Swan Song

Bonham

Did anyone know that the intro to Swan Song is played on the intro of That's the Way on HTWWW? Might wanna check it out. By the way, I have an actual recording of Swan Song and it represents the Zeppelin's whole career - it's a masterpiece.

Edit: Accidentaly put OTHAFA instead of TTW.

Where can I get this, I know I don't have it.

I got it from the Electric Magic site (led-zeppelin.com) in RealAudio format, but since the guy who ran it is now running this site, you can no longer access anything from the home page. You have to run a google search to find the pages with all of the audio and video stuff.

"Swan Song" is on this page: http://www.led-zeppelin.com/audio/various.html

Download it while you still can.

Did anyone know that the intro to Swan Song is played on the intro of That's the Way on HTWWW? Might wanna check it out. By the way, I have an actual recording of Swan Song and it represents the Zeppelin's whole career - it's a masterpiece.

Edit: Accidentaly put OTHAFA instead of TTW.

I never noticed that before, I'll go check it out.

I got it from the Electric Magic site (led-zeppelin.com) in RealAudio format, but since the guy who ran it is now running this site, you can no longer access anything from the home page. You have to run a google search to find the pages with all of the audio and video stuff.

"Swan Song" is on this page: http://www.led-zeppelin.com/audio/various.html

Download it while you still can.

Shit, that was fast. I just checked the page again less than 2 hours later and it's been taken down. Someone is paying attention.

Over an hour??:blink: Good lord...no, I don't have that one. I have the 3:35 one. I didn't realize there were three different recordings. Do you have the hour long one?:o

Yes I do. You can find all three of them on Brutal Artistry I, however only the 1 and 1/2 and 3 and 1/2 versions are essential.

Holy shit, YES. I have been waiting for this, for people who know about Swan Song.

Because i am a Swan Song fanatic.

@ Bohnam: Thank you for the info, that is VERY helpful. Can't verify that yet but...

In return i will tell you one extra info about the thing:

You can find an extra Swan Song - cassette-recording at the beginning of "Ten Years Gone - accoustic demos" (BA's 3rd disc's, first song) (I am unsure whether it is the 20th take or not, i will have to check that out.)

@ Kissandra: The hour - long version can be found on the second disc of Brutal Artistry: BA is considered to be the first, real source for Swan Song.

I'm pretty sure you might be uninterested to hear it: it's basically a collection of cassette recordings so the quality is poor.

There are about 20 takes of Swan Song in that song. They are either Jimmy's accoustic demos or rehearsals w/ JPJ (Mellotron & Bass) and Bonzo (Drums, obviously).

@ J. M. Smig: Actually, the hour-long - version actually proves that Swan Song was actually planned to be like Midnight Moonlight from the beginning with.

Man, i feel like a freak. TOPIC TOOK OVER BY A FANATIC. :(

Holy shit, YES. I have been waiting for this, for people who know about Swan Song.

Because i am a Swan Song fanatic.

@ Bohnam: Thank you for the info, that is VERY helpful. Can't verify that yet but...

In return i will tell you one extra info about the thing:

You can find an extra Swan Song - cassette-recording at the beginning of "Ten Years Gone - accoustic demos" (BA's 3rd disc's, first song) (I am unsure whether it is the 20th take or not, i will have to check that out.)

@ Kissandra: The hour - long version can be found on the second disc of Brutal Artistry: BA is considered to be the first, real source for Swan Song.

I'm pretty sure you might be uninterested to hear it: it's basically a collection of cassette recordings so the quality is poor.

There are about 20 takes of Swan Song in that song. They are either Jimmy's accoustic demos or rehearsals w/ JPJ (Mellotron & Bass) and Bonzo (Drums, obviously).

@ J. M. Smig: Actually, the hour-long - version actually proves that Swan Song was actually planned to be like Midnight Moonlight from the beginning with.

Man, i feel like a freak. TOPIC TOOK OVER BY A FANATIC. :(

Well you were very thorough in your post. Good work.

Well you were very thorough in your post. Good work.

Hey, thanks man, i really appriciate it. :) I have been searching Swan Song related stuff for quite some time already so it feels great that someone could find this information useful.

Also, i'm really suprised they pulled out that site at the Electric Magic: haven't happened to me before so some people really do check these forums regulary!

That realmedia - file is actually the thing which started my investigations.

Hey, thanks man, i really appriciate it. :) I have been searching Swan Song related stuff for quite some time already so it feels great that someone could find this information useful.

Also, i'm really suprised they pulled out that site at the Electric Magic: haven't happened to me before so some people really do check these forums regulary!

That realmedia - file is actually the thing which started my investigations.

Yeah I remember those. I had a hell of a time turning them into MP3s, but in the end it didn't matter since I found the originals later on.

It's not terribly interesting. Page just set up a recorder next to him while he played a bunch of different takes of the same thing.

DOWNLOADED it off limewire.. shame pagey never released it.. he prob would have but bonzo died.. its a shame thinking of all the amazing music they would have continued to make.. i know that because they NEVER wrote a bad song.. not one.. and they would have shown all the doubters how good and creative they were.. swan song woulda been one.. its an amazing instrumental .. "bron yr aur "tho is the best instrumental EVER created.. on physical graffiti side 2.. so beautiful.. shows how good pagey was... BUT IF U HAVENT DOWNLOADED OR HEARD SWAN SONG GO TO LIMEWIRE AND BURN IT TO A BLANK CD.. THAT SONG WOULDA DONE GREAT ON AN actual album.. man could u imagine if that was on physical graffiti.. already the greatest album ever made.. but i own all their albums and have heard every single song and remake and still want more.. swan song is a song u must hear.. bonzo does a great job on it too.

Archived