Who's That Bloke With Percy?

Knebby

Who are the dudes in the photo with JP and Brian May?

Jimmy Page, Brian May & Dan Hawkins from Darkness judged the Riffathon Live Final (2005) featuring ten guitarists and presented a 1957 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top to winner Martin Tomkins at the Hammersmith Palais on July 22, 2005.

That photograph was taken at the wedding reception held at Caxton Hall in Autumn 1974. I'll post the exact date soonest (if the principles don't mind).

Left to Right: Richard Cole, Marilyn Cole, Lionel Bart (writer & composer), Jimmy Page, Robert Plant

it was all such a rush to get the outfit made - I had 3 weeks - the registry office, the whole wedding, was madness.....my dear friend, the milliner Malcolm Raines went a bit over the top - too much of something.....he was the Stephen Jones of the day, wonderful hats - wish I still had some of his earlier ones he made me - this one was not one of his best.... The whole outfit was soooo OTT! -- Marilyn Cole

January 2, 1974 -- Richard Cole

:thumbsup:

January 2, 1974 -- Richard Cole

:thumbsup:

SAJ,

If you go to the undernoted address, you will find among the related stream of photos a picture of

Richard Cole's wedding to Tracey Heron Webber where the guests are standing outside on the steps of Chelsea Register Office. I hadn't seen it before – like most others, the only one I have seen was taken inside the Golden Lion Pub at the reception.

I was unable to get the photo copied over to here, perhaps someone else can manage.

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/jimmy-page-walk-of-fame-london/Memory/063f4444-65c6-44b8-bbf3-a00c00d3dd77 When this page opens, it will take you to the photo of Jimmy at the London Walk of Fame. Go back one page from this to get the RC wedding photo.

Edited by blackdog60

SAJ,

If you go to the undernoted address, you will find among the related stream of photos a picture of

Richard Cole's wedding to Tracey Heron Webber where the guests are standing outside on the steps of Chelsea Register Office. I hadn't seen it before – like most others, the only one I have seen was taken inside the Golden Lion Pub at the reception.

I was unable to get the photo copied over to here, perhaps someone else can manage.

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/jimmy-page-walk-of-fame-london/Memory/063f4444-65c6-44b8-bbf3-a00c00d3dd77 When this page opens, it will take you to the photo of Jimmy at the London Walk of Fame. Go back one page from this to get the RC wedding photo.

Many thanks for the link! I shall share this with Richard.

Ooh and another

Knebby,

I don't know how you managed to get them copied over! I spent about an hour last night 'right-clicking', but no joy! You may have noticed that there is a photo of JImmy with the late Chrissie Wood. The notes underneath say it was taken at the Chislehurst Caves party (the Pretty Things album release). There is also a nice photo of Bonzo with one of his vintage car acquisitions. What crossed my mind was that whoever posted these may be 'an insider'.

Hi :) Yeah nice link! I used printscreen, copied them into paint and saved them as jpegs. I had seen the pic of Jimmy and Krissy before but I think she had been edited out of it. Also the Bonzo car one I think had been in his brother's book? I would have to go back and check. The Summit ones I liked are clearly press conference, I can't remember seeing them published at the time but hey we are talking many years ago! I had also seen the one on the steps at the wedding that you have referred Steve to - I think Dave Lewis may have sent it to me years ago - anyway would never have thought to look at this site so thanks :)

Knebby,

I don't know how you managed to get them copied over! I spent about an hour last night 'right-clicking', but no joy! You may have noticed that there is a photo of JImmy with the late Chrissie Wood. The notes underneath say it was taken at the Chislehurst Caves party (the Pretty Things album release). There is also a nice photo of Bonzo with one of his vintage car acquisitions. What crossed my mind was that whoever posted these may be 'an insider'.

blacKdog60 and Knebby,

I found the picture from where I had seen it entirely on facebook. I had forgotten that was Krissy.

253785_1576038379188_5466723_n_zps3847d1

Well this one is an absolute beauty that I hadn't seen before (though I do have the album :) )

summit_zpsc8957b2b.jpg

Okay, let's play "identify the rocker." Robert Plant is in the back row, the fourth man from the left. I believe Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy is the man on the front row, far right with the curly dark hair and dark complexion. The guy next to Lynott is Steve Perry from Journey. Guy on the first row wearing the knit cap looks like Paul Rodgers. Who is the man sitting between Paul Rodgers and Steve Perry? His face is familiar but I can't place him.

Does anyone know when and where this photo was taken?

Definitely not Steve Perry! The front row (L to R) is Paul Rodgers, Simon Kirke, *Mick Ralphs* and Phil Lynott.

Bad Company's Boz Burrell is back row far left, then Scott Gorham, Eric Clapton and Robert.

Maybe someone can fill in the next 3.

The tallest, in the very back, is John Illsley of Dire Straits, then Mark Knopfler in the striped sweater, and his brother David.

It was taken at a launch for the benefit album, The Summit.

All proceeds from the 1979 lp were donated to "The Year of the Child", a charity designated to help sick and disabled children.

It featured Led Zep's Candy Store Rock and Bad Company's Rock & Roll Fantasy in addition to a song each from ELO, Wings, Gerry Rafferty, Dire Straits, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Cliff Richard, Supertramp, Thin Lizzy, YES and Pink Floyd.

Well this one is an absolute beauty that I hadn't seen before (though I do have the album :) )

summit_zpsc8957b2b.jpg

Back row - Boz Burrel ( Bad Co), Scott Gorham ( Thin Lizzy), Eric Clapton, Plant, one of ELO (Mik Kaminski maybe?), think Pik Withers from Dire Straits in patterned tank top, Brian Downey from Thin Lizzy in front, John Illsley (Dire Straits) behind, Mark Knopfler ( Dire Straits) David Knopfler ( DS)

Front Row - Paul Rodgers, Simon Kirke and Mick Ralphs from Bad Co, Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy.

I believe the photo was dated as 1980, but I would have called it as 79..

Edited by Knebby