Who's That Bloke With Percy?

Knebby

• 3 months later...

Who, Where and When please?

RP01.jpg

L-R: Sam Clayton, Paul Barrere, Robert Plant (of Led Zeppelin), Richie Hayward, Bill Payne - posed, group shot, backstage (Photo by Ian Dickson/Redferns)

Ian Dickson was a prominent London-based photographer from 1972 onward, and this was probably taken circa 1975-1976. I am still seeking confirmation of the location and date.

• 3 weeks later...

...and Linda Ronstadt and Ron Wood

wood.jpg

Jimmy and Paul Rodgers

Firm-1.jpg

Robert and Michael Douglas

douglas.jpg

with Mick Jones

foreigner.jpg

This picture of Robert Plant and Michael Douglas is very intriguing to me. I belive it is taken from some Nobel Peace Prize ceremony in Oslo, Norway or Helsinki, Finland. Whether I am right or wrong, I don't care. What captivates me is a very interesting picture of two of my favorite persons engaged in what seems like a very meaningful conversation.

Anyone have any better knowledge of the origins of this photograph?

Edited by kingzoso

This picture of Robert Plant and Michael Douglas is very intriguing to me. I belive it is taken from some Nobel Peace Prize ceremony in Oslo, Norway or Helsinki, Finland. Whether I am right or wrong, I don't care. What captivates me is a very interesting picture of two of my favorite persons engaged in what seems like a very meaningful conversation.

Anyone have any better knowledge of the origins of this photograph?

The annual Nobel Peace Prize Concert was held in Oslo, Norway on December 11, 2003 in honor of the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize laureate Shirin Ebadi. The concert was hosted by Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas. Robert Plant was among many artists who performed.

http://nobelpeacepri...istory/2003.php

As a by the way, Michael Douglas introduced Crosby, Stills & Nash during the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary Concert held at Madison Square Garden on May 10, 1988:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8opGwu-rPA

None of the backstage footage aired live by HBO is included in the YouTube link, but I have it and can tell you it includes Michael Douglas.

Edited by SteveAJones

It was his first wedding to Marilyn Cole. Not sure of the year. Looks around 74-75?

That photograph was taken at the wedding reception held at Caxton Hall in Autumn 1974. I'll post the exact date soonest (if the princples don't mind).

Edited by SteveAJones

Confirmed by Elisabeth that the guy on the right is Stephen Davis!

Oh, yes. If I recall correctly it's published in his most recent book, LZ-'75: The Lost Chronicles of Led Zeppelin's 1975 American Tour. So it probably wasn't taken in California, as Davis hired a photographer named Peter Simon to photograph the band in California. Perhaps Davis can confirm the where and when.

Was this at Richard Cole's wedding?

wedding_zps76937048.jpg

Left to Right: Richard Cole, Marilyn Cole, Lionel Bart (writer & composer), Jimmy Page, Robert Plant

it was all such a rush to get the outfit made - I had 3 weeks - the registry office, the whole wedding, was madness.....my dear friend, the milliner Malcolm Raines went a bit over the top - too much of something.....he was the Stephen Jones of the day, wonderful hats - wish I still had some of his earlier ones he made me - this one was not one of his best.... The whole outfit was soooo OTT! -- Marilyn Cole

Re: elevator pic - Looks like Robert's wearing his "I'm a golden God" T-shirt, are you sure it's not the same day? At the Riot House?

So perhaps I was right after all? It's just that Davis said he hired a photographer named Peter Simon to photograph the band in California. Perhaps he meant to shoot the actual concerts. The Golden God photo was definitely taken at the Continental Hyatt House in the presence

of Davis, which I'd forgotten until your reminder. So it is plausible this one with Davis was taken the same day in March 1975.