Jimi Vs. Jimmy

Swan  Song

everyone would win. a rainbow emanating from their headstock would arch over us all. peace would rain from around it. the lion would lie with the sheep. there would be no more need for gold, everything would be free.

I like Jimi, but i love Jimmy. It's hard to argue agaist either one. But i always say Jimmy is the Best Guitarist who doesnt sing, in winch i think Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn gets too much credit for that. I think they are both equal. but Jimmy has a broader range of styles, and Hendrix died young which added to his popularity.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Hendrix Vs. Page

Who would win in a guitar battle?

I personally think Page would win.

How's it going "Swan Song?" To be honest, I would choose Hendrix over Pagey with Pagey coming in a very close second. Hendrix re-revolutionized the guitar and how it would be played. Pagey, as well as all of the fellow British and American guitar players, copied a lot of Hendrix's guitar playing style after Hendrix came on the music scene in 1966-67. The real question here is how would PRINCE have done against Pagey and Hendrix considering that PRINCE was voted second all-time greatest guitarist under Hendrix with Pagey voted third under PRINCE? ROCK ON!

Jimi was probably more unique and influential, but Jimmy was more diverse and able to show much more emotion and excitement in his playing.

No other guitarist has encouraged so many to take up the instrument as Page did

No other guitarist has encouraged so many to take up the instrument as Page did

Proof please?

I didn't think so.

I guess Buddy Holly,Scotty Moore and Chuck Berry,not to mention Les Paul himself, were inspired by Page,not the other way around then?

That is a statement which could never be proven.

Proof please?

I didn't think so.

I guess Buddy Holly,Scotty Moore and Chuck Berry,not to mention Les Paul himself, were inspired by Page,not the other way around then?

That is a statement which could never be proven.

So many more people play guitar today than in the past. Look at the popularity of guitar hero for instance.(Even with the rise of hip hop music!)

We live in much bigger world today.

Zeppelin sheet music is very popular and besides Jimmy sold more albums than the guitarists you cited combined. It is through albums that people get hooked on guitar

So many more people play guitar today than in the past. Look at the popularity of guitar hero for instance.(Even with the rise of hip hop music!)

We live in much bigger world today.

Zeppelin sheet music is very popular and besides Jimmy sold more albums than the guitarists you cited combined. It is through albums that people get hooked on guitar

None of which proves your original statement.

Lol, my way of comparing and defining the better out of 2 guitarists is rather complicated.

I judge on four things:

• Innovation & Creativity
  • Versatility
  • Feeling/emotion
  • Technical ability

For Innovation and Creativity, they both score pretty high.

For Versatility, Jimmy Page definetely scores higher than Hendrix.

For Feeling/emotion, they can both put lots of emotion into their playing, but Hendrix scores higher on this one.

For Technical Ability, I'd say Page scores higher.. just.

In this comparison, Jimmy Page wins apparently.

My favourite guitarist was always Jimmy Page anyway.

Archived