Cripple Creek by the legendary Band.

It happened only once so far (I drink responsibly...well except that one time, and maybe a few others)

I had my rendition of "I will survive" & "It don't imppressin' me much".

people even got up and danced and sang along- so maybe I was good, maybe they were drunker, lolz.

What's Up - 4 Non Blondes

That usually pretty much sums up my feelings when I'm drunk.

I'd pay good money to see that. :D

I also sing Up on Cripple Creek, but the song I sing best is Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash. I also do pretty well with any Elvis song, the one I've done the most is Teddy Bear.

I've got a few....

White Room.....Cream

House of the Rising Sun.....Animals

Too Busy (Thinkin' 'Bout my Baby)....Marvin Gaye

Secret Agent Man.....Johnny Rivers

Long Time Gone.....CSN

Miss You....The Stones

But I never get motivated to sing until I hear Country shit for at least an hour, then I take it upon myself to end the madness. "People !! It's Friday night in Detroit Rock City....we're not supposed to be listening to country crap !!

I like to sing

"Revolution" by the Beatles,

"Heartache Tonight" "The Long Run," and "Take it Easy" by the Eagles,

"I Can Love You Better" by the Dixie Chicks...hey! It's a FUN song! :shame:

"Bron-Y-Aur Stomp," and "Gallows Pole"

"You Shook Me," A/C D/C

I've badly attempted to sing

OTHFA (cringe...I think I gave up halfway through and drank about two beers before it was time to sit down... :lol: )

"Respect" by Aretha Franklin (I had a cold and I think I was too drunk to sing...)

I've learned the hard way that I hate singing duets with a friend--she is tone deaf and doesn't know any words to any songs...it's quite bad...

Geez. Get a few beers in me and hand me a microphone...you never know what you're gonna get...

I've badly attempted to sing

"Respect" by Aretha Franklin (I had a cold and I think I was too drunk to sing...)

That's no excuse;so did she when she cut the original.....

I sang "Roadhouse Blues" at a Christmas party;to a very positive reaction-or so I'm told-you'll have to ask Firekisses..

I've sung "Mama Tried";the Merle Haggard song,and I once got a standing ovation at Big Peckers' in Ocean City,Maryland after singing "It's Only Rock-N-Roll"

There is a theater in Boston called the Charles Playhouse that hosts a permanent installation of Blue Man Group and also a famous improv murder mystery called "Shear Madness". The bar at the theater hosts a karaoke night on Fridays that is the place to see and be seen for the Boston Theater scene. Richard Dreyfuss dropped in one night. (Not while I was there, but it made the paper.) So I started going with my actor friends and that was how I discovered I enjoy Karaoke, kinda thought that it was a bit cheesy before that. Here's a picture of me and my friend John performing a duet of Outkast's "Hey Ya".

DSC01325.jpg

Not to brag, but we regularly bring down the house with this one.

That's no excuse;so did she when she cut the original.....

I sang "Roadhouse Blues" at a Christmas party;to a very positive reaction-or so I'm told-you'll have to ask Firekisses..

I've sung "Mama Tried";the Merle Haggard song,and I once got a standing ovation at Big Peckers' in Ocean City,Maryland after singing "It's Only Rock-N-Roll"

You did an outstanding job of singing that song. The employees of the company talked about it for days afterwards. Of course after you sang, you proceeded to do your own impression of Jim and ran a little heavy on the rock and roll nectar! :D

"Shake it, shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture!"

:lol:

"Lend me some sugah, I am yo neighba!" :lol:

We've done that one about half a dozen times. That picture was from a bar called the Clamdigger on Cape Cod. I'm the one on the right, BTW.

Though I'm prepared to sing that particular song even when I'm sober. No big deal.

It's a good song, I've forgotten her name but she writes for Pink these days . . .

. . . but c'mon, take a free drink when you can get it.

beerbros.gif

I think the song I covered most in college was Been Down So Long by the Doors... Good times.

Two songs I remember fucking up royally:

Tumblin' Dice (the stones) -- I think I sang a half of one verse correctly. How I did this with the words right in front of me I'll never know.

and

Piano Man (billy joel) -- This was a duet and, while well within the range of my female partner, God did not ever intend for me to "sing" this tune. If I'd have been sober, I'm sure I'd have been embarrassed. :drunk:

Or if it's an 80's night, White Wedding.

B)

Every night is 80s night... On that note, a song that always brings the house down is Take On Me (A-Ha). It doesn't even matter if one has the range to successfully sing it -- this tune is hilarious.

I love scaryoke...I'll sing anything but some of my favorites to do are

like a rolling stone

come together(or any beatles song really)

hush

any old alice cooper

Ohio

long time gone

man of constant sorrow

there's tons more...sometimes I bite off more than I can chew but hey..it's scaryoke

once me & a friend decided to pick each other's songs without the other one knowing what they were...he got to sing dancing queen after he made me do genie in a bottle :D

Archived