The 80's...

eagle87

Except for Guns n' Roses, all of those bands were formed in the 70s.

As for bands actually formed (and/or who first released their first album) in the 80s, my list of favorites would go something like this:

R.E.M.

U2

10,000 Maniacs

The Replacements

The Long Ryders

Del Fuegos

The Radiators<<<<<<<<< :D

Lone Justice

Los Lobos

David Lindley & El Rayo-X

Indigo Girls

Uncle Tupelo

Drivin' n' Cryin'

Guadalcanal Diary

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble

Ah, Radiators

Local boys are pretty good. Ever hear of Cowboy Mouth?

Ah, Radiators

Local boys are pretty good.

I have Law of the Fish on vinyl but haven't had access to my collection in forever so I finally caved and sought out a used copy online. I still love certain songs on it but some of it hasn't held up so well over the years. They'll be passing through my neck of the woods soon, I'd love to finally make good on seeing them live after all of these years of being a fan.

Ever hear of Cowboy Mouth?

Yes, I have.

Hey Rob! Just awful what happened at the last place I saw you. When I check back occasionally, it's like a graveyard - with one idiot still ranting to himself there. A disgrace to that band, I would say! Very active forum here - and you don't feel like you have leave just because you think a little different. Be well, and let it all hang out!

:rolleyes: I know where you're comin' from man.....it's a real pity though! :)

Zappa (ofcourse!)

The Cure

Joy Division

Killing Joke

The Cars (discovered em recently, kicks ass)

The Clash

Sonic Youth

INXS

Metallica

Slayer

Sepultura

Anthrax

REM

Amen to that

Except Clash (70's band) and Slayer (don't like karaoke/playback bands :lol:)

Hey dragster, have you heard The Victims (pre- Hodoo Gurus)? I love their "Television Addict"! I guess that's a 70's band though. I've been trying to find a Victims compilation, but they're hard to find (on vinyl).

Hey dragster, have you heard The Victims (pre- Hodoo Gurus)? I love their "Television Addict"! I guess that's a 70's band though. I've been trying to find a Victims compilation, but they're hard to find (on vinyl).

Hi man....I know Dave Faulkner's Hoodoo Gurus very well (really love 1,000 miles away and Linda Sue Dixon!! :) ), but I vaguely know the Victims.......did you try googling them?! :)...thanx for the heads up!

Rob

Hi man....I know Dave Faulkner's Hoodoo Gurus very well (really love 1,000 miles away and Linda Sue Dixon!! :) ), but I vaguely know the Victims.......did you try googling them?! :)...thanx for the heads up!

Rob

Yeah, Dave was in Victims as well. Hoodoo Gurus was great too.

There's a myspace page for Victims Right Here

Listen to Television Addict, I love that song. It's been covered by The Hellacopters, if you've heard of them. Victims is straight "'77 punk", not far from The Damned and Buzzcocks.

There are a lot of Austrailan bands that I like, Radio Birdman, Stems, The Master's Apprentices and, of course, Easybeats! :D

I have a 60's comp called "Ugly Things" with a bunch of obscure bands too, really great stuff!

Archived