The Hemp Closet (Remastered)

bigstickbonzo

Many moons ago, when Bong-Man was still a wee lad....when 4:20 was still just a time of day....there was a thing called the "Ann-Arbor Hash-Bash". This event was held for the first time on April 1st, 1972....at High Noon (4:20pm was way too hard for these folks to remember, and they weren't into watches). It was originally planned as a rally to protest the arrest and jailing of John Sinclair for two joints. Thousands of people attended the annual rally, which was held in the Diag of the University of Michigan.

hashbash_300.gif

The moral of this story ? No reason to wait for 4-20.....FIRE IT UP !

3e910b1ecddbf-38-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great article!

"In fact, the default fate of any politician who publicly considers the legalization of marijuana is to be cast into the outer darkness. Such a person is assumed to be stoned all the time, unworthy of being taken seriously. Such a person would be lacerated by the assorted boozehounds and pill poppers of talk radio. The hypocrisy inherent in the American conversation about stimulants is staggering."

Absolutely correct.

Speaking of 4:20, it will be in about a week. What's everyone gunna do?

It's not that big of a deal for me anymore. I guess once you start getting older, the whole calendar getaway thing wears off. Then again, I don't burn as much as I used to. But when I do, I fucking do. ;)

It's not that big of a deal for me anymore. I guess once you start getting older, the whole calendar getaway thing wears off. Then again, I don't burn as much as I used to. But when I do, I fucking do. ;)

Yeah last year I didn't smoke, but I went bowling to celebrate. That's why I asked what people were going to do, because I figured some people wouldn't celebrate in the "traditional way" any more.

Personally I've never heard the term until I came on this forum. But then we always did get the good stuff down here, maybe I just don't remember :slapface:

Personally I've never heard the term until I came on this forum. But then we always did get the good stuff down here, maybe I just don't remember :slapface:

I think someone told me that April 20th was the best time of the year to grow the herb. I also read the term originated in California. It was the time that kids got together after school to smoke.

Went to the celebrations at the Vancouver Art Gallery with 10,000 other happy people. My Houses of the Holy T-shirt got many approving comments, and even a free joint! It was a most excellent adventure.

Walkin' in the park just the other day, baby,

What do you, what do you think I saw?

Crowds of people sittin' on the grass with flowers in their hair said,

"Hey, Boy, do you wanna score?"

And you know how it is.

I really don't know what time it was, woh, oh,oh

so I asked them if I could stay awhile.

I didn't notice but it had got very dark and I was really

Really out of my mind.

Just then a policeman stepped up to me and asked us, said, "Please,hey,

would we care to all get in line, Get in line."

Well, you know, they asked us to stay for tea and have some fun; Oh, oh,oh.

he said that his friends would all drop by, ooh.

Why don't you take a good look at yourself and describe what you see,

and baby, baby, baby, do you like it?

There you sit, sitting spare like a book on a shelf rustin',

ah, not trying to fight it.

You really don't care if they're comin'; oh, oh,

I know that it's all a state of mind.

If you go down in the streets today, baby, you better,

you better open your eyes. WOAH WOAH YEAH

Folk down there really don't care, really don't care, don't care , really don't , which, which way the pressure lies,

so I've decided what I'm gonna do now.

So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains

where the spirits go now,

over the hills where the spirits fly.

I really don't know.

I think someone told me that April 20th was the best time of the year to grow the herb. I also read the term originated in California. It was the time that kids got together after school to smoke.

Well that explains it, down here we would get buzzed before, during and after school if we were there at all. The public schools in Jefferson were non co-ed the guys went to all guys schools and the girls went to all girls schools :angry: so we often slipped out to meet the girls by the park across from their school :D

Well that explains it, down here we would get buzzed before, during and after school if we were there at all. The public schools in Jefferson were non co-ed the guys went to all guys schools and the girls went to all girls schools :angry: so we often slipped out to meet the girls by the park across from their school :D

So who brought the toke? The girls or the guys :P

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter had the following class assignment:

The Houston Oilers football team is named the "Oiler" because oil is important to that community. If you could name a local team what would it be. My 12 y/o answered- The Humboldt Growers and to be quite honest I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. At any rate I did not make her change her answer. I wonder if she got an "A"?LoL BTW, I'm not a grower but I suppose many of her classmates parents are. Such is life in the Emerald Triangle.

I believe that 420 refers to police communications (i.e. 420 in progress meaning they have spotted marijuana smoking taking place) :lol:

• 1 year later...

Went to the celebrations at the Vancouver Art Gallery with 10,000 other happy people. My Houses of the Holy T-shirt got many approving comments, and even a free joint! It was a most excellent adventure.

Walkin' in the park just the other day, baby,

What do you, what do you think I saw?

Crowds of people sittin' on the grass with flowers in their hair said,

"Hey, Boy, do you wanna score?"

And you know how it is.

I really don't know what time it was, woh, oh,oh

so I asked them if I could stay awhile.

I didn't notice but it had got very dark and I was really

Really out of my mind.

Just then a policeman stepped up to me and asked us, said, "Please,hey,

would we care to all get in line, Get in line."

Well, you know, they asked us to stay for tea and have some fun; Oh, oh,oh.

he said that his friends would all drop by, ooh.

Why don't you take a good look at yourself and describe what you see,

and baby, baby, baby, do you like it?

There you sit, sitting spare like a book on a shelf rustin',

ah, not trying to fight it.

You really don't care if they're comin'; oh, oh,

I know that it's all a state of mind.

If you go down in the streets today, baby, you better,

you better open your eyes. WOAH WOAH YEAH

Folk down there really don't care, really don't care, don't care , really don't , which, which way the pressure lies,

so I've decided what I'm gonna do now.

So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains

where the spirits go now,

over the hills where the spirits fly.

I really don't know.

That's fantastic. happy.gif I like the art gallery in Vancouver.

Archived