Who's That Bloke With Percy?

Knebby

Has anyone posted this?

robertphil.jpg

Wow, that pic gave a me a flashback(somewhat annoying). I remember 9/14/83 in Philly. I was in the front row and Robert was introducing the group and when he got to Phil Collins, he blew that damn trumpet right into the mic and my head almost exploded since I was right next to the speaker. Then of course Collins came back to Philly on 7/13/85 and pissed me off further. LOL

Is that from the Swan Song inception party in 1974?

Roy Harper and Bill Wyman.

I'm not sure Chicago - don't think I've ever seen any other pics of Robert in that combo ( great jacket) but Jimmy's pink jacket/green shirt do is well doccumented. :)

Edited by Knebby

I'm not sure Chicago - don't think I've ever seen any other pics of Robert in that combo ( great jacket) but Jimmy's pink jacket/green shirt do is well doccumented. :)

That was quite a colorful outfit Jimmy was wearing then. I had a poster insert from Hit Parader where Jimmy's in that garb which I had on my wall. My Father walked in my room and commented - " Who's that Afghan?" - referring to the breed of dog.

f_pageyceaserm_135a979.jpg

I admire Jimmy's brave sartorial sense: boldly mixing stripes with a floral (or are they butterflies?! even better) pattern, then finishing off the look with a bright silk scarf. Only someone with his cherub face & smile could pull that off :)

Edited by FireOpal

I admire Jimmy's brave sartorial sense: boldly mixing stripes with a floral (or are they butterflies?! even better) pattern, then finishing off the look with a bright silk scarf. Only someone with his cherub face & smile could pull that off :)

And the frame of a supermodel.

There were two separate occasions. The pics you just posted are from the LA launch - great pics, BTW, I've never seen them before.

Hot pink paired with olive green was a popular color combination in the winter of 1966-1967.

Also 1965.

He is the Coolest!!

Thanks for that blast from the past. I think my parent's kitchen shared those colors when I grew up in the 70's. I'm serious. Our refrigerator was an avacodo green and our counter tops and wall mounted phone where pink. Don't remember what color our living room carpet was, but I used to lay on it in front of "my dad's" precious stereo system with his huge headphones on, listening to my older brother's Led Zeppelin albums. I think I remember it as my dad's stereo, because it was so high tech, turntable and all, that my mom never understood how to use it. One day I talked my dad into listening to a Zeppelin album and I agreed to listen to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass album. The one with the lady covered in whipped cream on the cover. Does anyone relate?

He is the Coolest!!

Thanks for that blast from the past. I think my parent's kitchen shared those colors when I grew up in the 70's. I'm serious. Our refrigerator was an avacodo green and our counter tops and wall mounted phone where pink. Don't remember what color our living room carpet was, but I used to lay on it in front of "my dad's" precious stereo system with his huge headphones on, listening to my older brother's Led Zeppelin albums. I think I remember it as my dad's stereo, because it was so high tech, turntable and all, that my mom never understood how to use it. One day I talked my dad into listening to a Zeppelin album and I agreed to listen to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass album. The one with the lady covered in whipped cream on the cover. Does anyone relate?

My parents had that album - Whipped Cream and Other Delights I think. Their stereo was one of those long cabinets that you slid the top open on one side to get to the turntable and the speakers were built in. It looked like a piece of furniture. Oh, the carpet was burnt orange shag. :P

He is the Coolest!!

how cool, i used to listen to that album,laying on green shag carpet :lol::P