Robert Plant says Radiohead “crap”

KEVIN

http://www.nme.com/news/tabloid-hell/33768

Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant labelled Radiohead “crap” while out drinking in north London at the weekend, according to The Sun’s Buzarre column.

According to the paper, Plant was drinking with a woman and demanded that the music playing in the pub was changed.

Apparently Plant described Radiohead as “rhyming crap”, and also rubbished Red Hot Chili Peppers (whose music he likened to a nursery rhyme) before settling on Captain Beefheart.

Is this true,or isn't it? As a fan of Radiohead[and R.P obviously..] I hope not. If he doesn't like them,it makes no difference ,though. No one has actually disproved this, in the same way that The Sun probably can't actually prove it,either.All we're left with,as so often here, is assertion and counter-assertion. Oh well..

the one thing that has always gotten under my skin about RP, is his need to constantly put down other bands.

I don't know if what is said above is really true. Who knows. But I would agree, he does seem to voice his disapproval often. He could go a little easier on some people, like for example... Rod Stewart? (But then again, I don't know Rod personally, maybe he's an a$$)

Edited by allthekingshorses

I sometimes wonder if it's the management behind all of it trying to provoke and agitate people so they can manipulate everyone, but I really would like to think they are above all of that. Someone is behind all those tabloid press releases. :coffee:

Am I wrong? Somehow I can't see Robert "demanding" that the music in a pub be changed. I can imagine him saying he doesn't like a band, but "demanding" that their music be turned off...? That doesn't seem like him. Is it?

I have seen him demand that a hotel should hire more minorities; I think he has been demanding in the past.

Edited by eternal light

Am I wrong? Somehow I can't see Robert "demanding" that the music in a pub be changed. I can imagine him saying he doesn't like a band, but "demanding" that their music be turned off...? That doesn't seem like him. Is it?

I can't see it either, eskimo.

I was just joking in my first post above, in anticipation of Radiohead fans getting their knickers in a twist. :D

I´m such a boring old fart that I have never actually heard Radiohead´s music. I know they are supposed to be a great band and that their best known album is called "OK Computer".

But what kind of music do they play? Anyone care to enlighten me?

Radiohead play progressive highly polished psych rock. They are good at what they do, but I prefer them not.

People who do like Radiohead also like recent Flaming Lips albums, Pink Floyd, Queen and Led Zeppelin. You know, the lowest common denominator of what we all like. People that see Radiohead live sing their praises. What irks me about them is the rack mounted processed cheese guitar sound and the Dave Matthews type falsetto that singer Thom Yorke employs. Since this band is a favorite amoung my musician friends I try and keep my negative opinion to myself.

The Silly Peppers on the other hand haven't been worth a damn since Hillel Slovak died, and I don't mind saying so. Californication = corny Yuck!

I hope Robert stuck it to both these bands good.

That was my first thought too Eskimo. Glad to hear my suspicions of it being crap were confirmed. He's actually praised many new and up and coming bands over the years.

I take anything that's published in "The Sun" with a shovelful of salt. And that's only because I'm far too refined to use it to wipe my bottom with! ;)

(For the benefit of non-Brits, it's a tabloid "newspaper" (I use the term loosely) which is one of several known for its' sensationalist claptrap.)

Oh hang on a minute, maybe "claptrap" is a peculiarly British expression as well ... ??? Oh what the heck - "claptrap" = rubbish/nonsense/total bollocks, etc etc ... you get the picture!

[edit: remove typo]

Edited by Lilith