Robert Plant says Radiohead “crap”

KEVIN

the one thing that has always gotten under my skin about RP, is his need to constantly put down other bands.

In reality, I'm sure Robert doesn't mind listening to Radiohead and the Chilli Peppers even if he doens't like them, Robert was just demanding and rude to the bar 'cause I guess he was a little too drunk that night or something.

Robert and other famous musicians do have a right to an opinion if they want! If we can hate on other bands, so can the famous musicians!

LOL, but I can see it happening thought

Radiohead's "Creep" cues in the jukebox...

ROBERT: "What the hell is that crap? Turn that Radiohead shit off and put something different on"

Chilli Peppers "Under the Bridge" comes on the jukebox...

ROBERT: "What the fuck? This sounds like a damn nursery rhyme. Put on my Captain Beefhart, prick!"

Edited by ZeppelinRocks2007

http://www.nme.com/news/tabloid-hell/33768

Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant labelled Radiohead “crap” while out drinking in north London at the weekend, according to The Sun’s Buzarre column.

According to the paper, Plant was drinking with a woman and demanded that the music playing in the pub was changed.

Apparently Plant described Radiohead as “rhyming crap”, and also rubbished Red Hot Chili Peppers (whose music he likened to a nursery rhyme) before settling on Captain Beefheart.

Well that's Excellent..... some one telling it like it is !!!!! B):D

You (you meaning RP) doesn't have to blow out anybody else's candles to make his shine brighter.

Uh, don't we do something similar here when we compare/contrast zep to other bands?

Even if that rumor was true, isn't RP entitled to his opinion like many of us?

Just wondering........

Edited by myledzep

Exactly. (That's why I was joking in my first post. Which I wish I hadn't, now! :lol: )

Edit: The "exactly" referred to myledzep's first post about tabloids. I seem to be having ridiculous trouble making myself understood in this thread! *shoots self*

Edited by Aquamarine

If it's true, which all tabloid crap is grossly exaggerated or fiction, then I'm glad to find I have something in common with Robert Plant. While sitting in a tavern with friends after drinking a few beers I said too loudly, after the 40th Garth/Kenny/Billy-Bob-Ray crap that was playing, "What is with this shit music, can't they play something good?" My friends got mad at me for being obnoxious but at least I didn't make the local rag. So both Robert and I are vocal about having to listen to music we don't like, when drinking. :drunk:

Haha I love Captain Beefheart. :P

Anyway, I doubt this is true, but if it is, talk about the most accurate description of the Chili Peppers ever! Nursery rhyme lol. The Chilis are actually one of my favorite bands and I've loved them forever, but their lyrics are beyond ridiculous. It's like the kind of crap I came up with in third grade when I needed two words that rhymed during the poetry unit. I mean:

"Ticky ticky tackita tic tac toe, I know everybody's eskimo"

"Riding down the path on the back of a giraffe, Me and the giraffe laughed 'cause I passed some gas"

"I've got a mellowship, I've got a fellowship, I've got a nonstop "yo swan" hello chip"

"Hump de bump doop bodu, Bump de hump doop bop, Hump de bump doop bodu"

"Hey oh, listen what I say oh"

Yep, those are quality, meaningful lyrics, are they not? Methinks Anthony Kiedis gets his lyrics from things he sees on the back of a cereal box.

I don't know if what is said above is really true. Who knows. But I would agree, he does seem to voice his disapproval often. He could go a little easier on some people, like for example... Rod Stewart? (But then again, I don't know Rod personally, maybe he's an a$)

Yes. Thank you. Well put.

I just finished The Definitive Bio by Ritchie Yorke, and throughout the entire book, RP put's down other bands.

Whenever I hear him speak, he usually has to put somebody (band) else down.

I dont' see why he has to do this. It's just not necessary.

He must hate ol Roddy. He does indeed trash Rod at many, many occasion. And of course "He's allowed his opinion" jeez. But I truly don't get such harsh words over and over about Rod.

Just because he has had smash hit LP's doing what Robert considers "cabaret." :blink:

Rod's voice went through hell and back having cancer removed. I will gladly admit to loving alot of Rod's work.

I LOVE his voice, and he hasn't done anything THAT different than Robert....trying different genres he never had.

Let's see, how many LP's of Rods went Platinum in the first weeks????? :huh:

I'll stick up for Rod. :wub:

To each their own.

And besides...Rod has soooo many hot ex's and little babies popping out so often, he pretty much might HAVE to "flirt with cabaret!" :lol:

Edited....finally for that stupid mistake.....:bagoverhead:

Edited by Hotplant

come on, let's face it, r head are second rate, just that people are starved of good music, and when r head become seuccessful, people thought they we great, when they are in actual fact a second rate p floyd.

I love Radiohead. I'm not starved of good music. I think there's tons of good new music out there. Don't get the comparison to Pink Floyd at all. Oh well.

He must hate ol Roddy. He does indeed trash Rod at many, many occasion. And of course "He's allowed his opinion" jeez. But I truly don't get such harsh words over and over about Rod.

Just because he has had smash hit LP's doing what Robert considers "cabert." :blink:

Rod's voice went through hell and back having cancer removed. I will gladly admit to loving alot of Rod's work.

I LOVE his voice, and he hasn't done anything THAT different than Robert....trying different genres he never had.

Let's see, how many LP's of Rods went Platinum in the first weeks????? :huh:

I'll stick up for Rod. :wub:

To each their own.

And besides...Rod has soooo many hot ex's and little babies popping out so often, he pretty much might HAVE to "flirt with cabert!" :lol:

I don't see why he would have a problem with cabert. :lol: