Jethro Tull

JethroTull

Does he just not have his singing voice anymore? Thats why i just listen to the CD's now, you can't go wrong!!

It's touch and go. Depends on the song. Somewhere around 1984 Ian's had some throat problems and his singing voice changed. Some say it's was due to years of cigarette/pipe smoking. Ian says it is in part due to playing the flute and it's impact on the vocal chords.

Edited by JethroTull

It's touch and go. Depends on the song. Somewhere around 1984 Ian's had some throat problems and his singing voice changed. Some say it's was due to years of cigarette/pipe smoking. Ian says it is in part due to playing the flute and it's impact on the vocal chords.

I beleive Ian had a throat surgery in 84-85. The first album ater this was Crest of a knave, which Ian sang in a lower tone.

Was surgery performed by Dr. Brogenbroom? If so, Ian's voice was shot in 1993 so the good doctor must've missed a few ties on the sutures.

Since my username is a play on a Jethro Tull song I felt I needed to post in this thread.

Thank you, and HELLO!

Welcome to the machine .Floyd Humour.

Was surgery performed by Dr. Brogenbroom? If so, Ian's voice was shot in 1993 so the good doctor must've missed a few ties on the sutures.

Since my username is a play on a Jethro Tull song I felt I needed to post in this thread.

Thank you, and HELLO!

Thanks Joel.

Kinda like jerkism seems to be doing.

(not directed at you, btw)

I hope you did not mean Me Because I have not done you a thing .It was merley a comment about the Rick,Joel whatever crap that was going on back and forth and it started in one thread and the next thing you know it popped up in all of them.If you thought for whatever reason I was attacking you you were wrong it was humor only if and when I decide a need to attack anyone there is no chance of it being a mistake.So I apologize if it was not meant for Me and if it was I appologize for making you get defensive

seems to be a standard thing around the Forum.I am here for Music related info and Fun only.

I have made quite a few post verry few have been negative. :D

... and that is exactly why I said "not directed at you, btw"

But, as a victim of the whole Joel thing, I'd like to say it's not something to take lightly.

Edited by VJay

Message to alwizard03 and dzldoc, Ian wore the red top hat in 1977 during the Songs From the Wood tour. Barrie Barlow wore a kilt. Regarding that tickets stub of al's, 1975 was the War Child tour. Here is a great video, probably posted before, but worth a second look.

Velvet Green

thanks for the info

... and that is exactly why I said "not directed at you, btw"

But, as a victim of the whole Joel thing, I'd like to say it's not something to take lightly.

Sorry did not know what btw meant and I dont blame you for not taking it lightly.If We could take Him out and Shoot Him that would be good but I guess We cant so We can only fantasize about it.Yes I am a little crazy.

Message to alwizard03 and dzldoc, Ian wore the red top hat in 1977 during the Songs From the Wood tour. Barrie Barlow wore a kilt. Regarding that tickets stub of al's, 1975 was the War Child tour. Here is a great video, probably posted before, but worth a second look.

Velvet Green

Reply to Jethro Tull

That and this is a Derby :D

8cdcbc1e.gif

This is a Top Hat :D

ee5f99c0.jpg

I wanna buy some Jethro DVD... What is your recommendation Jethro?

Although I have not seen it yet, the new live in germany looks promising. U have been able to see some songs on youtube and are all great.

I want to know if someone here has allready seen the newest dvd their fully authorized story and has something to coment for fans to know.

I wanna buy some Jethro DVD... What is your recommendation Jethro?

Sadly, there is NO start to finish concert released. There is NO quality footage from the classic Tull line-ups of the Aqualung (1971), Thick as a Brick(1972), A Passion Play(1973) or War Child (1974 and 1975) tours. Can you believe it?? Let's add 1976, 1977 and 1978 in the mix too. There is some decent stuff from 76 and 77 on youtube. The 1970 Isle of Wite DVD was released a couple of years ago. I only own the audio and quite enjoy it, warts and all. Everything Tull seems to release on DVD gets spliced and diced with added commentary by band members injected in the middle of a song. Ian thinks it would be boring to watch a performance start to finish. Back to your question, I would stick to the 20 or 25 year anniversay collections and I'm not even sure if both are on DVD. I suspect they are not easy to get.

Sadly, there is NO start to finish concert released. There is NO quality footage from the classic Tull line-ups of the Aqualung (1971), Thick as a Brick(1972), A Passion Play(1973) or War Child (1974 and 1975) tours. Can you believe it?? Let's add 1976, 1977 and 1978 in the mix too. There is some decent stuff from 76 and 77 on youtube. The 1970 Isle of Wite DVD was released a couple of years ago. I only own the audio and quite enjoy it, warts and all. Everything Tull seems to release on DVD gets spliced and diced with added commentary by band members injected in the middle of a song. Ian thinks it would be boring to watch a performance start to finish. Back to your question, I would stick to the 20 or 25 year anniversay collections and I'm not even sure if both are on DVD. I suspect they are not easy to get.

Damn.. specialy for

Aqualung (1971),

Well I will try to get some one, but like you say is gonna be hard.

Thanks man.

• 2 weeks later...