and now for something completely different

KEVIN

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/detai...fm?newsid=33269

And local promoters salivating over LED ZEPPELIN are on the phones to Canada. Following the band's London reunion gig, Toronto-based promoter Michael Cohl is reportedly stitching up a Led Zep tour. The cost? $200 million for North America alone.

But with Zep singer ROBERT PLANT touring with recent collaborator ALISON KRAUSS in April and May, a Led Zep jaunt to Oz could take place next year.

AC/DC Rumoured For Australian Stadium Show

posted Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 11:14:20 AM by Diamond Oz. (thanks BW&BK)

According to News.com.au, speculation is mounting over who is next to take the Suncorp Stadium stage in Brisbane, Australia.

AC/DC fans, prepare to rejoice. An Acca Dacca tour has been rumoured for years, but industry insiders reckon the kings of hard rock will hit the road this year, including a Suncorp blitzkreig.

And local promoters salivating over LED ZEPPELIN are on the phones to Canada. Following the band's London reunion gig, Toronto-based promoter Michael Cohl is reportedly stitching up a Led Zep tour. The cost? $200 million for North America alone.

But with Zep singer ROBERT PLANT touring with recent collaborator ALISON KRAUSS in April and May, a Led Zep jaunt to Oz could take place next year.

Get more band news and info on: AC/DC, Led Zeppelin

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/detai...fm?newsid=33269

AC/DC Rumoured For Australian Stadium Show

posted Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 11:14:20 AM by Diamond Oz. (thanks BW&BK)

According to News.com.au, speculation is mounting over who is next to take the Suncorp Stadium stage in Brisbane, Australia.

AC/DC fans, prepare to rejoice. An Acca Dacca tour has been rumoured for years, but industry insiders reckon the kings of hard rock will hit the road this year, including a Suncorp blitzkreig.

Get more band news and info on: AC/DC, Led Zeppelin

Lets see ,whats your point ? you wanted us to see you can print the samething twice plus post where you got it on the web? WOW ! nice trick,I`ll be back with a doggie bisqiket for you in a while!

Lets see ,whats your point ? you wanted us to see you can print the samething twice plus post where you got it on the web? WOW ! nice trick,I`ll be back with a doggie bisqiket for you in a while!

I posted the relevant information (Led Zeppelin news) in bold. I then included the entire article below and the link to the story.

So what is your point....

Maybe Michael Cohl knows something......

Perhaps he does. Let's see, there is "supposedly" a secret reservation in Florida at a huge venue, that no one will discuss... are there any other "secret" reservations that I have missed in the discussions that could point to secretive concert dates? Why not???

Well, I'll take it as good fun. If nothing else, a mystery to entertain ourselves with. :D:whistling::D

ye ye toronto based promoter, if theres a tour he better get Zep to Toronto, play at Downsview where the Rolling Stones/ACDC SARS concert made the record for highest attendance for a single day show ever, like over half million were there, ACDC stole the show, Stones sucked shit!! If Zeppelin toured, bank loan here i come!!

ye ye toronto based promoter, if theres a tour he better get Zep to Toronto, play at Downsview where the Rolling Stones/ACDC SARS concert made the record for highest attendance for a single day show ever, like over half million were there, ACDC stole the show, Stones sucked shit!! If Zeppelin toured, bank loan here i come!!

I was at the Stones show and Downsview park was great!! But, I would like them to play arenas. (OH! YES! That will happen!! NOT!!!) Milwaukee Wi USA could be a good place to start the tour!! HA! HA! My back yard would work best for me!!! HA! HA!!

I was at the Stones show and Downsview park was great!! But, I would like them to play arenas. (OH! YES! That will happen!! NOT!!!) Milwaukee Wi USA could be a good place to start the tour!! HA! HA! My back yard would work best for me!!! HA! HA!!

Hey, They're already booked for my backyard this summer. Ha! Ha!

Maybe we should join forces, call it the Backyard Tour. :P

Perhaps he does. Let's see, there is "supposedly" a secret reservation in Florida at a huge venue, that no one will discuss...

Obviously, I respect the 'ell out of zeppelin...but wouldn't it be unbelievably awesome of them if they returned to Tampa Bay to make-up their rained out gig...you know, the one that broke the attendance record (at that time) for most people EVER paying to see a single act...maybe they could do that as a one-off charity gig...and I'm promise (not really going out on a limb here...) they will SHATTER their previous record...does anyone know what the current record is? Not that it really matters, just curious...

Hey, They're already booked for my backyard this summer. Ha! Ha!

Maybe we should join forces, call it the Backyard Tour. :P

OK! The tour can start in your back yard and then move on to my yard!!

But there is some great news coming from Jimmy page! Maybe after September???

:D:D:D:D

Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal....I'm hoping for Canadian dates also, as many as possible even in the US. The more cities they go to the better the chances of getting tickets. I'd go anywhere to see them, and I'm pretty sure most fans would; if 20 000 000 people tried to get tickets for the London Reunion Concert imagine how difficult it would be to get tickets. p.s. I'm clearing my credit cards today, and I've already got a Led-fund savings account going..you know just in case... eitherway can't go wrong, if nothing else, a least I'll have some savings.

Perhaps you are having too many liquid refreshments in too close a time period? Perhaps you forgot to take your meds today? Whatever the case, please be nice because life is much more fun that way. :)

I posted the relevant information (Led Zeppelin news) in bold. I then included the entire article below and the link to the story.

So what is your point....

He has a small penis so he talks trash about other peoples posts to make himself feel better.

RjK

Led Zeppelin ready to tour

But plans on hold until Robert Plant finishes concerts with Alison Krauss

MUSIC

The Associated Press

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page said yesterday he was ready to take the legendary band on a world tour after burning up the stage at last month's reunion concert in London.

"The amount of work we put into O2 was what you would normally put into a world tour anyway," Page, 64, said of the intense rehearsing the band did for the Dec. 10 concert at London's O2 Arena.

The band's three surviving members - Page, singer Robert Plant and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones - were joined at the show by the late John Bonham's son Jason on drums.

Page, who was in Japan to promote the new Zeppelin release, Mothership, said the two-hour-plus concert, which he called "brilliant," was proof that Led Zeppelin, which formed in 1968, can still perform at its best.

He said the band was ready musically to get back together and take it out on a wider run, but it was not clear when Led Zeppelin would go on tour as the singer had other plans.

"Robert Plant has a parallel project and he is busy with that until September," Page said.

Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will begin their world tour with a run of shows in the southern U.S. this spring. The two singers released an album in October called Raising Sand that debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard chart in the U.S. The duo will tour Europe in May before returning for North America shows still to be announced for June and July.

Page said the band members set their standards very high before agreeing to do the reunion, their first in 20 years. Led Zeppelin broke up in 1980 after the elder Bonham's death.

Page said they rehearsed for weeks, apprehensive that the cohesion they had in the 1970s might be hard to rediscover.

"We wanted people who might not have even been alive in 1980 when we finished to understand what we were," he said.

Page said all went well until he broke a finger in three places, forcing the band to postpone the show for several weeks.

"But we did the show, and it was great," he said. "It was instant in terms of chemistry."

Led Zeppelin ready to tour

But plans on hold until Robert Plant finishes concerts with Alison Krauss

MUSIC

The Associated Press

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page said yesterday he was ready to take the legendary band on a world tour after burning up the stage at last month's reunion concert in London.

"The amount of work we put into O2 was what you would normally put into a world tour anyway," Page, 64, said of the intense rehearsing the band did for the Dec. 10 concert at London's O2 Arena.

The band's three surviving members - Page, singer Robert Plant and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones - were joined at the show by the late John Bonham's son Jason on drums.

Page, who was in Japan to promote the new Zeppelin release, Mothership, said the two-hour-plus concert, which he called "brilliant," was proof that Led Zeppelin, which formed in 1968, can still perform at its best.

He said the band was ready musically to get back together and take it out on a wider run, but it was not clear when Led Zeppelin would go on tour as the singer had other plans.

"Robert Plant has a parallel project and he is busy with that until September," Page said.

Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will begin their world tour with a run of shows in the southern U.S. this spring. The two singers released an album in October called Raising Sand that debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard chart in the U.S. The duo will tour Europe in May before returning for North America shows still to be announced for June and July.

Page said the band members set their standards very high before agreeing to do the reunion, their first in 20 years. Led Zeppelin broke up in 1980 after the elder Bonham's death.

Page said they rehearsed for weeks, apprehensive that the cohesion they had in the 1970s might be hard to rediscover.

"We wanted people who might not have even been alive in 1980 when we finished to understand what we were," he said.

Page said all went well until he broke a finger in three places, forcing the band to postpone the show for several weeks.

"But we did the show, and it was great," he said. "It was instant in terms of chemistry."

thank you, elizabeth. this is what I was expecting. I can't wait to hear them on the stages. Every time I read things like this or see the Rolling Stone interview I just feel this tour closer.

thank you and sorry for my horrible english.

thank you, elizabeth. this is what I was expecting. I can't wait to hear them on the stages. Every time I read things like this or see the Rolling Stone interview I just feel this tour closer.

thank you and sorry for my horrible english.

I think you do a magnificent job with English- (especially if English is your second language). But then, I am American, and Texan as well, so my opinion is discounted (LOL). :D

I was the there Downsview Airport '03 as well. What an amazing event it was!

On thing I'll never forget is between changing of acts, early on in the show there was DJ spinning different music. He played a few seconds of KASHMIR off PG to a few hundred thousand people open area in the middle of a big city.

That was a few seconds of joy -- unequalled by any of the live acts that appeared.

That's that the type of venue I would want Zeppelin should play.

Outdoors for the entire city to hear.

Brisbane and 14 shows at MSG,,,,,why no rumors at Kezar or Berkeley,,,,one can only dream!

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...36-7642,00.html

LED Zeppelin is ready for a world tour and a Brisbane gig is almost certain to be on the itinerary - but it won't be until early next year at the earliest.

The British hard-rock legends put on a two-hour concert last month at London's 02 Arena for 20,000 fans, and speculation has swirled a fully fledged world tour.

Guitarist Jimmy Page confirmed plans for a tour were being made but refused to be pinned down to definite plans, saying any tour would depend on front man Robert Plant's busy schedule.

Radio reports suggest Brisbane would be on any schedule for an Australian leg of a tour but other confirmation has come from a source much closer to the band.

Then & Now photos: All aboard the Comeback bandwagonZeppelin biographer and Brisbane-based rock writer Ritchie Yorke said the band wouldn't come all this way and not play Brisbane, where the band played a sellout Festival Hall in 1972.

``They see themselves as a band that brought a lot of change to rock’n’roll and took it to another level after the Beatles", Yorke said.

"They didn’t want to mess with that, so that’s what held them back from doing this before."

"There’s always been big money for them to get back together but they’ve felt it was just too special a thing to be tossed out again just for money. "

``They’re not going to wait till they’re 66."

``My understanding is Toronto-based promoter Michael Cohl has a $200millon dollar offer on the table and that’s just for North America. And I also heard that Madison Square Garden has been booked for 14 nights.’’

``They’ll do Australia because they’re quite fond of Australia but it may not be till later. Every country in the world wants dates and they’ll only do so many, but I reckon they’ll do four or five in Australia and Brisbane will get one.’’

Page has explained that Plant "has a parallel project and he's really busy with that, certainly until September".

Page, who is visiting Japan to promote a greatest-hits album, acknowledged that the three surviving members of the iconic 1970s band had laid the groundwork for a world tour.

The London gig came 27 years after the band split up following the death of drummer John Bonham.

I was the there Downsview Airport '03 as well. What an amazing event it was!

On thing I'll never forget is between changing of acts, early on in the show there was DJ spinning different music. He played a few seconds of KASHMIR off PG to a few hundred thousand people open area in the middle of a big city.

That was a few seconds of joy -- unequalled by any of the live acts that appeared.

That's that the type of venue I would want Zeppelin should play.

Outdoors for the entire city to hear.

That would be a good idea! They can fit 500,000 or more there! WOW! The city of Toronto and Niagra could here them!! HA! HA!

THE BAND SHOULD PLAY HERE........ FOR AT LEAST A WEEKEND

BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY

http://bristolmotorspeedway.com/

Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, Tenn.

"World's Fastest Half Mile," 0.533-mile concrete oval

Degree of banking in corners: 36 degrees

Degree of banking in straights: 16 degrees

Straightaways: 650 feet

Concrete racing surface is 40 feet wide

Seating capacity: 160,000

Address:

PO Box 3966 (37625)

151 Speedway Blvd. (37620)

Bristol, TN

SEATING 160,000

PLUS INFIELD ~ 100,000

250,000 + Per show

MY ORIGINAL POST...

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...amp;#entry45428

just in the off chance the band may read this... THANK YOU SO MUCH. i cannot wait for this new tour. ill see you at the garden (msg). :D

I would be happy to see them in The Garden if they don't play Chicago or near Milwaukee. I went to New York for the first time last St Patrick day weekend. WOW!!! What a great place!! The people are so nice!! OH! YES! They were!! Went to a Knicks game and saw the wall of fame. HOW COOL!!! So many great concert posters of Led Zep and others!! I would love to go back there and see them!! B)

Archived