Robert Plant says Radiohead “crap”

KEVIN

I could hear The Big Daddycat Lions Roar from here! Let there be Beefheart! Look..theres a blimp...blimp...blimp...the Mothership....all in the face of a fish! (ha,ha,ha,I gotcha ) I think those who really want To see Robert have his hearts desire , a truely Magical Reason to do more shows with The rest of Zeppelin ought to really say so on this Forum! hmmmmmmmm.......... lets see theres an interesting thread on here about this years Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame inductees......any one say Cohen?Dylan? mind as well Say Beefheart. You never know who is reading this stuff,or maybe the Mystic just recieved it from the air? Try ,try, try to understand he`s a magic man mama!

Why ? & Why not ? Maybe it may take a little thinking?

Edited by lajoie

http://www.nme.com/news/tabloid-hell/33768

Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant labelled Radiohead “crap” while out drinking in north London at the weekend, according to The Sun’s Buzarre column.

According to the paper, Plant was drinking with a woman and demanded that the music playing in the pub was changed.

Apparently Plant described Radiohead as “rhyming crap”, and also rubbished Red Hot Chili Peppers (whose music he likened to a nursery rhyme) before settling on Captain Beefheart.

Wow I didn't realize the controversy this story would generate here. I scan the internet and look for relevant stories and post them for the board. Generaly I don't comment on the accuracy, I just let the community decide.

Far be it from me to splash a little gas on this campfire I started............

One thing I do find funny if this story is true are the following lyrics..........

Catch the wind see us spin,

Sail away leave the day,

Way up high in the sky.

But the wind won't blow,

You really shouldn't go,

It only goes to show.

That you will be mine,

By taking our time.

And if you say to me tomorrow,

Oh what fun it all would be,

Then what's to stop us pretty baby,

But what is and what should never be.

Sail away leave the day,

Way up high in the sky.

But the wind won't blow,

You really shouldn't go,

It only goes to show.

That you will be mine,

By taking our time.

Wow I didn't realize the controversy this story would generate here. I scan the internet and look for relevant stories and post them for the board. Generaly I don't comment on the accuracy, I just let the community decide.

Far be it from me to splash a little gas on this campfire I started............

One thing I do find funny if this story is true are the following lyrics..........

Sail away leave the day,

Way up high in the sky.

But the wind won't blow,

You really shouldn't go,

It only goes to show.

That you will be mine,

By taking our time.

And if you say to me tomorrow,

Oh what fun it all would be,

Then what's to stop us pretty baby,

But what is and what should never be.

Sail away leave the day,

Way up high in the sky.

But the wind won't blow,

You really shouldn't go,

It only goes to show.

That you will be mine,

By taking our time.

I think that Robert was mostly upset about The: "C*R*A*P" part :duel: perhaps!

Edited by lajoie

So it's okay to post the link now?

:lol: gosh Honey, I'm so flattered that you think I have the say on whether a link should or should not be posted. I'm not in charge, I was just passing comment about the ridiculousness of the whole "news" article. Oh but wait - you aren't reading my posts are you? So :P:P:P;)

He must hate ol Roddy. He does indeed trash Rod at many, many occasion. And of course "He's allowed his opinion" jeez. But I truly don't get such harsh words over and over about Rod.

Just because he has had smash hit LP's doing what Robert considers "cabert." :blink:

Rod's voice went through hell and back having cancer removed. I will gladly admit to loving alot of Rod's work.

I LOVE his voice, and he hasn't done anything THAT different than Robert....trying different genres he never had.

Let's see, how many LP's of Rods went Platinum in the first weeks????? :huh:

I'll stick up for Rod. :wub:

To each their own.

And besides...Rod has soooo many hot ex's and little babies popping out so often, he pretty much might HAVE to "flirt with cabert!" :lol:

:lol: that's funny Hot Plant. And I like Rod Stewart. Kinda like I like the Leprechan(that's for Franco) But certainly not like I Love Robert Plant. ;)

As for Rod and all his children, you gotta love the clip of his daughter and Paris on the red carpet... when she loses control of the motorcycle and wipes out... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94mGl-aEK0E

this isn't the best clip, but it's the only one I could find.

lol. I was waiting for someone to write that. Yoiu know what? I don't like a lot of Beatles and Stones but I have reasons and I can express exactly why. But I am not a famous musician so my opinion isn't worth shit I suppose, lol
IT IS rather nice however that these famous musicians give you an oppertunity to express your self on thier official website forum ---and YES, what you have to say does matter!

The Chili Peppers are my other favorite band and I post on one of their message boards somewhat frequently. I did a lot more when they were touring last year and bootlegs were being posted. :P

Anyway, they're talking about this over there. I'm EverybodysEskimo and I always piss people off by saying bad things about Anthony Kiedis. It's all in jest but every now and again someone takes it seriously and calls me mean names. *tear

I thought you guys might like to check it out!

http://stadium-arcadium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16613

The Chili Peppers are my other favorite band and I post on one of their message boards somewhat frequently. I did a lot more when they were touring last year and bootlegs were being posted. :P

Anyway, they're talking about this over there. I'm EverybodysEskimo and I always piss people off by saying bad things about Anthony Kiedis. It's all in jest but every now and again someone takes it seriously and calls me mean names. *tear

I thought you guys might like to check it out!

http://stadium-arcadium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16613

I thought I was everybody's eskimo. Guess not... :'(