Robert Plant says Radiohead “crap”

KEVIN

Yes. Thank you. Well put.

I just finished The Definitive Bio by Ritchie Yorke, and throughout the entire book, RP put's down other bands.

Whenever I hear him speak, he usually has to put somebody (band) else down.

I dont' see why he has to do this. It's just not necessary.

I have a book by Ritchie Yorke; it's a great one. It's best to just ignore Robert Plant when he makes those remarks about other bands; it's just the way he is. It's a good thing I know how take my mind off him. :lol:

All a person has to do to find out the main gossiper types on the board is to look at this thread !!!!

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Ooops...i just posted too.....:blush:

Who gives a fleep flying fuck anyway ? Lots here it appears ! :D

C'mon Joelmon, you know you wanna. :kiss:

I have a book by Ritchie Yorke; it's a great one. It's best to just ignore Robert Plant when he makes those remarks about other bands; it's just the way he is. It's a good thing I know how take my mind off him. :lol:

All I was trying to say is that a man of Roberts caliber doesn't need to compare himself to other bands and put them down in the process. I didn't mean to start a war. :hippy:

I realize that is the way he is. I just wish he would realize that it isn't necessary. We all know he is great and most everyone else is second at best.

I could hear The Big Daddycat Lions Roar from here! Let there be Beefheart! Look..theres a blimp...blimp...blimp...the Mothership....all in the face of a fish! (ha,ha,ha,I gotcha ) I think those who really want To see Robert have his hearts desire , a truely Magical Reason to do more shows with The rest of Zeppelin ought to really say so on this Forum! hmmmmmmmm.......... lets see theres an interesting thread on here about this years Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame inductees......any one say Cohen?Dylan? mind as well Say Beefheart. You never know who is reading this stuff,or maybe the Mystic just recieved it from the air? Try ,try, try to understand he`s a magic man mama!

All I was trying to say is that a man of Roberts caliber doesn't need to compare himself to other bands and put them down in the process. I didn't mean to start a war. :hippy:

I realize that is the way he is. I just wish he would realize that it isn't necessary. We all know he is great and most everyone else is second at best.

Yet, he does it anyway; that's just Robert reminding everyone he is still around and still has his own ideas about things. Sometimes I think he wants to stimulate a reaction from people that way, to keep things from getting dull. He probably kept his mum busy when he was little trying to get attention the same way. I've learned to just give up fretting over it.

It reminds me of when people push others out of the way to make space on the stage to be sure they are seen.

But there's another reason; it's an attempt to raise the state-of-the-art by discouraging mediocrity. He rejects some of the work others do for lack of quality. He can't idly sit by while others wallow in murkiness; he has the urge to enlighten them and raise their consciousness. Maybe it's a teaching instinct, not merely a competitive one.

I've already there !!!

But I can be guided to darker terrain ! :shifty:

That's my nieces name....pretty....Malia !

I guess this stuff should be PM....so I need to qualify most post...

I'd like it if Robert lashes out like this...I happen to like Radiohead...but don't care for Rod the Mod past his earlier Faces and Jeff Beck daze....:D

WELL then! I hate you.

:P;)

yeah..J/K :rolleyes:

Golly geez, you're allowed to dislike anyone .

Admit he was great in Faces...small or not.

http://www.nme.com/news/tabloid-hell/33768

Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant labelled Radiohead “crap” while out drinking in north London at the weekend, according to The Sun’s Buzarre column.

According to the paper, Plant was drinking with a woman and demanded that the music playing in the pub was changed.

Apparently Plant described Radiohead as “rhyming crap”, and also rubbished Red Hot Chili Peppers (whose music he likened to a nursery rhyme) before settling on Captain Beefheart.

I could not agree more. I saw radiohead at red rocks and I couldn't understand why people were going apeshit over them. Luckily I didn't pay for the ticket.

I'm a longtime fan of Jeff Beck's Truth, but have never given the Small Faces a chance. Would anybody like to suggest an LP, perhaps a psychedelic one?

edit..whoops, just noticed the thread topic. How did we get so off topic? I've never read of Robert slagging Rod, myself. He does seem to get more aggressive towards power singers that might get compared to him. (Bluey Clueless was an 80's fav) I wonder what he thinks of Chris Robinson.

Edited by rokarolla

I´m such a boring old fart that I have never actually heard Radiohead´s music. I know they are supposed to be a great band and that their best known album is called "OK Computer".

But what kind of music do they play? Anyone care to enlighten me?

The closest I can describe it is maybe like a modern-day version of Pink Floyd.

OK Computer is a great album. Not so impressed with their other stuff.

If Plant likes Captain Beefheart (whose songs are eclectic and witty) he might like Radiohead as well given the right circumstances.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers haven't been good since Blood Sugar Sex Magik where all they put out on the radio is Lite Rock.

Methinks Percy was polluted with the drink and talking out of his @$$.

In reality, I'm sure Robert doesn't mind listening to Radiohead and the Chilli Peppers even if he doens't like them, Robert was just demanding and rude to the bar 'cause I guess he was a little too drunk that night or something.

Robert and other famous musicians do have a right to an opinion if they want! If we can hate on other bands, so can the famous musicians!

LOL, but I can see it happening thought

Radiohead's "Creep" cues in the jukebox...

ROBERT: "What the hell is that crap? Turn that Radiohead shit off and put something different on"

Chilli Peppers "Under the Bridge" comes on the jukebox...

ROBERT: "What the fuck? This sounds like a damn nursery rhyme. Put on my Captain Beefhart, prick!"

BTW, I love Robert but if he spoke to me this way (calling me or any of my friends prick)...rock god or not...I probably would have told him to shut the fuck up...it's not his bar or jukeboz....but again, I think this story is BS...probably someone who looked like him and said he was Plant (remember the story of some kid pulled a knife on someone...when arrested, he said he was RP....it got published in the papers that it was RP...so again, it probably wasn't him)...everyone who has met RP has told me he is a very friendly and modest guy. I don't think he would act this way unless he was very, very drunk!!!

Ridiculous how a thread can go on and on , so what if Robert said that ? the man is entitled to his opinion. Seems that all we do is sit around here and spout our opinions ( myself included). The Sun is a rag, don't believe everything you read, again , if he said it...who cares ! This isn't a Radiohead site !

Did the Sun have a picture to go with this story? I think not, which tells me they are all lies & you can't believe a word of it. Except maybe for the part about Robert Plant liking Captain Beefheart, of course, as they have both always been way ahead of their time.