Whats up now?!

I read in RS I believe, a statement by JPJ saying Robert didn't sing much in rehearsal because he had AK promo shows and didn't want to blow his voice. This is after lowering most of the songs a whole step in key. The AK tour is the type of singing he seems most able to do night in night out, and I really question whether he is willing to risk 10 more good years for an 18 month blaze of glory with the Zeppelin, Led. I am hopeful for more one-offs and maybe some studio work. I am not hopeful that studio work will be great because of Walking into Clarksdale, and how Robert came up with the appropriate vocal gymnastics ON THE ROAD. Meaning, in a Zep context, new material would need road work to be truly successful. I haven't given up on Roo. However, if I were Zep, I would want to play for the wild hearts of rock in Boston and Brazil. They're really rockin in South America, aren't they!

The O2 concert i was at on dec 10th there was no key lowering in Roberts voice my friend.

Any one who listens to Ak has probally heard about Zep and not vise versa untill now was all im saying i have to agree though she isnt helping him as much and hes pushing her fame, to be honest i would have not bought the album if plant was not on it and im sure alot of other people think the same way. The reason its a good album though is because they are both on it. But to sit there and say shes intruducing him to a new fan base... he was making fans before she was born and they know of plant and if they dont... well then keep listening to that AK & RP because theres no hope for you.

I agree that hes more then a vocalist to, he is a man who uses words and emotion to the bands advantage. Hes amazing, Because every part in his life no matter if his voice changed or the challenges he faced he still is the worlds best fucking front man hands down.

If AK was to stop performing this year, would millions of her fans still be holding their breath hoping for a return in 2035? Of course not - they would have quickly moved on to the next newest flavor within a year or two. That's what fans of todays music do - always looking for something different. Whatever...

You mean the Alison Krauss with 20 Grammys and counting?

Wow, 20 Grammys to RP's one? That's pretty amazing! Alison Krauss is so talented, just of a different genre of music than most Zep fans are familiar with (me excluded, having Tennessee hillbilly roots). It gets me that people are STILL complaining about RP touring with her! Get a life and go see the show, it will be incredible!

Any one who listens to Ak has probally heard about Zep and not vise versa untill now was all im saying i have to agree though she isnt helping him as much and hes pushing her fame, to be honest i would have not bought the album if plant was not on it and im sure alot of other people think the same way. The reason its a good album though is because they are both on it. But to sit there and say shes intruducing him to a new fan base... he was making fans before she was born and they know of plant and if they dont... well then keep listening to that AK & RP because theres no hope for you.

I disagree. I am sure some of her fans are aware of Robert but maybe more familiar with his work with Zep than on his own just as some of Robert's fans (myself included) who knew who Alison Krauss was but until this project was in the works, I hadn't heard any of her work. I think it's likely both of their fans have been introduced to each other and it has nothing to do with how old either of them are.

If AK was to stop performing this year, would millions of her fans still be holding their breath hoping for a return in 2035? Of course not - they would have quickly moved on to the next newest flavor within a year or two. That's what fans of todays music do - always looking for something different. Whatever...

Alison is not some fly by night performer. She's extremely well respected as a fiddle player and singer. She didn't get 20 Grammys because she's a flavor of the moment. She's been around for a while and I suspect her fans WOULD be upset if she stopped performing.

Not in bluegrass circles, he wasn't!

Clearly someone here is clueless to the wider world! Plant boosting Allison's career??? This is a collaboration of two highly respected artists. To imply an agenda is dumber than dumb is. I was an Allsion Krauss fan long before they united. She earned my respect and appreciation as an artist long before she hooked up with Plant. Raising Sand is not my first AK related purchase by a long shot, and it won't be my last, as long as she's producing music.

This just in: Jerry Douglas thinks you're a moron. :beer:

Look him up.

Equally there will be Krauss fans listening to Plant for the first time because he's with her.

Works both ways doesn't it? It opens up new fanbases for both of the and what's wrong with that?

I have never thought that Alison is in the way of Zep cos his work with her preceded any reunion talk let alone concert or tour and Robert has long been reticent and reluctant to reform LZ and it was nothing to go with AK. I think some people are being unfair to her about this.

And to those who think/say Robert cam't tour with heavier use of his voice hasn't seen him live with Strange Sensation over the past few years.

EXCATLY Paul, now there's four or more who agree!

I DO hope he does return with SS in the future, they are great.

many people here in argentina are convinced that zepp will tour the country this year. i`ve heard a guy who works as a ticket seller that they are playing in september. I really don`t beleive it, since here in argentina there is always speculation when big bands reform or tour in the nearby.]

Archived