Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
GibsonGirl

Your first Led Zeppelin album

331 members have voted

1. 1. What was the first Led Zeppelin album you ever owned?

• Led Zeppelin
    • Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • Led Zeppelin IV (or whatever you want to call it)
    • Houses Of The Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through The Out Door
    • Coda
    • The Song Remains The Same

I received all the albums as a gift about 10 years ago, when I started becoming a die hard fan. :0

I was a wee lad of 11 back in 1971 when i heard "The Immigrant Song" on my transistor radio while walking to my grandparents house. I was hooked. Of course at the end of the song the DJ just said "That was Led Zeppelin". So the next day, I rushed to the local store and grabbed the first Led Zeppelin album I saw. It was Led Zep 1. Although it didn't have the song I wanted on it, I loved all the songs on that album tool, so I went back to the store and got the other two Zep albums! I still have them!

ITTOD

I think it was $7.99 at Payless. I remember tearing off the grocery bag recycled paper cover and wondering why they didn't use the usual cellophane wrap

IV, because you've got to start somewhere and I went "Aha, Stairway To Heaven, people say that's good". I'd never heard it, and wasn't instantly sure what all the fuss was about. It's still not one of my very favourites, though it's pretty great. But When The Levee Breaks was instant blow-your-socks-off, start-a-new-obsession stuff.

It was IV for me...a friend of mine brought his copy over and played it on my parent's turntable....my music taste change forever that day (there was no turning back!!).circa early '72....was a bit young to go to the Zeppelin concert in Adelaide...the only chance I would ever get to see them play live, although I got to see Plant in '83 (Melb)..and Page and Plant in '96 (Syd)..where's that time machine when you need it??

Physical Graffiti. I purchased it in Summer 1975 with money I earned babysitting. I didn't purchase any other Zep albums until after the band broke up.

First time I consciously paid attention to Led Zeppelin was when I was 14 in 1993. Back then there was a commercial to order their albums. (Maybe the box set?) They played samples of a lot of their songs and thought,"Wow! This stuff sounds cool!" Then one day I was messing with the stereo after school and saw Led Zeppelin II in my parents CD collection. I didn't know they owned any Led Zeppelin. I stole it! The rest is history!

P.S. I later discovered their vinyl collection and they had Led Zeppelin's first album and Song Remains the Same. My dad told me they used to own more Zep albums but they got wrecked in parties during the 70's/early 80's. My dad also bought Led Zeppelin's debut in January of 1969. The sleeve is wrecked! About 12 years ago they decided to gave me their entire record collection. A lot of gems!

Edited by Led Wilde

For me it was HOTH, only because that was the only one they had in the record dept of the department store I used to shop at, as a yewt. I do remember that Over The Hills and Far Away was on the radio, at that time, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I was around in 1969 so obviously "Led Zeppelin" Atlantic SD 8216 was my first album.

My mother has (or had until I took it)  an original 1969 copy of Led Zeppelin I. . I put it on when I was 12 and it changed my life… The first Led Zeppelin tape I ever bought was IV when I was 13… 30 years later it's still the best thing I've ever heard

Having listened to my dads 1 to 4 zepp vinyls, a couple of years later I managed to muster enough cash to get the "remasters" crop circle compilation when it came out. I then realised there were more albums than just the first 4 so I started to collect em all starting with II