Pre-Show Pub Parties?

Just wondering if there will be a few pubs that us Zeppelin fans can get together and share a few pints? Please respond with any rock n roll friendly pub locations in Central London or next to O2 arena, any pubs that are planning Zeppelin events or any intentions to form a Zeppelin pub crawl or something etc.... Lets make this more than a show since many of us are travelling "Over the hills and far away!"

On the old board their was a lot of discussion about meeting at the Pilot's Inn in Greenwich, within walking distance to the Dome. I'm going down on the Sunday morning and staying over till Thursday night so if anyone wants to meet and party before or after the concert then BRING IT ON. :cheer:

I'm sure closer to the date lots of things will get sorted out. But it would be special if those with tickets get together in the arena bar areas and maybe those who are standing form a little group inside during the concert.

Since the date change of the concert I will probably not be able to come on the sun night :( , can't get to the Pilot inn untill about 6pm on the night. But am determined to be their or near their on the night !! So hopefully meet a few of you. :)

Since the date change of the concert I will probably not be able to come on the sun night :( , can't get to the Pilot inn untill about 6pm on the night. But am determined to be their or near their on the night !! So hopefully meet a few of you. :)

Why? We need you there mate. What's changed?

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/10/...North_Greenwich

the pilot in greenwich is your best bet. it is only a short walk to the dome and sells real beer at realistic (Albeit london prices).

a good place to be in the afternoon before the show.

there are bars inside the dome but they are always heaving and opperate a queuing system to get in!

once through the ticket barriers to the main arena there are plenty of standing bars which usually opperate fairly efficiently, however the choice is limited to eurofiz and standard "cooking"

ok for beers just before "kick off" but not a place to spend much time.

if you are an O2 phone customer you can fast track through the O2 bars (Bottles only)

GOOD NEWS..... you can take beer into the area (or at least you could for the stones)

Please note. Dont choose to stock up if you are the guy in front of me.

so much information on drinking...perhaps i got my priorities wrong?

so much information on drinking...perhaps i got my priorities wrong?

Ha ha! Your priorities are just correct.

One of the essential ingredients of this magic night will be a couple of good pints in the stomach.

Since I'm from Sweden this will be my first pint. Over here the only serve "stor stark", a big strong and it's only 500 ml instead of the pint's 586 ml. (According to Wiki).

My concert buddy and I discussed this last night and we talked about the chances of being beaten up and robbed by someone jealous of us for getting tickets.

Maybe you shouldn't go around flashing the wrist band. :unsure:

They'll be heaving before the gig mind.

What about the Sunday night? Anyone staying in central London? I was hoping there might be a decent gig on, doesn't look like it though.

Yes, I'll be staying in Bloomsbury, central London, a few blocks from the Gower street tube. Would be interested in having a few pints. No info on any gigs yet, but I am hoping that we'll get some good info on any Zep pub events in this thread. I am flying from Los Angeles to Barcelona Spain and I'll be in London from the 8th till the night of the 12th. I am really interested in organizing all night Zeppelin themed pub crawls and hotel bashes. Lets make this an event to remember!

...Ditto...well not quite Toronto...Georgetown.

I'm coming from near Barrie, but I'm heading to London then hopefully straight to Amsterdam first for 4 days or so then back to London.

I've heard the Generator is a good hostel, if anyone needs a cheaper place to stay. I'm thinking of checking it out when I get to London on Dec 4th.

There are a few shows happening around London on the 8th & 9th. The Kings of Leon, Artic Monkeys and Gorgo Bordello are all performing. They are not Led Zep but would be a cool warm up show if you run into the right party girls. See ya at the show. Coming from LA.,Ca.

Archived