Who's That Bloke With Percy?

Knebby

Found this while out 'hunting' today. Any idea when and who?

post-16971-0-51084900-1303595514_thumb.j

Thank you. jo

Maybe... Connie Hamzy, a groupie

http://s11.allstarpi...3qe93j810yj.jpg

http://s11.allstarpics.net/images/orig/o/e/oecfz110b22r2br1.jpg

at least in both photos have some resemblance... (with more pounds)

If it's true... Jimmy, Jimmy... :wtf: (read her bio..)

Edited by Laura_Page

Maybe... Connie Hamzy, a groupie

http://s11.allstarpi...3qe93j810yj.jpg

http://s11.allstarpi...110b22r2br1.jpg

at least in both photos have some resemblance... (with more pounds)

If it's true... Jimmy, Jimmy... :wtf: (read her bio..)

It sure does slightly look like her, I'm just wondering why he'd be with a groupie in the nineties?

Found this while out 'hunting' today. Any idea when and who?

post-16971-0-51084900-1303595514_thumb.j

Thank you. jo

Intriguing. Circa '93-'96. Who and where?

When this photo first started circulating, the woman was identified by someone as Fabienne Shine. I have no idea if it is her - I am not good at recognizing faces and to me this woman doesn't resemble the Fabienne Shine from the old photo with Johnny Thunders or the Fabienne Shine of more recent years. It's definitely not Connie Hamzy.

http://www.helioschr...einterview.html

Intriguing. Circa '93-'96. Who and where?

Her name is Ashley Hamm. She is a freelance photographer who now lives in Nashville. The photograph was taken in Knoxville. Her professional Facebook page gives a contact email address as ahammphotography@yahoo.com, so if you want to know when it was taken, and perhaps get the story as to how she met Jimmy etc, you could email her.

• 11 months later...

This photo was originally labeled as JPJ with JP. I'm bad with faces but this doesn't look at all like JPJ to me. Could this be an early pic of John Ward with Jimmy? Was he with the band then? In Montreal?

JWJPMontreal1969.jpg

^^^

Possibly taken April 14, 1970 at Montreal Airport as Led Zeppelin was enroute to Ottawa or April 15, 1970 enroute to Evansville, IN. Wouldn't have been during Led Zeppelin's arrival in Montreal (April 13th) because though Jimmy was wearing the same coat he had on sneakers. The Rolling Stones were not on tour at this time, but Sam Cutler may have been in Montreal to coordinate the Festival Express tour for The Grateful Dead (among others):

http://en.wikipedia....estival_Express

Thursday, May 06, 2010

You Can't Always Get What You Want

IMG_2445.jpg

Ex-groupies, start slobbering: It's not often that Jimmy Page (pictured with Sam Cutler), Richard Cole, the 'infamous' ex-tour manager of Led Zeppelin, Tom Salter ex-manager of the Grateful Dead, the legendary rock manager Danny Secunda, Jeff Dexter, the ex manager of America and Andrew King, the manger, formerly of Blackhill Enterprises, who managed the Pink Floyd and Ian Drury are clustered together in one room.

But this group of Music Industry figures were just some of the glamorous guests at Sam Cutler's launch for his You Can't Always Get What You Want launch at Beach Blanket Babylon last night.

Sam's lucidly written autobiography about his days as a tour manager for the Stones and the Dead was first published in Australia before being republished by ECW Press a Canadian publisher for the USA market.

Thanks to Sam's extensive Media saturated book launch in the States, his tome is already a bestseller. And one of the guests at the launch told me he's even going to translate the book into French.

Also at this exciting book launch were a sea of glamorous old faces paying homage to Sam Cutler, including Gregory Sams, Zelda Chesterfield (pictured with Sam Cutler) and journalist and writer Danae Brook also pictured with Sam (one of her scoops was breaking the story about Diana's engagement to Charles).

Robin Marchesi, the poet changed the batteries of my camera halfway through the evening. And I was also treated to an impromptu cabaret from the chanteuse/songwriter Holly Penfield who belted out a song before departing for her late night gig.

Edited by SteveAJones

^^^

Possibly taken April 14, 1970 at Montreal Airport as Led Zeppelin was enroute to Ottawa or April 15, 1970 enroute to Evansville, IN. Wouldn't have been during Led Zeppelin's arrival in Montreal (April 13th) because though Jimmy was wearing the same coat he had on sneakers. The Rolling Stones were not on tour at this time, but Sam Cutler may have been in Montreal to coordinate the Festival Express tour for The Grateful Dead (among others):

Thursday, May 06, 2010

IMG_2445.jpg

Ex-groupies, start slobbering: It's not often that Jimmy Page (pictured with Sam Cutler), Richard Cole, the 'infamous' ex-tour manager of Led Zeppelin, Tom Salter ex-manager of the Grateful Dead, the legendary rock manager Danny Secunda, Jeff Dexter, the ex manager of America and Andrew King, the manger, formerly of Blackhill Enterprises, who managed the Pink Floyd and Ian Drury are clustered together in one room.

But this group of Music Industry figures were just some of the glamorous guests at Sam Cutler's launch for his You Can't Always Get What You Want launch at Beach Blanket Babylon last night.

Sam's lucidly written autobiography about his days as a tour manager for the Stones and the Dead was first published in Australia before being republished by ECW Press a Canadian publisher for the USA market.

Thanks to Sam's extensive Media saturated book launch in the States, his tome is already a bestseller. And one of the guests at the launch told me he's even going to translate the book into French.

Also at this exciting book launch were a sea of glamorous old faces paying homage to Sam Cutler, including Gregory Sams, Zelda Chesterfield (pictured with Sam Cutler) and journalist and writer Danae Brook also pictured with Sam (one of her scoops was breaking the story about Diana's engagement to Charles).

Robin Marchesi, the poet changed the batteries of my camera halfway through the evening. And I was also treated to an impromptu cabaret from the chanteuse/songwriter Holly Penfield who belted out a song before departing for her late night gig.

....Thank you for this update.....

here is a photo of Monteral Airport 1970...similar board signs perhaps....

montrealairport1970.jpg

Was Led Zeppelin ever pursued for Festival Express? I cannot remember this, any references by Sam Cutler?

http://yul.70.admtl.com/en/index.html

^^^

Thursday, May 06, 2010

IMG_2445.jpg

Zelda Chesterfield, both Jimmy and Sam's photographer friend says about this picture on facebook, they are smiling at her. :D

Edited by aen27

Not to my knowledge. It's unlikely as it was a summer festival being headlined by The Grateful Dead. Besides, Led Zeppelin already played their Canadien dates in the Spring.

..Thanks SAJ for this logical explanation, Zeppelin back in UK end of June for Bath Festival, and dates for Festival Express are end of June/beginning of July:

Festival Express Dates...

http://www.thecoolgroove.com/gsb_festivalxpress.html

on this note, the Man Pop Festival was played by Zep ofcourse, August 29, 1970/WPG and I also hear from an Man-Pop attendee here that John Lennon was contacted for this festival, but refused...

anyway, thanks for informative reply as always..

I have sent this photo to Sam, who is a friend of mine. I don't thinks it's him as he never dressed this way. It's more than likely Jon Lord, but I'll get back to you...

If the date suggested is correct, Deep Purple were in Europe at the time. I don't think it's Jon lord - I don't think he wore boots like that. Looks more Mick Fleetwood to me, (but they were also touring the UK at the time of the suggested date) but there is also a 60s music-related figure nagging at the back of my mind who I just cannot place or name. Will keep thinking. Edited by Knebby

If the date suggested is correct, Deep Purple were in Europe at the time. I don't think it's Jon lord - I don't think he wore boots like that. Looks more Mick Fleetwood to me, (but they were also touring the UK at the time of the suggested date) but there is also a 60s music-related figure nagging at the back of my mind who I just cannot place or name. Will keep thinking.

Are you thinking Nicky Hopkins ?

My thanks to Sam Cutler and yourself for the assistance. The game is afoot.

...SAJ, interesting mystery nevertheless, I reviewed the Tiimeline Press for Montreal for any possible representation, Montreal Gazette has very warmly and graciously replied:

Here is their warm response: The Editor Writes:

"I'm a huge Zep fan, too, and I also worked with Herb Aronoff in the '70s. I can't say with certainty that the picture is Herb, because when I knew him, he had short hair. However, it could be him. I'll dig around a bit and see if I can reach him."

I have sent this link for any update;

Montreal Zeppelin '70 Promoter Donald K. Donald does not resemble the archival photo thus far...